PDA

View Full Version : Best Line Up All Season!

ITHIKABAND
08-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Thats all I've got to say...

Superdude
08-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I couldn't have said it better! Your utility guy should never be on pace to hit 25 homers. Free Rich Aurilia!

ITHIKABAND
08-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I couldn't have said it better! Your utility guy should never be on pace to hit 25 homers. Free Rich Aurilia!

Right on!

Redhook
08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Before the start of the game, I thought to myself, I really hope Aurilia looks like Ozzie Smith in the field and Hank Aaron at the plate today. Then, and only then, may we see this lineup once again.

So far, so good. :thumbup:

keeganbrick
08-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Yea, Rich has looked pretty solid at SS so far. That one ball that got by him in the 7th was a tough one. I say only Castro has a shot at making that play.

JTMONEY
08-13-2006, 06:20 PM
IMO castro has been hitting very solid since he came over from the twins and he can help us on defense( might be the best defender on the team)

WMR
08-13-2006, 07:11 PM
A shame we wasted well over a hundred games before we were able to come close to optimizing our line-up, and it's still not where it should be.

Jerry is a bad bad manager in charge of a team that is simply talented and clutch.

JTMONEY
08-13-2006, 07:14 PM
if we would have a manager like la russa, torre, or someone like that we would be the best or second best team in the national league, but with narron we are definetly not

redssouth
08-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Lets not get crazy... we have still had some starting pitching issues, and a bullpen that was putrid for half the season. I get the fact that people bemoan EE sitting for some time, but maybe he needed that spell on the bench to recharge. Your first full season in the bigs can be very tough mentally as well as physically. You simply cant put your best lineup out for 162 games and expect to remain sharp.

And what is this Joe Torre/Tony LaRussa crap??? Torre was brilliant when he managed the Braves before wasnt he?? And Torre... Please, he is Bob Boone with a payroll.

JTMONEY
08-13-2006, 07:20 PM
torre is alot better than narron i can tell u that and he would help us ALOT!!

redssouth
08-13-2006, 07:24 PM
How can you substantiate that? You cant. Torre has had the benefit of the largest payroll in baseball for over a decade. He doesnt manage!!! He fills in the lineup card. Nothing more, nothing less.

JTMONEY
08-13-2006, 07:32 PM
but i can say im impressed with narron today starting aurilia at shotstop which he hasnt done a lot this year an rich comes in and finishes a back-to-back-to-back homeruns if only he can just keep it that way for the rest of the season(unless he needs a break of course)

Newman4
08-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Junior was still the 3 spot though. Blah.