PDA

View Full Version : do .500 and playoffs truly jive?

goGUEST!
08-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Here we are in the midst of a pennant race

BUT!:mooner:

how many years since we won it could you be 3 games over .500 and be in the lead. Sure it's fun to be talking playoffs right now... but it aint us peeps.

We'd have been way out of it last year or 2 years ago...etc. We're just in a situation where mediocrity prevails in the NL. I've been very positive this season, but if something doesn't happen in the offseason (i.e. pick up a #1 or #2 pitcher) we may be in for a hurting when someone (anyone) picks up the slack next year.

there's a good chance of an NL team getting tromped in the playoffs by the AL. there's just too much mediocrity.

The fact that the reds haven't lost 6 in a row before (have they? once mayb e) doesn't mean as much when they haven't put together any decently long winning streaks (6 games? more? how many times? once?.....maybe?...someone tell me i'm wrong cuz I got the FEAR :scared:

I do trust our front office, even though I'm worried. I will count on them picking up some free agents in the offseason.... good ones.....right?:confused:

else this "playoff push" (i.e. attempt at 5 games over 500) is just an excercise in futility.

Always Red
08-31-2006, 09:32 AM
how many years since we won it could you be 3 games over .500 and be in the lead.

It worked for the Padres just last year; they were 82-80 and won the NL West by 5 games.