PDA

View Full Version : 1-9 on trip

redsupport
08-27-2006, 04:57 PM
griffey showing good hustle today

justincredible
08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Wow, the trip ended already? I must've dozed off for a week or so...

joshnky
08-27-2006, 05:42 PM
So the Redsupport user name, is that support for the color red because thats all that makes sense based on your post.

dman
08-27-2006, 06:26 PM
So the Redsupport user name, is that support for the color red because thats all that makes sense based on your post.
Red athletic support(er)

cincrazy
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, it's all Griffey's fault. He sucks. That ball that Bonds hit off the top of the wall in right, Griffey should have scaled the bricks like Spiderman and caught it. What a piece of garbage.

butlerbulldogs
08-27-2006, 07:48 PM
cincrazy, did you watch the game? he struck out in the first and didn't even try to run to first, when the ball passed the catcher and hit the backstop!

cincrazy
08-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Yeah I saw it, I wondered why he didn't run also, but I think it was a misunderstanding. I wasn't very happy with that, but then again I don't have screws holding my legs together either, so I'm not going to bash him too much. He also busted it from 1st to home the other night, running full speed all of the way, so it's not like he never hustles.

RedFanAlways1966
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
griffey showing good hustle today

TITLE = 1-9 on trip
POST = griffey showing good hustle today

<Let's try to figure out what the thread-starter is thinking with this valuable input and meaningful baseball discussion>

Griffey had a pitch that was strike 3 and the pitch got through the catcher. Griffey does not try to beat the throw to first and is putout. This one pitch and this single at-bat therefore means that the REDS will lose their next 6 games. One pitch... one at-bat... decides the outcome of the next 6 games. Is that what the poster meant? The information is limited and since I am not a mind-reader I can only think that this is what the poster means.

Are there a lot of people who use this line of thinking? If there are many like this, it makes me seriously consider a career change. Information like this makes me want to become a bookie. Whatcha think? This kind of rationale is being used by baseball fans? Sounds like a very profitable venture for me.

Not a great move by Junior. But cincrazy made some SENSE and used some LOGIC with his post. Perhaps he even thought about it before making his post... a good thing for all to do (but obviously not always done). Not good baseball, but something that Junior and the REDS management allow to avoid a season-ending injury.

Threads like this are nonsense and have no rationale behind them. Want to start a thread and talk about Griffey's 1 at-bat, no problem. Try to use more than one sentence... try to use information that seems as though it could have been typed by someone that is at least 12-years-old. It helps this place keep a half-way decent image.