PDA

View Full Version : Who would you make our 5th starter?

REDREAD
08-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Let's say we are limited to "in house" options.. You can pick anyone on the Reds roster or minors. If you vote, "other", state your pick in the thread.

Jpup
08-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Joe Mays.:mooner:

redsmetz
08-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Michalek, in my opinion, should be the first option, although I'm fine with it being a fluid position for the remainder of the year. I would make the 5th starter a short leash guy. I think Michalek comported himself well yesterday.

Highlifeman21
08-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Michalak is AAAA fodder at best.

I almost feel like we can just mail in the L whenever he's on the mound. Brings back fond memories of Dave Williams.

RedsManRick
08-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Personally I'd like to see Ramirez back up here as soon as possible. If he' still tipping, obviously it's not going to work -- or if he's just hit an innings wall. But if somebody is gonna get killed, I'd just as soon see him get good work in against major leaguers. I'm not convinced that anybody on that list will be any better.

dabvu2498
08-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Personally I'd like to see Ramirez back up here as soon as possible. If he' still tipping, obviously it's not going to work -- or if he's just hit an innings wall. But if somebody is gonna get killed, I'd just as soon see him get good work in against major leaguers. I'm not convinced that anybody on that list will be any better.
He's hurt. On Louisville's DL.