PDA

View Full Version : Who are you most worried about?

TeamSelig
08-24-2006, 01:56 AM
In our wild card race....

guttle11
08-24-2006, 02:01 AM
SF. Not because I think they're going to win the race (I don't), but having to play them 7 times that soon scares me. A lot.

TeamSelig
08-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Yeah, but hopefully we win about 5 of 7, which would eliminate them from the race.

GridironGrace
08-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Padres by far.

Dodgers on gonna go on another roll soon.. hopefully after we get a few games against them.

The Phillies are gonna die off i think.. Players are gonna wear down from playing so much.. IMO.. and howard cant carry them much longer either.

Thier gonna tail off....

Padres Pitching are gonna keep them in the race.

Another team to keep a close eye on, alot have forgotten about them.. but those YOUNG Brewers, with thier strong ROTO.. could make a final surge... beware

REDREAD
08-24-2006, 04:05 AM
I'm glad we don't play the Brewers any more this year.

I picked the Phillies, simply because they are in a weak division. I don't know the rest of their schedule though. The Padres are certainly a threat as well.

redsmetz
08-24-2006, 05:29 AM
I'm surprised you didn't include the Dodgers. I know we've just got on series left with them, but they worry me a little bit.

cumberlandreds
08-24-2006, 07:47 AM
The Giants, because they are next on the schedule.

OesterPoster
08-24-2006, 08:24 AM
I'd say the Dodgers too, but I think they're going to end up running away with the West Division. I think between the Dbacks and Padres is who the Reds/Cards will end up fighting it out for the wild card.

TeamSelig
08-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Dodgers are winning the division, so I didn't include them

Always Red
08-24-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm not really worried about any of those teams at all.

I am worried about our bullpen. Outstanding effort by Michalak (who'd a thunk it?) wasted. I don't expect the bullpen to totally shut down the opposition, but sheesh, they need to at least keep us close.

I firmly believe that the Reds can only beat themsleves at this point.

BRM
08-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm not really worried about any of those teams at all.

I am worried about our bullpen. Outstanding effort by Michalak (who'd a thunk it?) wasted. I don't expect the bullpen to totally shut down the opposition, but sheesh, they need to at least keep us close.

I firmly believe that the Reds can only beat themsleves at this point.

I concur. The Reds pitching worries me more than any of the teams chasing them.

guttle11
08-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but hopefully we win about 5 of 7, which would eliminate them from the race.

It's not about them in the race, though. They're the team the Reds have to start the West Coast trip against. I'm scared to see how Narron deals with Bonds. Heck, if he puts the winning run on third to avoid Ryan Howard, he's liable to walk the winning run in to avoid Bonds.