PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Weather, 9/12/2006

BuckWoody
09-12-2006, 09:41 AM
How we lookin'? Not good. Uncle Milty's going tonight so, of course, I have tickets. If they do end up calling the game, I sure hope they do it early and not when I'm already down by I-275. :( Does anyone think they'll be able to get it in?

If anyone hears anything please slap a reply in here so those of us lucky enough to have tix can quickly see what the deal is. Thanks! :thumbup:

Today: Periods of showers and thunderstorms. High near 74. South wind between 9 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Periods of showers and thunderstorms. Low around 62. South wind between 9 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Cyclone792
09-12-2006, 09:59 AM
We'll see if this updates through the day like the radar on weather.com does ...

http://wcpo.com/art/tempart/weather/wsi/images/new_radar1.jpg

If the above doesn't update, here's weather.com's radar ...

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ind_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg

Heath
09-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Looks like a twi-night doubleheader on Wednesday....when I go down......

The Padres need to be in LA on Friday night - they won't play Thursday evening.

BuckWoody
09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Looks like Cincy's clear for now. It's been pouring up here in Dayton all morning. It's hard to gauge Cincinnati weather from what's happening in Dayton even though they are so close. I've driven through downpours on the way to a game with cars pulling over to the side of the interstate only to get downtown and find that they haven't gotten a drop.

Heath
09-12-2006, 10:32 AM
For fun here's your tax dollars at work -

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=iln&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

dabvu2498
09-12-2006, 10:37 AM
"Doesn't look like the hard stuff's gonna come down for a while, your excellency."

TeamBoone
09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
It has been raining all day so far, light at times, extremely heavy at times, but non-stop.

I'm watching the Channel 9 weather as I type this. He says he doubts the game will be rained out but be prepared for one or two rain delays.

TeamBoone
09-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Oops, double post.

Jefferson24
09-12-2006, 01:08 PM
If it's rained out, will the extra day of rest make a difference who we throw this series?

harangatang
09-12-2006, 01:10 PM
The best case scenario is that this game is going to take a while tonight as more and more precipitation keeps forming near Evansville, IN moving towards Cincinnati. It is really all dependent on whether this precipitation becomes one large area of rain or stays in more of a small line type form. I can say one thing for sure in that the field will be EXTREMELY waterlogged as the stadium has received about an inch of rain (according to doppler) with it still raining.

Red Leader
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Hopefully there is a rather lengthy rain delay about the 3rd or 4th inning that will take both starters out. Turn it into a bullpen game. I like our chances vs their bullpen rather than Chris Young.

harangatang
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Hopefully there is a rather lengthy rain delay about the 3rd or 4th inning that will take both starters out. Turn it into a bullpen game. I like our chances vs their bullpen rather than Chris Young.Chris Young has allowed 26 HR's this year and he's pitching at GABP. The air will be rather heavy tonight but I think I still like the Red's chances against him.

redsmetz
09-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Chris Young has allowed 26 HR's this year and he's pitching at GABP. The air will be rather heavy tonight but I think I still like the Red's chances against him.

I like Milton's chances with the heavier, damper air. He's pitcher well of late and I think this helps him. How about a spectacular outing for him.

Red Leader
09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Chris Young has allowed 26 HR's this year and he's pitching at GABP. The air will be rather heavy tonight but I think I still like the Red's chances against him.

You do have a good point.

harangatang
09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I like Milton's chances with the heavier, damper air. He's pitcher well of late and I think this helps him. How about a spectacular outing for him.That's a really good point to throw in to the mix, he has pitched alot better and hopefully the Red's can get in the game tonight.

BuckWoody
09-12-2006, 02:03 PM
It has been raining all day so far, light at times, extremely heavy at times, but non-stop.

I'm watching the Channel 9 weather as I type this. He says he doubts the game will be rained out but be prepared for one or two rain delays.
:runawaycr

Let's focus here people. :fineprint This is about me and my ability to get to bed before 3:00 AM.

:evil:

Good point about Milty and the heavy air. Maybe a delay to the start of the game but none once they get going is the best case scenario.

dabvu2498
09-12-2006, 02:08 PM
The air may be heavy, but everywhere I've been north of town today, there's been a fairly steady ESE wind blowing. That's "out" of GABP.

Red Leader
09-12-2006, 02:20 PM
The air may be heavy, but everywhere I've been north of town today, there's been a fairly steady ESE wind blowing. That's "out" of GABP.

Rain! Rain hard! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

EKURed
09-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I can't imagine them playing. That's just me. I think a DH tomorrow is the way to go. I don't know if playing a game in these conditions is the way to go especially since tonight is the biggest game of the year for the Reds.

traderumor
09-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I can't imagine them playing. That's just me. I think a DH tomorrow is the way to go. I don't know if playing a game in these conditions is the way to go especially since tonight is the biggest game of the year for the Reds.One gate over two when they're trying to sell out? I think tonight will take place if there is any way possible. However, they might shoot themselves in the foot with that mindset since they will be relying on walkups who will be sitting in their homes, dry and watching FSN.

Red Leader
09-12-2006, 02:49 PM
You can forget about Griffey returning tonight if they do get the game in.
FYI to all, it's supposed to rain pretty much all day tomorrow as well.

EKURed
09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
One gate over two when they're trying to sell out? I think tonight will take place if there is any way possible. However, they might shoot themselves in the foot with that mindset since they will be relying on walkups who will be sitting in their homes, dry and watching FSN.

Not sure. Imagine all the hotdogs that could be eaten in a doubleheader.

BuckWoody
09-12-2006, 03:07 PM
One gate over two when they're trying to sell out? I think tonight will take place if there is any way possible. However, they might shoot themselves in the foot with that mindset since they will be relying on walkups who will be sitting in their homes, dry and watching FSN.
This scenario also brings the dreaded Day/Night Double Header into the picture. They could still have two "gates" tomorrow if they do that.

Matt700wlw
09-12-2006, 03:16 PM
I was checking the schedule, and the Reds last off day of the season comes next Thursday.

The Padres have no more off days.....these games HAVE to get played somehow in the next 3 days.

It could be a long 3 days

Chip R
09-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Not sure. Imagine all the hotdogs that could be eaten in a doubleheader.

Mmmmmm, hot dogs.

BuckWoody
09-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Maybe, if we think real hard, we can stop this rain. No rain! No rain! No rain! No rain!

muethibp
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM

If you think this game approaches a sellout, you don't know Cincinnati too well. This team isn't on the radar screen of the vast majority of the city anymore.

Matt700wlw
09-12-2006, 03:29 PM
If tonight's gets called, they'd have a better shot with a DH on Thursday. The rain is forcasted to be out by then.....and looks like it will taper off tomorrow night, which hopefully would work for 1 game.

Chip R
09-12-2006, 03:31 PM
We need Super Triple 3-D Doppler to find out if there will be a game tonight.

TOBTTReds
09-12-2006, 03:48 PM
I've been sitting by a window all day and it literally has not stopped raining. Unreal.

Chip R
09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
I've been sitting by a window all day and it literally has not stopped raining. Unreal.

Maybe you should move away from the window and it might stop raining. ;)

Reds Fanatic
09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
If tonight is rained out they will try for a twi-night DH tomorrow night. They won't do a day night DH because tomorrow during the day is really no better than today's forecast. But they will try a DH tomorrow to try to avoid a DH on a travel day. The Reds have another day game on Friday and won't want a DH on Thursday if they can avoid it.

goreds2
09-12-2006, 04:04 PM
ALL newer MLB stadiums should have retractable roofs. :evil:

Ltlabner
09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
We need Super Triple 3-D Doppler to find out if there will be a game tonight.

You mean the weather studs haven't been on around-the-clock team coverage of the weather system as it moves through the tri-state area? I left Cincy at 7:00am and it was raining then...I just natually assumed that the weather guys broke into programing around 10:30am and haven't stopped coverage since.

Lot's of rolled up sleeve's in them thar news rooms.

Roy Tucker
09-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I think they'll do everything they can to get the game in tonight. At this stage of the season, there is very little room for makeup games.

They'll play in galoshes and yellow raincoats and just splash around. Did they ever get that drainage problem at GABP fixed?

(I was going to say rubbers instead of galoshes, but that would open up a whole new area of discussion)

dabvu2498
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I took a meteorology class in college. My professor would've looked at today's radar map from ILN and said "stay inside."

Actually, looks like showers may be coming to a halt here in the next little bit in the Tri-Sate area, but there are some severe weather bands in eastern Illinois/western Indiana that could be here shortly after gametime. I doubt if they would keep up the strength they have now, but it could leave a little more rain than the boys would play through.

Reds Fanatic
09-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Here is the latest from the National Weather Service for this series.

Tonight: Periods of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 62. South wind between 7 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8am, then a chance of showers between 8am and 4pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Southwest wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 10pm, then a slight chance of showers between 1am and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Thursday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.

traderumor
09-12-2006, 05:16 PM
If you think this game approaches a sellout, you don't know Cincinnati too well. This team isn't on the radar screen of the vast majority of the city anymore.It would be the same as the Cardinals series, half price tickets and dogs brought them out, but I doubt it tonight with this weather.

BuckWoody
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, we're headed out the door...umbrellas and ponchos in hand. Look for my next post somewhere around 2:00. :(

Let's Go Reds!

EKURed
09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
The latest from Marc's blog...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Doesn't look promising

It's not raining hard here, but it is raining, and has been all day. No word yet on a postponement, but it seems many are expecting one. The forecast apparently isn't real promising through the evening.

I'll keep you posted.

CTA513
09-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Take a bunch of baseballs and sit them in the rain.
Make sure Milton uses the rain soaked baseballs and Young uses seperate ones that are dry.

:evil:

muethibp
09-12-2006, 06:19 PM
It would be the same as the Cardinals series, half price tickets and dogs brought them out, but I doubt it tonight with this weather.

Disagree. Kids were out of school, its the Cardinals, we were squarely in the hunt, and the Bengals hadn't started. Now it's September, its the Padres, we're out of it, and it's football season. Even with nice weather this game wouldn't approach a sellout.

EKURed
09-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Disagree. Kids were out of school, its the Cardinals, we were squarely in the hunt, and the Bengals hadn't started. Now it's September, its the Padres, we're out of it, and it's football season. Even with nice weather this game wouldn't approach a sellout.

I will buy most of the argument, but how can you say they are out of it? There is still that chance that they sweep the Padres and then they have a lot of Cubs and Pirates left. Stranger things have happened.

Ltlabner
09-12-2006, 06:23 PM

Come on....we're not out of it yet.

There aren't nearly enough threads complaining about Dunn and Jr to signal that we are truely out of the race. :evil:

Matt700wlw
09-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Word is that right now, this game, shockingly, WILL start on time.

BuckWoody
09-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Well, we're headed out the door...umbrellas and ponchos in hand. Look for my next post somewhere around 2:00. :(

Let's Go Reds!
Well I lied, it's only 12:15. It was misting a little in the first few innings but other than that, nothing. We drove down in the rain the whole way too.

What a game! My Dad and I were at the game where Griffey hit the walk-off his first day off of the DL, we were there for Ross's walk-off against the Cardinals, and we were there again tonight. We're taking donations for us to go to the rest of the home games. ;)

muethibp
09-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Come on....we're not out of it yet.

There aren't nearly enough threads complaining about Dunn and Jr to signal that we are truely out of the race. :evil:

Maybe we're not totally out of it, but I think the 15,000 people there last night generally prove my point.

RollyInRaleigh
09-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Maybe we're not totally out of it, but I think the 15,000 people there last night generally prove my point.

And what point is that?

muethibp
09-13-2006, 08:25 AM
And what point is that?

Even if it was 70 and sunny, these games would not sell out.