PDA

View Full Version : Manuel

cincrazy
08-13-2006, 01:07 AM
"You look at Houston and they are the ones you have to watch," said Manuel. "They have good pitching."

This team continues to get no respect whatsoever. It just amazes me. That's not the first time in this series that Manuel has disrespected this team. The guy should worry about righting his own ship before he goes spouting off every other minute about the Reds.

TOBTTReds
08-13-2006, 01:44 AM
"You look at Houston and they are the ones you have to watch," said Manuel. "They have good pitching."

This team continues to get no respect whatsoever. It just amazes me. That's not the first time in this series that Manuel has disrespected this team. The guy should worry about righting his own ship before he goes spouting off every other minute about the Reds.

I don't agree with the Houston comment because I don't think they have the offense. But personally, I don't fear the Reds because of their pitching. Soooo bad right now. We need Milton to go 9 tomorrow.

There are many games, like the 14 inning game, where I can point out about 15 different reasons we didn't win. It is unreal how bad we look sometimes. Our offense bails out the pitching too much to win the wild card or central. Our pitching has to get better.

jmcclain19
08-13-2006, 01:58 AM
They get no respect because the Reds are winning with smoke and mirrors, and everyone can see that.

Now - i'm enjoying the season like no other, but right now they are being held together by chickenwire, duct tape and bubble gum.

The Reds have middle of the road starting pitching, a bullpen that went from awful to just midly bad, the defense may be the worst in baseball, and the one, huge advantage the team had, a monster offense, has been nocked down several levels to just medicore.

They are winning, and considering the last several years we should enjoy every minute of that along the way. God knows I am - this has been one of hte more enjoyable Reds seasons I've experienced in a while.

But sooner or later, magic fairy tales always come to an end. Whether we like it or not.

cincrazy
08-13-2006, 02:09 AM
I don't think losing Kearns and Lopez has that much effect on our offense. The reason our offense has been below par is because Griffey hasn't hit, and lately Dunn hasn't hit much either. If the two big guys heat up, then the offense is fine. Everything that you said about the pitching is true. But, take a look around the NL and find another team chasing us that isn't doing it with "smoke and mirrrors." We are by no means a very good team, but in the NL, I don't have a problem in saying that we have as good a shot as anyone, and I truly believe that.

KronoRed
08-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Our starting pitching is terrifying when you really look at it, EZ is gone for awhile, Milton is now being depended on and that's just asking for trouble, Arroyo is in a slump and Harang is being overused.

It's scary ;)

lo ryder
08-13-2006, 04:16 AM
yea the li ard sucks

forfreelin04
08-13-2006, 07:23 AM
They get no respect because the Reds are winning with smoke and mirrors, and everyone can see that.

Now - i'm enjoying the season like no other, but right now they are being held together by chickenwire, duct tape and bubble gum.

The Reds have middle of the road starting pitching, a bullpen that went from awful to just midly bad, the defense may be the worst in baseball, and the one, huge advantage the team had, a monster offense, has been nocked down several levels to just medicore.

They are winning, and considering the last several years we should enjoy every minute of that along the way. God knows I am - this has been one of hte more enjoyable Reds seasons I've experienced in a while.

But sooner or later, magic fairy tales always come to an end. Whether we like it or not.

I ask you one question Mr. mcclain. Why not us? Ive enjoyed this season and been has dumbfounded as anyone as to how the Reds have gotten to this point. I agree with you that they are certainly not polished. But I will venture to say they were more polished BEFORE Krivsky got a hold of them. Before Wayne, the Reds had a great offense and bad pitching with some shoddy defense thrown in. Now we dont know what we are. But dammit one thing is for sure they play hard and never quit till the last out. They believe in themselves Mr. Mcclain. So ask you yet again Why not us?

RedlegJake
08-13-2006, 09:02 AM
The Reds remain in contention and will stay in contention til the end, imo. Why? Well for two reasons - first the NL sucks overall so that mediastes some of the Reds obvious holes - everyone else has similar holes. The Reds also have a mix of great in that bag of bad meaning that although the offense has slowed they still have players capable of great things that can lift them on a given night. Grif is tired but on a given night he can have a great game, as can Dunn, or BP, or Freel. Harang can dominate a team, and like Michalak last night there are pitchers on this staff who can surprise and guys who can have a great night. Someone does often enough to keep the Reds contending. Even the horrid defense gets boosted by a great play occasionally by Freel or BP or EE. Its part of the quirky nature of this years squad - all teams have these Jekyll and Hyde moments but these Reds have them all the time. Combined with a never die attitude, all the personnel moves watching K remake this team on the fly, competing all year and finally seeing some minor leaguers begin to dominate and turn heads - why this has been a fun, entertaining and hope filled summer. In between the cussing, throwing things at the TV set and drinking binges it has set off as well.

Newman4
08-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Manuel is lucky to have a job. Tracy Jones opinion is worth signifcantly more at this point.

MaineRed
08-13-2006, 09:44 AM
This thread would have 50 replys by now if that had been Jerry Narron saying that about the Phillies.

jmac
08-13-2006, 10:39 AM

did ya ever read about "happily ever after"?:thumbup: