PDA

View Full Version : MNF: The Return of Carson Palmer

WMR
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Is everyone else as nervous as I am???? :eek:

Hoosier Red
08-28-2006, 06:05 PM
If you're not scared, you haven't followed Cincinnati sports for the last 35 years.

WMR
08-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Carson looks awesome.

Matt700wlw
08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
He looks like nothing ever happened to him.

He runs a ball down field, he stands in the pocket and throws accurate passes....he gets HIT, and then drives the Bengals down for a score.

I have no complaints.

WMR
Call me crazy, but I'm liking this new MNF crew in the booth.

Kornheiser with Theisman is A LOT better than Theisman and that dude that he used to bicker with every 5 seconds.

pedro
I'm impressed.

and happy.

Gizmo
08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
so far so great!

Falls City Beer
08-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Modern medicine rules. :beerme:

redsfan30
08-28-2006, 08:54 PM
I couldn't have made up a better plan for his comeback.

VERY encouraging!!!

guttle11
08-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Houshmanzoli!

redsfan30
08-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Palmer took another hit, got right back up, then promptly throws a TD pass to Houshyamomma.......WHO DEY!!!!!

Matt700wlw
08-28-2006, 09:08 PM
He hasn't missed a beat!

redsfan30
08-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I think the next hurdle becomes tomorrow morning.

If Palmer is back and ready to go....this team will make the playoffs...even with that brutual schedule.

WMR
08-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Bengals D looks improved.

RedsBaron
08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Wow! Very impressive. I wish this game counted in the regular season.

Matt700wlw
08-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Another TD!!

Dom Heffner
08-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I think I am just going to go bawl like a baby.

Whew. He's back.

redsfan30
08-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Words cannot describe this game for Carson Palmer.

Welcome back, buddy!

And how 'bout that D?

RedFanAlways1966
08-28-2006, 09:20 PM
WHODEY! Welcome back, Carson. WELCOME BACK! :thumbup:

Playadlc
08-28-2006, 09:24 PM
What is going unnoticed about this game is how awesome the Bengals defense has been.

They are absolutely manhanding the Packers in every aspect of this game.

31-0 in the first half?

Good Lord.

Matt700wlw
08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Carson Palmer has me in complete amazement.

I never expected him to look this good this soon after the hell he went through.

Be afraid, Steelers...be very afraid

Matt700wlw
08-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Palmer's final line:

9 for 14, 140 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, QB rating: 136.9

max venable
08-28-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm with Dom...I want to cry I'm so happy :D

It worked out great with getting to play the Pack tonight. Good opponent for Carson's first game back...don't forget...this is a BAD team. Be glad for Carson and the O but don't get too excited about the D...this is NOT a good offense they're facing.

Who Dey!

WMR
08-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Is this going to be another nightmare season for Brett Favre?

Will he be remembered for staying 2-3 seasons too long?

WMR
08-28-2006, 09:56 PM
You couldn't have scripted a better return for Carson.

Did he really tear his knee ligaments against Pittsburgh seven months ago?
The harsh memories say yes, but the images of Carson on t.v. tonight tell a different story. What a miraculous rehabilitation from a horrific injury.

who dey

TeamBoone
08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Oh my gosh! Am I proud of Carson Palmer.... Who Dey!

I was hopeful, but really nervous about tonight; he had to be apprehensive even though he never showed it.

He looked great! :thumbup:

TeamBoone
08-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm liking this new MNF crew in the booth.

Kornheiser with Theisman is A LOT better than Theisman and that dude that he used to bicker with every 5 seconds.

I've enjoyed these guys too. So many people were saying this combo would be awful and they can't stand Theisman. I'm liking 'em.

And I must admit, I like Theisman. I'll never forget that fateful day he was injured; it still pains me to even think about it because it was so gruesome. I think he stole a little itty bitty piece of my heart that day (Griffey owns a bigger piece, and Adam has the rest).

Reds Fanatic
08-29-2006, 01:16 AM
I just got back from the game what a great return by Carson.

I swear if you didn't know about the injury you would have no idea he had ever been hurt the way he played tonight.

Johnny Footstool
08-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Man, do you think those Bengals fans at the stadium were kind of enjoying the game? A little, maybe?

WrongVerb
08-29-2006, 09:10 AM
What is going unnoticed about this game is how awesome the Bengals defense has been.

They are absolutely manhanding the Packers in every aspect of this game.

31-0 in the first half?

Good Lord.

The Bengals have dominated each game so far in the first half which is a GREAT sign. It means their first teamers are out playing the other team's first-teamers.

This Bengals team is SCARY good. The question isn't whether they'll end up in the Super Bowl the question is whether they'll lose a game this season.

Hoosier Red
08-29-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure I could have been happier to be wrong.
That was fantastic.

Falls City Beer
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
As I said, Wayne has a buttload of ground to cover if he wants to catch the hearts of the fans of Cincinnati. Best I can tell, Marvin Lewis has the monopoly.

(Though letting Homer come up and win 5 straight starts to put the Reds in the playoffs for the first time in 11 years couldn't hurt.)

BuckWoody
08-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm not ready to clear a place for the Lombardi just yet. It was pre-season and the Packers look like an awful awful football team. BUT, that was a very impressive performance from the entire team.

Carson looked to be in midseason form and his timing with the receivers was spot-on. That little scramble he had where TJ broke off his route and went upfield for a sweet little touch pass from Carson was a thing of beauty...I think that was against Woodson too. Not a lot of balls thrown Chad's way, though. That certainly will change on September 10.

The defense looks to be very much improved. In my estimation, the D doesn't have to be great for this team to succeed, just good. If the offense can click and put points on the board early the defense is put in a great position with the other team having to play from behind.

Other than one muffed kick-off, I thought Shayne Graham looked awesome. If he's not the best kicker in the league he's close...top five, no doubt.

Another observation from the game with a RedsZone slant. I think it was in the third quarter that they put a nice promo on the big screens about the Reds being in a pennant race and that they are coming home on September 4 urging everyone to come to the park and support the Reds. It ended with the Reds and Bengals logos and "Whodey!" and "Go Reds!" displayed. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. :thumbup:

Reds Fanatic
08-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Another observation from the game with a RedsZone slant. I think it was in the third quarter that they put a nice promo on the big screens about the Reds being in a pennant race and that they are coming home on September 4 urging everyone to come to the park and support the Reds. It ended with the Reds and Bengals logos and "Whodey!" and "Go Reds!" displayed. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. :thumbup:
I thought that was great to see last night. For a lot of years the teams really never acknowledged each other. It seems like this year the support is starting to show between the 2 teams. Earlier this summer Marvin took the entire team to GABP to take batting practice and visit the Reds. It was great to see the Bengals wish the Reds luck and encourage people to come to the next home stand.

OldRightHander
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I thought that was great to see last night. For a lot of years the teams really never acknowledged each other. It seems like this year the support is starting to show between the 2 teams. Earlier this summer Marvin took the entire team to GABP to take batting practice and visit the Reds. It was great to see the Bengals wish the Reds luck and encourage people to come to the next home stand.

Marty even had good things to say about the Bengals, particularly Carson, during last night's Reds broadcast. That's coming a long way for him, I would imagine.

BuckWoody
08-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Marty even had good things to say about the Bengals, particularly Carson, during last night's Reds broadcast. That's coming a long way for him, I would imagine.
I recall once while listening to Marty & Joe when they received a complaint from a Browns fan the day before an early season Bengals-Browns game saying that they (Marty & Joe) had a decided Bengals slant and that there were a lot of Browns fans that were Reds fans as well. The guy took offense to this. Marty "apologized" and acknowledged the fact that there were a lot of Browns fans who were also Reds fans and followed it up by saying something to the effect that he hoped the Bengals kicked the Browns' tails the next day. Joe quickly agreed. Good times. :thumbup:

redsfan30
08-29-2006, 02:57 PM
The Enquirer has a picture of GABP with the lights on during the game last night.

The scoreboard had Bengals logos on it and said "Who Dey!"

Great to see.

BuckWoody
08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
The Enquirer has a picture of GABP with the lights on during the game last night.

Great to see.
That is fabulous! Great to see the teams support each other for a change. I remember the Monday night game a few years back with Denver. Uncle Carl refused to turn the lights on at the GABP.

OldRightHander
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM

Great to see.

I was driving through downtown last night around 8 and was wondering why GABP was all lit up. Now I know. That's great.

Matt700wlw
08-29-2006, 08:31 PM
This type of acknowledgement was to expensive for Carl Lindner. Rember the Monday Night game last vs the Broncos?

GABP looked like a hole in the ground in the Blimp cam, and the Reds explanation that they didn't want to fork out the money to keep the lights on.

It's good to see a unity between the two franchises in the city. It's not competition, and it really shouldn't be. Both franchise's can be and should be good for this city.

There's always a debate if this is a baseball town or a football town....why can't it be both?

traderumor
08-29-2006, 08:46 PM
It can indeed be both, esp. since the seasons only overlap for 4-6 weeks and football is one game per week. Just like football and basketball can and has coexisted at Ohio State.

Falls City Beer
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
There's always a debate if this is a baseball town or a football town....why can't it be both?

It can, but right now it's squarely a football town.

Matt700wlw
08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
It can, but right now it's squarely a football town.

I won't disagree with that...the Bengals have earned it.

The Reds seem to be heading in the right direction, but still have quite a bit to prove.