PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Radio's Erik Kuselias says the Cincinnati Bengals are the best team in the NFL

macro
09-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Of course he was just basing that assessment on the Week One results, and I'm not saying that I agree with him. But it's nice to have my team thought of that highly. :)

He said this while ranking the top five teams on his Sports Bash show yesterday afternoon.

On the subject of rankings, the guy on Yahoo! Sports has the Bengals, Stillers, and Ravens all three in his top five. :eek:

MrCinatit
09-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow, isn't this a heck of a change from a few years ago - amazing what a change in management will do for you :D
Was listening to Furman a few weeks ago before one of the dreaded West Coast games - he stated most experts had picked the Bengals to finish no higher than third in their division - I wonder what experts he was refering to, because I've not seen many pick the Ravens over the Bengals.
Yet, still, this division is wicked strong. One would almost pity the lowly Browns.
Almost.

max venable
09-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Was listening to Furman a few weeks ago before one of the dreaded West Coast games - he stated most experts had picked the Bengals to finish no higher than third in their division - I wonder what experts he was refering to, because I've not seen many pick the Ravens over the Bengals.

The talking-head "NFL experts" on ESPN, in their pre-season picks had the Ravens winning the division and the Steelers being the wildcard team. They agreed that The Bengals would not make the playoffs.

BuckWoody
09-15-2006, 08:35 AM
The talking-head "NFL experts" on ESPN, in their pre-season picks had the Ravens winning the division and the Steelers being the wildcard team. They agreed that The Bengals would not make the playoffs.
After Sunday's games Tom Jackson (always a Bengal supporter) and Mike Irvin had the Bengals at #3 in their "Top 5". Steve Young had them at #1. :eek:

I think everyone started off this year assuming that Carson would not start the first few games so that's why they had them low. If Carson stays healthy and gets back in his groove of last year, there is no reason why the Bengals should not be considered one of the best teams in the NFL. :thumbup:

durl
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
My, how times change.

zombie-a-go-go
09-15-2006, 01:48 PM
The Ravens are worrisome. They looked pretty damn stellar against Tampa Bay last weekend. They looked better than PIT, IMO.