PDA

View Full Version : classic nationals loss

redsupport
08-23-2006, 01:19 AM
wagner losing and lopez erroring

kheidg-
08-23-2006, 01:32 AM
wagner losing and lopez erroring

You must not be a Lopez or Wagner fan, or never have been.

It wasn't Lopez's error that cost the game, it was Zimmerman's. Also, the error from Lopez was on a hit ruled an infield single that he had a throwing error on. I didn't see the play but take that as he made a good play but probably shouldn't have thrown it.

Also, in case you didn't notice Wagner is not a major league pitcher and never has been. 21 IP of good ball does not constitute a major league pitcher. Jim Bowden doesn't see this. He should be in AAA (or possibly even AA) right now not in the majors trying to work out his problems - but frankly, Bowden doesn't have many other options after trading most of his relievers.

Cedric
08-23-2006, 01:34 AM

It wasn't Lopez's error that cost the game, it was Zimmerman's. Also, the error from Lopez was on a hit ruled an infield single that he had a throwing error on. I didn't see the play but take that as he made a good play but probably shouldn't have thrown it.

Also, in case you didn't notice Wagner is not a major league pitcher and never has been. 21 IP of good ball does not constitute a major league pitcher. Jim Bowden doesn't see this. He should be in AAA (or possibly even AA) right now not in the majors trying to work out his problems - but frankly, Bowden doesn't have many other options after trading most of his relievers.

One play means everything in a baseball game. Who could really trust Felipe on any play in a crucial game? It was absolutely a must that he got moved out of the SS position.

REDREAD
08-23-2006, 03:20 AM

It wasn't Lopez's error that cost the game, it was Zimmerman's. .

There's always going to be a crowd that delights when a recently traded Red struggles. We've seen it happen from Dave Parker to the A's, both Boones, Neagle, Reggie Sanders and more.

Always Red
08-23-2006, 06:42 AM
In more positive news from the same game, it was nice to see Austin Kearns get off the mat a little bit and notch his 2nd HR as a Nat.

westofyou
08-23-2006, 10:37 AM
I didn't see the play but take that as he made a good play but probably shouldn't have thrown it.

I saw the whole inning, the Nats fell apart, bad defesne all around, Lopez should have put the ball in his pocket, he threw it to 2nd before the 2nd baseman got there, it scored the tieing run, the losing run was scored on Johnsons bad throw home.

There's always going to be a crowd that delights when a recently traded Red struggles.
Funny quote from a guy with this in his sig

"Philosophically, we believe that when you have a chance to trade a middle reliever for an everyday player, that's helpful," Bowden said. [after stealing Kearns and Lopez]

"O'Brien has done a good job this year" -- John Allen, once again proving he is totally clueless.

A little schadenfreude for everyone I guess.

BoomerSoonerRed
08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
In more positive news from the same game, it was nice to see Austin Kearns get off the mat a little bit and notch his 2nd HR as a Nat.
I'm pulling for Kearns to succeed, just not at our expense. Just like I pulled for Sean Casey to succeed after he was traded.

REDREAD
08-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Funny quote from a guy with this in his sig
A little schadenfreude for everyone I guess.

Believe me, I take no pleasure from the Nats trade. But I will remove that quote because it's a bit dated. I initially put it in there, because it was exactly right. It's pretty much unprecedented to trade 2 everyday players for 2 middle relievers.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't wake up every day hoping the Reds make a bad move.