PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any suggestions for something good to break?

GOREDSGO32
08-30-2006, 03:14 AM
:angry: :bang: :angry: :bang: I'm too mad to even sleep now. We play 6 innings of extra inning baseball, and Franklin, coming off of a terrible game last night gives up the game on his FIRST freaking pitch!

In a road trip that most everyone would say would decide the season one way or another, we lose 5 in a row, 1-5, now lost the Wild Card lead. Can it get any worse, really? :angry: :bang: :bang: :angry: :angry:

GOREDSGO32
08-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Here's some salt on the wound too, the guy who hit the game winner had 1 HR in 164 AB's.

ThatPitchIsDunn
08-30-2006, 03:19 AM
If you have an old boombox/radio that barely works anymore, that works really well. It's an Office Space-type soothing to get out some of your aggression.

Just terrible. Didn't they have a team meeting the last time to get them out of a funk? How about we do that again and go remind Maddux why his ERA was over 4 in Chicago?

CTA513
08-30-2006, 03:25 AM
Here's some salt on the wound too, the guy who hit the game winner had 1 HR in 164 AB's.

I think most hitters in the majors could have probably hit that ball out.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-30-2006, 03:26 AM
It could ALWAYS get worse. But here's to hoping that it doesn't.

It really seems to be one thing or another right now. We're either getting offense and no pitching or pitching and no offense. We need to find a nice middle ground. BUT! The season is NOT over yet. It's a bad slide during a big stretch, but the season isn't done.

The series against San Diego will be huge. If we win a couple games there to take back the WC lead and then play solid ball till the end of the season we could still have a good shot at it. I'm not ready to mail it in with this team yet and with good reason... they've shown time and time again that they don't give up.

Ron Madden
08-30-2006, 04:41 AM
:angry: :bang: :angry: :bang: I'm too mad to even sleep now. We play 6 innings of extra inning baseball, and Franklin, coming off of a terrible game last night gives up the game on his FIRST freaking pitch!

In a road trip that most everyone would say would decide the season one way or another, we lose 5 in a row, 1-5, now lost the Wild Card lead. Can it get any worse, really? :angry: :bang: :bang: :angry: :angry:

There is no need to break anything. This is Baseball. ;)

Let's enjoy it while we can, We'll miss it this winter.

redsmetz
08-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Actually I'm surprised that we're still in it with a 5 game losing streak and just a 1/2 game back. My optimism not lost and I'm thankful these losing ways have happen while I'm blissfully sleeping away. I went to bed hoping they'd come back, they did, but let it slip away. We're not eliminate. We're behind the 8 ball. We can still make the playoffs.

That said, just a little perspective, folks. Not to preach, but tragic news throughout our newspapers this week in the Cincinnati area/region; a few ballgames aren't any big deal. Yes, I want the team to win, but there's more important things in life.

GitRDunn
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
You could tear up this season's schedule in frustration. This season is over... the Reds are done... stick a fork in them.

Unassisted
08-30-2006, 09:32 AM
So the Reds lose a 16-inning night game 3 timezones to the west of their home. I'd be madder at myself for having stayed up to watch it on a weeknight than I would be at the team for losing it.

Be glad that today's game is not a day game. I'd expect them to come out flatter than a pancake for a day game after that marathon.

dabvu2498
08-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Alarm clocks are always good. I was listening to the game on mine till the bitter end. I thought I may have broken it last night turning it off with my fist after the 16th. I made darn sure I broke it this morning at 5:30.