PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard watching...who to root for?

bradmu
09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
These next couple days should tell us a lot about who to root for to best help the Reds...

NL Central vs. Wild Card?

4.5 back of the cards, 3.5 back of Wild Card in 5th.

Cards play a lot of the teams in wild card contention in their last 20 some games. they play Houston 7 times, Giants 3 times, and Padres 3 times. Obviously, if we are shooting for the wild card, it would be in our best intrest to root for the Cards in these games.

I guess we just need to go out on the field and take care of business this week. We still have a shot.

guttle11
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Root for them all to beat each other up and hammer the Cubs and Pirates.

Far East
09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
It sure was simpler just rooting for the Cards to lose.
Oh, the good old days!

Mario-Rijo
09-11-2006, 06:48 PM
We have got to win to stay in it obviously, however I think Philly is a team that will win the W/C if someone out of the west doesn't. That said I want the NL Central division title if I had my druthers. If we can turn it on these last 19 games we will have a great oppurtunity to win the division and that is cooler too me. However if we can pull out the w/c so be it. I'll take it anyway we can get it.

bradmu
09-11-2006, 06:58 PM
We have got to win to stay in it obviously, however I think Philly is a team that will win the W/C if someone out of the west doesn't. That said I want the NL Central division title if I had my druthers. If we can turn it on these last 19 games we will have a great oppurtunity to win the division and that is cooler too me. However if we can pull out the w/c so be it. I'll take it anyway we can get it.

Agreed... I know its a lot make up in 19 games, but The Cards could very easily go 2-8 in their next 10 games. That coupled with a respectable 6-4 record and we are essentially tied.

just the way the schedules are set up, I think our chances might actually be best in the Central. but again, this is a huge week. If we don't make up any ground in either the central or WC in the next 7 days...I think its over with.

Always Red
09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
The Reds have come to the point where they just have to win.

No use in watching the scoreboard at all, for the next few days anyway, unless the Redlegs are winning.

The next three, against the Pads, will show us if this team really has what it takes. They're at home, and the off days have negated the need for a 5th starter. It's a good setup for victory.

A lot of folks used the west coast excuse for the abomination that occured out there; there is some merit to it, as the Reds have always done poorly out west. If the Reds do an el-foldo against the Pads at home, then they truly do not deserve to be a part of playoff baseball.

If they can win 2 out of 3 against SD, then we can start watching scoreboards; but the Reds have to stop making Jake Peavey into Cy Young, as the rest of the league has done much better than the Reds against him this year.