PDA

View Full Version : Griffey's K

TOBTTReds
08-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Griffey struck out today in the 1st, and the ball rolled all the way to the back stop and Griffey didn't even jog towards first. He flipped his helmet and bat and walked towards first (slowely) while Alfonzo chased down the ball and threw him out.

If you were the manager, what is your punishment?

If you haven't seen it, you can see it on the giants website on the video highlights of Cain striking him out.
http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=sf

uks2h
08-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Good lord quit your hatin'. Check out Griffey's stats in August.

TOBTTReds
08-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Good lord quit your hatin'. Check out Griffey's stats in August.

I'm not hating against his results. I felt like today he threw up a white flag in the 1st inning.

Highlifeman21
08-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Man, I so wish Narron would grow a backbone and send a message to Griffey and the rest of the team as to what happens if/when you show such a blatant disregard and disrespect to the game as Griffey did today by not running on that passed ball strike 3.

Benching Griffey for a game would actually be a good thing for this team, as he's an offensive blackhole in the 3 slot, and a defensive liability in CF.

I'm so torn between Jr being Jr and the 1 game suspension....

TOBTTReds
08-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Man, I so wish Narron would grow a backbone and send a message to Griffey and the rest of the team as to what happens if/when you show such a blatant disregard and disrespect to the game as Griffey did today by not running on that passed ball strike 3.

Benching Griffey for a game would actually be a good thing for this team, as he's an offensive blackhole in the 3 slot, and a defensive liability in CF.

I'm so torn between Jr being Jr and the 1 game suspension....

He hasn't been a blackhole for a while now.

CTA513
08-28-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm not hating against his results. I felt like today he threw up a white flag in the 1st inning.

Giants announcers: "and that gets away and Griffey is not going to run"

He should have atleast jogged down to first. Him watching the ball roll to the back stop and not even attempting to run to first doesnt set a good example for the younger players on the team.

Highlifeman21
08-28-2006, 12:59 AM
He hasn't been a blackhole for a while now.

Including his August stats, for the year he's sporting a .320/.494 line. .814 isn't what I expect out of our starting future HOF CF.

Thankfully, his SLG is somewhat offsetting the most horrendous OBP since his rookie year.

The other alarming trend is that his K:BB ratio is going the wrong way away from his career average.....

TOBTTReds
08-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Including his August stats, for the year he's sporting a .320/.494 line. .814 isn't what I expect out of our starting future HOF CF.

Thankfully, his SLG is somewhat offsetting the most horrendous OBP since his rookie year.

The other alarming trend is that his K:BB ratio is going the wrong way away from his career average.....

I know this, by saying, "a while" I meant like the last 20 games he hasn't been a black hole

Razor Shines
08-28-2006, 01:10 AM

On July 26th his OBP was .288. Just for August his line is .394/ .505. He's coming around I hope.

Highlifeman21
08-28-2006, 01:17 AM
On July 26th his OBP was .288. Just for August his line is .394/ .505. He's coming around I hope.

We can all hope. This year as a whole, there's been no justification for him to bat 3rd. This year he has been an offensive blackhole, and can anyone really refute that he does anything but hurt us defensively?

Razor Shines
08-28-2006, 01:26 AM
I know this, by saying, "a while" I meant like the last 20 games he hasn't been a black hole
Actually it's more like 30, which I agree would classify as "a while".

RedFanAlways1966
08-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Nothing should happen to him. This organization allows Junior to not hustle when it seems like an out is gong to be made. This has been the way for the last two seasons... not something that just happened in the 1st inning yesterday.

* Also consider that the man was 28.9% (2 of the 7 total hits) of the offense yesterday.
* Also consider that no one on the REDS got a basehit after that strikeout until leadoff hitter Ryan Freel singled w/ 2 outs in the 3rd inning. So did it cost the REDS a run(s) or just cost them a bit of pride?

There will be those who blow this way-way-way out of proportion. And then there will be some who see that the play really meant nothing except the REDS are willing to allow this to ensure the man does not go down running while making outs. Really... it is not a big deal.

osuceltic
08-28-2006, 09:07 AM
It's inexcusable. This organization just continues to enable him. That was an embarassment for anyone who wears that Reds uniform.

flyer85
08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Roy Tucker
08-28-2006, 09:40 AM
I came off the couch and yelled at the TV. Which I never do any more. I found it inexcusable. But I seriously doubt anything will come of it.

The sad part is, with the attitude of curent MLB players, I don't think its a big deal. So any fining, warning, etc. would be lost on them.

But Jr. hasn't run out a ground ball hard in years. I grit my teeth every time he does it. I understand all the leg problems and blah blah, but I don't think running hard is that hard to do.

But then, I'm a fossil and there are a lot of things ballplayers do now that are accepted that would have gotten them challenged to a fistfight in the dugout in years past. So I just shrug my shoulders and say "the game has changed, let it go Roy".

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I came off the couch and yelled at the TV. Which I never do any more. I found it inexcusable. But I seriously doubt anything will come of it.

The sad part is, with the attitude of curent MLB players, I don't think its a big deal. So any fining, warning, etc. would be lost on them.

But Jr. hasn't run out a ground ball hard in years. I grit my teeth every time he does it. I understand all the leg problems and blah blah, but I don't think running hard is that hard to do.

But then, I'm a fossil and there are a lot of things ballplayers do now that are accepted that would have gotten them challenged to a fistfight in the dugout in years past. So I just shrug my shoulders and say "the game has changed, let it go Roy".

It looked to me as if he thought he made contact, and was upset at the call by the umpire.

Hap
08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
I hate to bring up what-ifs and could-have-beens, but............

If Peter Edward Rose had been able to clean up his act and had never been banned, he would still be the manager of the Reds. If he were still the manager of the Reds, he would have immediately pulled Griffey from the game and benched him.

westofyou
08-28-2006, 10:01 AM

If Peter Edward Rose had been able to clean up his act and had never been banned, he would still be the manager of the Reds. If he were still the manager of the Reds, he would have immediately pulled Griffey from the game and benched him.
Nah he wouldn't Pete has too much respect for the star player to play that stuff out in public.

BTW Roger Maris invented the non-run and in retrospect he's been upgraded to a "gamer' by the same press that kicked him for starting the trend.

forfreelin04
08-28-2006, 10:17 AM
I woulda benched him immediately. No player should be treated differently then any other player. Century Team or No Century Team. Matt Belisle was pulled after throwing a ball to his last batter in the previous game. Jerry seems to have the cajones to pull a guy who had the same or less success then he did in the Major Leagues. Jerry might have to find another cliche then "playing the game the right way" pretty soon.

Cicero
08-28-2006, 10:50 AM
He should have run it out, but I do not think it is as big a deal as some are making it. Consider it a symptom of this team's woes.

cumberlandreds
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
That was very unprofessional of Griffey not to at least jog that out. Narron should say the same to him. To be quite honest I lost some respect for Griffey for that action. I can't think of any excuse for not at least trying to jog it out. If his legs are in that bad of shape that he is afraid to run out something like that then it's time to retire,IMO.

flyer85
08-28-2006, 11:05 AM

If Peter Edward Rose had been able to clean up his act and had never been banned, he would still be the manager of the Reds. If he were still the manager of the Reds, he would have immediately pulled Griffey from the game and benched him.not if he had money on the Reds. :D

Chip R
08-28-2006, 11:12 AM
How bout we work up a "Number 6" on him?

cincrazy
08-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Did any of you see Griffey in the early 90's when he ran into the wall at the Kingdome full speed, caught the ball, and broke his wrist? Or how about the game in 2003 I believe it was, in GABP against the Cubs, when he laid out in centerfield and ripped his shoulder to shreds trying to catch a flyball. Or how about in 2001 when he ripped his hamstring to shreds rounding 3rd hard heading for home. I'd rather have Griffey not running hard to first on a meaingless strike three than running hard and blowing out one of his hamstrings. I understand why a lot of you are upset, and I agree, he should have at least jogged. But the man does not "dog" it on the baseball field, I just will not believe that.

UK Reds Fan
08-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Did any of you see Griffey in the early 90's when he ran into the wall at the Kingdome full speed, caught the ball, and broke his wrist? Or how about the game in 2003 I believe it was, in GABP against the Cubs, when he laid out in centerfield and ripped his shoulder to shreds trying to catch a flyball. Or how about in 2001 when he ripped his hamstring to shreds rounding 3rd hard heading for home. I'd rather have Griffey not running hard to first on a meaingless strike three than running hard and blowing out one of his hamstrings. I understand why a lot of you are upset, and I agree, he should have at least jogged. But the man does not "dog" it on the baseball field, I just will not believe that.

How about that one time Dante Bichette ran full speed for a flyball, or how about that one time at band camp.....:devil:

How can you not believe he is "dogging it" when Griff rarely runs out anything on groundouts, doesn't run aggresively thru the base on singles, etc... What more do you need to see to believe it?

westofyou
08-28-2006, 11:27 AM
What more do you need to see to believe it?

His name on the DL?

cincrazy
08-28-2006, 11:30 AM
I see a Hall of Famer on his last legs doing everything he can to preserve his last few years in the majors. THAT'S all that I need to see my friend.

cumberlandreds
08-28-2006, 11:50 AM
I see a Hall of Famer on his last legs doing everything he can to preserve his last few years in the majors. THAT'S all that I need to see my friend.

I see the same thing but like I said if he is that afraid of getting hurt he should retire. IMO you can't play effectively if you are afraid of getting injured.

osuceltic
08-28-2006, 11:53 AM
It's funny how that hammy holds together on those fly balls to the gap.

There was no excuse for not running on that third strike. None.

goreds2
08-28-2006, 11:55 AM
It's inexcusable. This organization just continues to enable him. That was an embarassment for anyone who wears that Reds uniform.

I agree 100%.

If I am sitting on the Reds bench (don't I wish), I am totally embarrassed for the Team and Bob C.

lawnboy33
08-28-2006, 11:59 AM
How can you defend Jr???? I really don't care if he gets hurt . We are in a pennant race! This is when teams turn it up. Dunn has to go and so does Jr. There lack of effort and poor defense are killing this team! Their offense doesn't make up for their poor defense!! Freel ... Now thats how you have to play in a pennant race! He hustles treating every game like its the world series, If everyone on the team played like that we would be 10 games up by now but we arent are we!! Narron get some balls!!! Griffey just showed how he doesn't care about the TEAM and only himself!! Trust me Dunn isn't hitting any better than a healthy Deno would Grrrr I get so pissed at people defending this old , worthless, selfish player...

westofyou
08-28-2006, 12:00 PM
I really don't care if he gets hurt . We are in a pennant race!
Logic abounds!!!

cincrazy
08-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Now see, it's posts like that that get under my skin. Griffey is not above criticism, I have no problem with people calling him out if he makes a mistake. But downright trashing the guy is just wrong. People that do that are bitter because his time here in Cincy hasn't worked out. Am I upset over that? Of course. But it's NOT his fault, so get off of it. Griffey thought he fouled the ball off. And even if he didn't think that, I hardly think him sprinting to first base to try and beat out a strike three is the difference between this team winning and losing. He would have been thrown out anyways, so what's the point in running! I understand the frustration of a lot of you, but the "I don't care if he gets hurt, I hate him!" arguments are getting old. It's one thing to make an argument, as many on here do, but it's another thing to sound like a ticked off middle schooler using language that shouldn't be anywhere on this board.

UK Reds Fan
08-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Then at some point, you'll never see anything wrong from Griffey.

Giving excuses for not running out grounders, sprinting for flyballs, etc..is to just save his legs for a few more years.

How about his (and Dunn's) utter refusal to shorten up the strokes, especially with 2 strikes, and try to go the other way with the ball instead of stubbornly trying to hit the ball thru the extreme shifts? I'd tend to call that rather selfish to not try to sacfrice some power to start generating some OBP while extending the defense a bit more.

cincrazy
08-28-2006, 12:18 PM
That's not true. I've busted Griffey's chops before, and I'll do it again when the time calls. And as far as shortening up the stroke, I agree completely on that. I'm not going to argue that. Griffey and Dunn are the two guys who SHOULD be carrying us, but the gritty guys like Freel and Hatteberg are the only reason we're still in this race. Griffey has been playing better in August, but not up to his standards, and I'd rather not even talk about Dunn right now, haha.

TOBTTReds
08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Griffey thought he fouled the ball off. And even if he didn't think that, I hardly think him sprinting to first base to try and beat out a strike three is the difference between this team winning and losing. He would have been thrown out anyways, so what's the point in running!

Personally, I've never seen a guy foul off a 2-strike pitch with a swing, then toss their bat and helmet to the dugout and walk away. Maybe in some softball leagues that is an out.

Also, I don't know if I've ever seen someone get thrown out on a drop 3-k when the ball goes all the way to the backstop.

3rd, all I wanted was a jog, not a complete giveup.

westofyou
08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
but the gritty guys like Freel and Hatteberg are the only reason we're still in this race.

19 win shares for Dunn says you're off a bit, 8 for Griffey and 13 and 11 for Hatteberg and Freel say you're on to part of the reason.

pedro
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
19 win shares for Dunn says you're off a bit, 8 for Griffey and 13 and 11 for Hatteberg and Freel say you're on to part of the reason.

All I need to know about Bill James is that he has two first names. I mean, what's up with that? Plus he wrote moneyball and we know that's a bunch on new jack bunk.

cincrazy
08-28-2006, 12:41 PM
I already stated in a previous post that I would have at least liked to see Griffey jog down to first. I just think people are making too big of a deal out of it. If we had won the game, and people weren't thinking our season was going down the tubes, then it would hardly be an issue.

flyer85
08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
All I need to know about Bill James is that he has two first names. ... Plus he wrote moneyball :doh:I guess you didn't read that one.

Razor Shines
08-28-2006, 12:46 PM
How can you defend Jr???? I really don't care if he gets hurt . We are in a pennant race! This is when teams turn it up. Dunn has to go and so does Jr. There lack of effort and poor defense are killing this team! Their offense doesn't make up for their poor defense!! Freel ... Now thats how you have to play in a pennant race! He hustles treating every game like its the world series, If everyone on the team played like that we would be 10 games up by now but we arent are we!! Narron get some balls!!! Griffey just showed how he doesn't care about the TEAM and only himself!! Trust me Dunn isn't hitting any better than a healthy Deno would Grrrr I get so pissed at people defending this old , worthless, selfish player...
You'd rather have 3 Freels in the lineup than Jr. or Dunn? Deno would hit better than Dunn? As good of a season as Deno's having in AAA it's still not better than the season Dunn is having in the MLB.

Freel ... Now thats how you have to play in a pennant race! He hustles treating every game like its the world series, If everyone on the team played like that we would be 10 games up by now but we arent are we!!

Really? Here are his numbers during August (the height of the pennant race so far) .223/.330/.277 if everyone on the team produced like that I'm not sure we'd be within 10 games of the playoffs let alone 10 games up. Here are the "worthless, selfish player's" numbers during August: .305/.394/.505. I love Freel's hustle and defense as much as anyone but well I think the numbers prove my point.

I also agree with those who think Jr. thought he fouled it off, I thought he fouled it off, and by the time he realized the ump called strike three the catcher was almost on the ball. If he could have gotten on base it would have been great but I don't think it means he's worthless and selfish.

Razor Shines
08-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Personally, I've never seen a guy foul off a 2-strike pitch with a swing, then toss their bat and helmet to the dugout and walk away. Maybe in some softball leagues that is an out.

Also, I don't know if I've ever seen someone get thrown out on a drop 3-k when the ball goes all the way to the backstop.

3rd, all I wanted was a jog, not a complete giveup.
Maybe you're right about the not fouling it off part, but SF's backstop looks very short and the ball bounced back toward the catcher. I think Ichiro may have had a shot to beat it out to first but not Jr. And if he did know that he missed it yeah I would have also liked to see him jog it out.

dman
08-28-2006, 12:53 PM
A public flogging of Griffey by Ryan Freel.

westofyou
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Maybe you're right about the not fouling it off part, but SF's backstop looks very short and the ball bounced back toward the catcher. I think Ichiro may have had a shot to beat it out to first but not Jr. And if he did know that he missed it yeah I would have also liked to see him jog it out.
48 feet, perhaps the shortest in the NL, I checked and aside from Citzens and New Busch (which weren't listed) AT&T is the shortest.

pedro
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
:doh:I guess you didn't read that one.

what do you know? You're avatar is wearing a funny hat. he can't be trusted! ;)

Razor Shines
08-28-2006, 01:00 PM
48 feet, perhaps the shortest in the NL, I checked and aside from Citzens and New Busch (which weren't listed) AT&T is the shortest.
Thanks. I was in the process of looking it up. I had a feeling it had to be near the shortest. It looked awfully close on TV.

flyer85
08-28-2006, 01:00 PM
what do you know? You're avatar is wearing a funny hat. he can't be trusted! ;)I do know that Michael Lewis wrote Moneyball. :D

Razor Shines
08-28-2006, 01:03 PM
I do know that Michael Lewis wrote Moneyball. :D
Still one of my favorite IU basketball players of all time. I can't believe he even knows anything about baseball, that book must be worthless.

dabvu2498
08-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I do know that Michael Lewis wrote Moneyball. :D
And he's married to ex-MTV veejay Tabitha Soren. I know because I read the liner notes and acknowledgements.

flyer85
08-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I can't believe he even knows anything about baseball,he doesn't :p:, but he is an excellent writer. Another book of his, "Losers", might be right up your alley.

Razor Shines
08-28-2006, 01:15 PM
he doesn't :p:, but he is an excellent writer. Another book of his, "Losers", might be right up your alley.
Wow way to start right in with the personal attacks. I was just kidding with you. It's not the same Michael Lewis, I just thought it would be funny to any IU fans on the board. Apparently it wasn't funny and you think I'm a loser.

flyer85
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow way to start right in with the personal attacks. I was just kidding with you. It's not the same Michael Lewis, I just thought it would be funny to any IU fans on the board. Apparently it wasn't funny and you think I'm a loser.and I was just kidding with you. :laugh: You made your funny with "Lewis the fiery IU PG" and I did with "Lewis the writer" who actually wrote a book titled "Losers".

"Losers" is an excellent read and one of the more entertaining political books I have ever read.

pedro
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
You cant write if you cant relate
Trade the cash for the beef for the body for the hate
And my time is a piece of wax fallin on a termite
Thats chokin on the splinters

I'm a loser baby.

TOBTTReds
08-28-2006, 01:46 PM

Good points, but just for the record it settles against the wall. :devil:

lawnboy33
08-28-2006, 02:52 PM
So what if Freel hasn't hit the ball that well? He has saved so many runs by hustling that I have lost count. Both Jr and Dunn has cost us well at least 12 runs in the last month that I can count off of the top of my head!! Im just saying just because his name is JR doesn't mean he is "jr" anymore. He cant run, field, and hits 250. Im sorry most outfielders in the majors could give us those stats and probally actually field better.. He shows no emotions and to me it seems he just doesn't care anymore. I will sacrifice a 40 hr hitter who can't field(Dunn) for an average 280-290 batter who has speed and can field the ball anyday. IMO we are wasting too much money on a few home runs when we could be investing it in pitching and making a run!! Let the bashing begin!!

Highlifeman21
08-28-2006, 03:04 PM

I was at that game. He had NO business diving for that ball. I remember him saying after the play that he felt he had to prove himself to the fans and show effort, since he had already been branded since 2001 with the prone injury tag. He wasn't even close to catching the ball, and did tear up his shoulder.

I realize Griffey's body isn't what it used to be, but he's getting paid to do a job, and not running out that strike 3 was being delinquent to his job description.

I remember when the Reds were in town here in Philly, I went to the first two games, and between EVERY inning, Griffey was the last guy to get into the dugout, a couple times the entire Phillies team had already taken the field and he still wasn't back to the dugout. Pathetic.

RedFanAlways1966
08-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Strange.... since the REDS could not hit their way out of a wet paperbag yesterday (1st hit was w/ 2 outs in the 3rd inning), it seems as though this whole thing is a pride thing. Junior should be punished over pride. It seems quite obvious that even if Junior makes it to 1st he would not have scored. It is all about pride.

pride (prd)
n.
(1) A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.
(2) Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.

Where has all this pride been during the last few years when Junior has done the exact same thing? Why do we all of sudden become so proud when the play amounted to nothing in the scheme of things? Yes, it meant nothing in that game. You can act like it did mean something, but it didn't as far as winning yesterday. Hey, it does not look good. It is not the way baseball s/b played... if you have healthy hammys and knees). Some of us act like we understand the man's injury history in the last 5 years. Some act like they know nothing of the injuries and they all of a sudden become proud. Proud of the beloved REDS b/c of a strikeout that was not run out by their CF. Strange...

RadfordVA
08-28-2006, 03:31 PM
He shows no emotions and to me it seems he just doesn't care anymore.

Is it me or does Griffey show as much emotion as anyone in the reds clubhouse. They show the dugout all the time with Griffey in the dugout smiling and cracking up with the guys. I think this reds team is having as much fun as any team I have seen in awhile, and Jr. is a big part of it. It seems he has came up with a different handshake with everyone on the team for when they do something good. Ive only watched every game except two this year, I guess I missed his lack of emotion in those two games. You can criticize his play if you wish but his heart and emotion is a reach IMO.

CTA513
08-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Strange.... since the REDS could not hit their way out of a wet paperbag yesterday (1st hit was w/ 2 outs in the 3rd inning), it seems as though this whole thing is a pride thing. Junior should be punished over pride. It seems quite obvious that even if Junior makes it to 1st he would not have scored. It is all about pride.

pride (prd)
n.
(1) A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.
(2) Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.

Where has all this pride been during the last few years when Junior has done the exact same thing? Why do we all of sudden become so proud when the play amounted to nothing in the scheme of things? Yes, it meant nothing in that game. You can act like it did mean something, but it didn't as far as winning yesterday. Hey, it does not look good. It is not the way baseball s/b played... if you have healthy hammys and knees). Some of us act like we understand the man's injury history in the last 5 years. Some act like they know nothing of the injuries and they all of a sudden become proud. Proud of the beloved REDS b/c of a strikeout that was not run out by their CF. Strange...

When one of the younger players on the team do what they saw the veteran player do, then the younger player better not get punished over it.

registerthis
08-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Logic abounds!!!

The "we've got to destroy the village to save it" mentality, apparently.

Edit: hey, post #4,000. Imagine how much more productive I'd be at work were there no RedsZone...

MaineRed
08-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Did anyone see Griffey score those two runs on Thursday night against the Giants?

On one of them, he rounded third and knew it was going to be a close play and you could see him kick it into another gear. These days it is a gear he saves for key moments, not for running out plays that he will be out on 99.9% of the time. What is the point? His teamates know he is not loafing and I'm sure Narron would tell any complainers that if they go out and put together a HOF career, they'll get away with some things when they are 36.

It would be nice if he still played like Freel but he doesn't. He is older and he has been hurt a lot.

I saw all I needed to see out of Griff on Thursday night. When it really matters, he goes into high gear but he is not going to tear up his hamstring while he gets thrown out at first. At least he is going to try not to. I for one can't blame him for that. If he was trying to score from second on a single and was jogging the entire way, I'd have something to say.

Many loved Sean Casey because he never quit on a play. But on 99.9% of those plays, because of his speed, he had no chance to beat them out. Give him a couple of hamstring surgeries and see if he still goes all out trying to beat out a play he has little to no chance to beat.

cincrazy
08-28-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry, but if any of our young players are really that impressioable, then they don't belong in the big leagues quite yet.

cincrazy
08-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I guess I should spell impressionable correct huh :D

westofyou
08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Let the bashing begin!!

It already did.

BTW the Reds best month was April, guess who led the team in Runs scored and RBI's that month?

Ltlabner
08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
It already did.

BTW the Reds best month was April, guess who led the team in Runs scored and RBI's that month?

Rich Aurila ? :evil:

Crosley68
08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
All of this, he has done this for us and he has done that for us, does not excuse the act. You don't build up "loafing" points to cash in when you want.

MaineRed
08-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Tell that to Red Auerbach.

Bill Russell didnn't have to practice. When others would whine, Red would tell them to get as good as Russ and they wouldn't have to practice either.

Crosley68
08-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Practice is one thing.....this was in a game that counts.

Jpup
08-29-2006, 03:49 AM
I would call him in the office and ask him to make sure it didn't happen again. I agree that's it's not a huge deal, this time, but it wouldn't happen again or I would fine or suspend him. Whether he wants to be or not, Jr. is the leader of the ballclub, he should act like it.

I actually don't think Jr. realized the ball got that far away, but who knows?

Razor Shines
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Well it looks like it's a 1 game suspension. So who's going to give Jr. a call and tell him?