PDA

View Full Version : A big thankyou

Topcat
09-22-2006, 06:02 AM
To everyone who has participated in the adopt a prospect draft. When I suggested the idea I never could have imagined the depth and enthusiasm that so many have put into this.

I openly admit that it did not take much time to keep updating but still. For the members of redszone to give this there time and truly there effort as if these kids were in fact there own is great. I read all the storysa on each prospect and love that I am some what connected in reading of there struggles and successes. I salute you REDSZONE members and I salute our project:beerme: , keep it going and know thqaqt many silent watchers follow our updates.

IslandRed
09-22-2006, 10:49 AM
I'll toss in thanks to everyone -- with a special shoutout to dougdirt -- that has put in time and effort for Down On The Farm's sake. I've really enjoyed this board and feel like I know three times as much about the Reds' farm system as I did six months ago.

Gallen5862
09-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Topcat I am glad that you had the idea for the adopting the prospects. It has been fun and informational folling my prospects and reading about the others. Its great that we also help update others when ever information is found.

Red Leader
09-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Agree with all here. Great idea Topcat, and a tremendous success by everyone involved. Thanks for making this minor league season much more enjoyable than years past.

You all do a wonderful job of posting quality, interesting, and unique information on this forum, and I greatly enjoy reading it.

mth123
09-22-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll toss in thanks to everyone -- with a special shoutout to dougdirt -- that has put in time and effort for Down On The Farm's sake. I've really enjoyed this board and feel like I know three times as much about the Reds' farm system as I did six months ago.

Ditto from me. Doug Dirt's posts have been very informative. I've also learned a lot from OBM, JMcClain, and many other minor league gurus. Some have done some really extensive research. I believe I remember reading that GALLEN was actually getting updates from a player's mother. Wow. Also, thanks to Topcat for coming up with the idea.

Now that I've named some, I'm sure that I have left out a host of others. No offense intended.

Finally, to whoever came-up with the Minor League Board in the first place, it was a great addition to the site. I only joined in July, but I've been lurking since 2003.

Topcat
09-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes DougDirt has done a awesome JOB AND i WOULD LIKE TO SEND HIM MY THANKS.:beerme:

SirFelixCat
09-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Props to all that helped, with special thanks to dougdirt and Topcat, amoung others.

While I didn't post a whole lot, I sure did learn a lot thanks to this forum. GREAT idea and look forward to it again next season!

Roy Tucker
09-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Yep, this forum has been extremely interesting and informative. I feel a little bad since I haven't contributed a thing and mostly just read and learned.

IIRC, Red Leader pushed the concept of a minor league board through RZ management. A tip o' the Roy cap to him and everyone else in here.