PDA

View Full Version : Harang = Consistent

EKURed
08-25-2006, 02:12 AM
I am by no means making any predictions about Friday night's game because I'm having way too much fun with this season to jinx anything by making rash predicitions. Anyway, I looked back at Harang's last 10 appearances dating back to July 8th. His ERA at that point was 3.70 and it is now 3.72. That covers a total of 56 innings with an ERA that basically hasn't changed. That is consistency and definitely the signs of a true ace IMO. Needless to say, I was impressed.

cincrazy
08-25-2006, 02:31 AM
Take away a few bad starts (namely, the opening day start vs. the cubbies) and Harang's overall numbers look a lot better. It's a shame that a bad few starts might keep him from getting more attention in the Cy Young voting.

Redhook
08-25-2006, 06:51 AM
IMO, Harang has improved more than any other Red's pitcher than I can remember in a 3-year span. It's impressive.

That being said, he better be on tonight because the offense will take a hit with Peppy LaPew being back in the lineup tonight. Hopefully, Clayton won't start too. We can't afford to give away 2-3 spots in the lineup anymore.