PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Eddie

lo ryder
08-19-2006, 09:09 PM
There he goes off the mound with a 7 run lead. He did not look at all happy, I think this is a major concern. I bet Doc Hollywood's eyes are spinning like slots, he has hit the jackpot this year.

mth123
08-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I wonder who Krivsky trades for now. John Franco?

keeganbrick
08-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Seanez, one 40 year old for another.

mth123
08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Seanez, one 40 year old for another.

Very possible. I make Weathers the closer and activate Belisle myself.

Aronchis
08-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Chick's got his ERA down to 3.75 with a decent H/9, though his krate sucks balls.

jnwohio
08-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Chick's got his ERA down to 3.75 with a decent H/9, though his krate sucks balls.

Is this the Louisville closer (Scott Chiasson)? FSN ran some graphics Friday about him and talked about how good he has been as of late.

Maybe preparing us for the inevitable collapse of Everday Eddie??????

Ltlabner
08-19-2006, 10:11 PM
I just got back from the game. Eddie was torked when they took him out. Ross said during the star of the game that EDE was really wencing while pitching. He got the first two guys out but then something went wrong, IMO because he suddenly had issues.

JTMONEY
08-19-2006, 10:20 PM
narron makes the dumbest move by putting him in when we were up seven runs...because hes been having injuries..good job narron :thumbup:

knuckler
08-19-2006, 10:24 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out why Eddie Guardado was in this game. If his forearm is pinching him, he needs rest, not a mopup role. Somebody please explain to me what in the heck Narron could have been thinking.

Razor Shines
08-19-2006, 10:25 PM
narron makes the dumbest move by putting him in when we were up seven runs...because hes been having injuries..good job narron :thumbup:
He hasn't pitched since Sunday, he probably needed the work. I would rather find out he's injured when we're up seven than if we're up one.

Falls City Beer
08-19-2006, 10:34 PM
krate sucks balls.

:help:

91OSUAlum
08-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Razor has it right. Time to find out now if EDE is got it going or not. He does not. Time to put him on the DL and get him healthy. Time to go back to Weathers. He has pitched well and can handle the pressure better than Bray and Coffey.

Team Clark
08-20-2006, 12:05 AM
For the life of me I can't figure out why Eddie Guardado was in this game. If his forearm is pinching him, he needs rest, not a mopup role. Somebody please explain to me what in the heck Narron could have been thinking.

He needed and WANTED work. He asked to pitch. I too was curious and made a call. I only got to see a few innings on TV today. Once I saw that I had to know.:rolleyes:

WVRedsFan
08-20-2006, 12:29 AM
He needed and WANTED work. He asked to pitch. I too was curious and made a call. I only got to see a few innings on TV today. Once I saw that I had to know.:rolleyes:

Great information, as usual, TCII. I'll be interested on what the verdict is, if we get any information at all.

We needed Eddie. He was and is a real closer. A guy who really was a closer and who got excited when the deal was done. He fired up the team. We hadn't seen that since Jeff Brantley. I hope he makes it back, but I have a sneaking suspision that we've seen the last of him this year.

TOBTTReds
08-20-2006, 12:44 AM

So if Paul Wilson asks to pitch they will activate him? (That is rhetorical, nothing to do with you TC). But aren't we done letting our injured pitchers do what they want. We have had probably 5 guys pitch while hurt this year and Wilson last year. This has to stop. He needed to be on the DL a while ago.

cincrazy
08-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Guardado had a banged up knee and a partially torn rotator cuff when he came to us. I hate to say it, but the writing was on the wall before he threw an inning for us. Anyways, to solve this problem, I think we should bring back Jeff Shaw. After all, that would lower our average bullpen age by about a year ;) (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the sarcasm. I tried... but ultimately failed).

Jr's Boy
08-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Is this the Louisville closer (Scott Chiasson)? FSN ran some graphics Friday about him and talked about how good he has been as of late.

Maybe preparing us for the inevitable collapse of Everday Eddie??????

It would be nice to get a look at some of the young relief corps in AAA,rather than aquiring aging dinosaurs with health issues.

Jpup
08-20-2006, 05:15 AM
It sounds like Coffey time again. :cool:

Chip R
08-20-2006, 08:04 AM
You cannot kill Narron for bringing him in. It was just a matter of time. If it did not happen last night, it would have happened tomorrow or next week or 2 weeks from now.

Always Red
08-20-2006, 08:09 AM
You cannot kill Narron for bringing him in. It was just a matter of time. If it did not happen last night, it would have happened tomorrow or next week or 2 weeks from now.
I totally agree, Chip. They know his forearm could blow up and shut down at any time; I think that's why they signed SS last week.

Better to take this arm on a test flight with a 7 run lead than in the top of the ninth with bases loaded and no one out and a one run lead.

The MRI taken the other day showed the same as Majewski's- no damage of tissue, just inflammation and tendonitis. So, at least theoretically, that' a good thing and should respond to rest and strengthening. They need him now, and needed to see if he can pitch. Obviously, he can't right now.

Team Clark
08-20-2006, 05:24 PM
So if Paul Wilson asks to pitch they will activate him? (That is rhetorical, nothing to do with you TC). But aren't we done letting our injured pitchers do what they want. We have had probably 5 guys pitch while hurt this year and Wilson last year. This has to stop. He needed to be on the DL a while ago.

A slightly different situation, BUT you got my attention. Great Point! Does the tail wag the dog?

Team Clark
08-20-2006, 05:26 PM

You're right. Better to find out with a Huge lead then a 2-1 game with bases loaded and 1 out.