PDA

View Full Version : Reds if Jim Beattie was GM

Bay Area Red
09-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Most people thought that Jim Beattie was going to be named GM (at least the always reliable Hal did :evil: ) I don't know much about Beattie's track record, but I wonder what the Reds would like if he was GM...would he have traded Pena? Kearns? acquired every marginal bullpen type on waivers?

Any one have an idea of what the Reds composition would look like if Beattie was GM based on his style?

Patrick Bateman
09-21-2006, 10:54 PM
It's really impossible to say. I do know that the Reds team would be dramatically different right now.

vaticanplum
09-21-2006, 10:59 PM
One thing we can say about Krivsky, whether you like him or not, is that he is not really anything like Dan O'Brien. Beattie is: a tendendy towards indecision and a slowness to action, yet prone to inexplicable big-money deals when he does act. I do not think he would have helped this team. He is distinctly uncreative and has never shown anything to convince me that he'd be a good fit for a small-to-mid-market team.

machineguy
09-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Maybe Tejada would be a Red.

Topcat
09-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Maybe Tejada would be a Red.

True and there is a good chance David Ross and Phillips would not be Reds. Arroyo most defintly wouldn't have.

redsupport
09-22-2006, 12:29 AM
His daughter goes to my daughters private prep school, how is that for useless marginalia