PDA

View Full Version : Paul Wilson shut down for the rest of the season.

redsfan4445
08-19-2006, 02:05 PM
per rotoworld. Paul Wilson is shut down for the rest of the season.. I forgot how much he makes, do the Reds collect on insurance on this? can they use it to go after somebody before the August 31st deadline to get somebody? Sanders? another starter?? just curious

Team Clark
08-19-2006, 02:17 PM
He has been on the DL longer than 60 days. Since they have shut him down they can file a claim. Not sure that it will help a great deal with 6 weeks to go. Typically you only recover 70-75% of the money owed to the player. I'm not an expert on this particular area. I've had minor dealings with it in the past.

reds44
08-19-2006, 02:19 PM
We are so screwed right now at the 5th starter spot.

Always Red
08-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Most probably, Paul Wilson is done with baseball. That's too bad. He seems like a very nice guy, had a decent run with the Reds, and was once a #1 draft pick (in fact, I believe he was the first pick of the first round, sometime in the early 90's), so he's seen the highs and the lows.

I'm sure he'll be back for spring training, but surely can't be counted on at this point.

Chip R
08-19-2006, 09:36 PM
He did not look too bad tonight for about 4 innings. Wait, I am confused. Piecoro kept saying Wilson was pitching tonight. ;)