PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox's Health Issues.

HumnHilghtFreel
09-01-2006, 06:33 PM
No matter who you're a fan of, you have to be feeling for the Red Sox lately.

WMP, Manny, David Ortiz's heart problems(which turned out to be nothing) and now I just heard on SportsCenter the scariest of all of them.

Rookie Pitcher Jon Lester has found out that he has Lymphoma, which is a form of cancer. The good news they said, is that it is curable.

I'll get a link when I can find one, but I just now heard on the TV and thought it was pretty bad news for any team and thought I'd share it here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ahgev0UrMuWQ5eZ9L1hr1Gw5nYcB?slug=ap-redsox-lester&prov=ap&type=lgns

MartyFan
09-01-2006, 08:30 PM
No matter who you're a fan of, you have to be feeling for the Red Sox lately.

WMP, Manny, David Ortiz's heart problems(which turned out to be nothing) and now I just heard on SportsCenter the scariest of all of them.

Rookie Pitcher Jon Lester has found out that he has Lymphoma, which is a form of cancer. The good news they said, is that it is curable.

I'll get a link when I can find one, but I just now heard on the TV and thought it was pretty bad news for any team and thought I'd share it here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ahgev0UrMuWQ5eZ9L1hr1Gw5nYcB?slug=ap-redsox-lester&prov=ap&type=lgns

I read that too and thought "Man I hate the Red Sox"...but I feel horrible for Lester...that is awful...hopefully he beats it and gets back to baseball and life.

Always Red
09-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I read that too and thought "Man I hate the Red Sox"...but I feel horrible for Lester...that is awful...hopefully he beats it and gets back to baseball and life.

Ditto; prayers to Lester, if you're the praying type...

I also am sick to death of the Red Sox, and have actually been more sympathetic to the Evil Empire Yankees than the Sox, of late. Can't believe I just typed that.

Kind of makes one wonder if "The Curse" is back...

guttle11
09-02-2006, 01:06 AM
And now they say Papelbon is hurt.

In the words of Joe Schmo... "WHAT IS GOING AWWWWWN?"

Seriously though, all the best to Lester. I couldn't imagine.

crazybob60
09-02-2006, 01:08 AM
And didn't the Reds announcers say something about a Charlie O'Brien in the Red Sox family and something happening to him? I could be mistaken here, but there in like the 7th or 8th inning I could have sworn Grande said something to that effect.

And my thoughts and prayers go out to Jon Lester and his family....that's gotta be really, really scary.