PDA

View Full Version : Gotta be honest...I'm bummed

Ltlabner
09-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Today will be the last game I get to attend at GABP this season. From the highs of April to the lows of last night, it's been a very entertaining season. While I've hated to see them giving up and fading away, I've really be excited about the Reds for the first time in a long time.

We can all argue over how things will unfold over the comming years (and we will!). But as of right now, I really feel I've gotten my monies worth. After today I'll have been at 21 games and spent an average of $45 at each game. Comparied to all the other entertianment options I don't think you can beat $45/game. (yes, we could have done it far cheeper, that's not the point).

For all that I've witnessed live this year (posted in other treads) frankly, I'm sad that the season is winding down. Pretty much after today it will be a few more games on radio and then we head into the offseason.

Of course, with Wayne K at the helm it may be a more interesting offseason than years previous. And I've never been through an offseason on RZ! hahahaha

KittyDuran
09-24-2006, 08:47 AM
[Of course, with Wayne K at the helm it may be a more interesting offseason than years previous. And I've never been through an offseason on RZ! hahahaha Ah... a virgin! [wear a chastity belt] :evil:

TOBTTReds
09-24-2006, 09:34 AM
This year was outstanding. It really was. Sure the team played a bit over their head for a while, and I am glad for that. I'm glad they never gave up in games. I certainly saw more than I could have asked for, and I'll probably be back for many great games next year.

vic715
09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes its been exciting and somewhat dissapointing because we made a run thats fallin short.But you know what,I haven't given up yet. Sounds impossible but we could force a tie or win this division.Cards have no cakewalk left.If they lose tonight and tomorrow to Houston its going to get interesting trust me.Wishful thinking may become reality.

jmac
09-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Yes its been exciting and somewhat dissapointing because we made a run thats fallin short.But you know what,I haven't given up yet. Sounds impossible but we could force a tie or win this division.Cards have no cakewalk left.If they lose tonight and tomorrow to Houston its going to get interesting trust me.Wishful thinking may become reality.

the point to me is while it may be "wishful thinking" , it seems 99 percent of fans as well as narron by his lineups have given up.
i know this current lineup will not win more than likely but...hey ,should they be speaking of next yr till they are actually out of it.
the other night i caught the end of the stros rally to beat stl.
biggio said something like "we come to the ballpark to win cause we are still alive.ya never know ".houston tied with cincy when comments made.
again.....will they= probably not

fact is there is 6-7 games left and reds still "technically" in it.:thumbup:

let everyone that predicted 90+ losses , raise their hand.....

Ltlabner
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Anybody at the game today notice that the Reds took a very long BP and they went 2nd (or perhaps the Cubs declined BP?) so more fans would see them?

Wonder if the extra time on the field was some sort of responce to last night's debacle (especially in light of fan apprication day)?

WMR
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Anybody at the game today notice that the Reds took a very long BP and they went 2nd (or the Cubs declined BP, perhaps)?

Wonder if the extra time on the field was some sort of responce to last night's debacle (especially in light of fan apprication day)?

Nice observation, Lt.

That sounds very reasonable to me.

redsmetz
09-24-2006, 08:39 PM
the point to me is while it may be "wishful thinking" , it seems 99 percent of fans as well as narron by his lineups have given up.
i know this current lineup will not win more than likely but...hey ,should they be speaking of next yr till they are actually out of it.

What in this line-up leads you to believe Jerry Narron has given? I see no evidence in that whatsoever. I see two outfield slots open because of injury (Griff & Freel), trying Phillips at SS, which everyone's been begging for anyway and it's a very good chance to see how he does next year. Shortstop has been a changing spot since the trade with the exception of Aurillia playing there for a couple of weeks straight. While yesterday's game was debacle, everyone one of those players is a reasonably capable major league player and they just played badly. But I haven't seen anyone giving up.

I was even glad to see Dunn get tossed, to see some fire in his belly and to have it out with some of these nitwit umpires who've been squeezing him so much.

redsfan30
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm skipping work and making the long drive down to Cincinnati for the final home game tomorrow afternoon.

I'm excited to go, because I bought Club Home seats, but I'm very bummed knowing that this will be the last time in the old ball yard til April.

Ltlabner
09-24-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm skipping work and making the long drive down to Cincinnati for the final home game tomorrow afternoon.

I'm excited to go, because I bought Club Home seats, but I'm very bummed knowing that this will be the last time in the old ball yard til April.

You will enjoy them Redsfan. Sections 220-228 have become my favorite seats at GABP.

Have a safe trip and a great game.

redsfan30
09-24-2006, 08:59 PM
You will enjoy them Redsfan. Sections 220-228 have become my favorite seats at GABP.

Have a safe trip and a great game.

I only bought these seats one other time, but it was the absolute perfect game to get them. It was the game against the Brewers back in July were there was a rain delay and the game didn't get going til after 10:00. We just chilled in Club 4192 watching TV and just watched it rain and most importantly...stayed dry.

George Foster
09-24-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm more frustrated about this season. With some better line ups and some better hitting with men in on 2nd and 3rd, we would still be having 500 or more post in the game threads. However stats don't lie and when you are outscored for the year the odds of you being above .500 is low.

jmac
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM
What in this line-up leads you to believe Jerry Narron has given? I see no evidence in that whatsoever. I see two outfield slots open because of injury (Griff & Freel), trying Phillips at SS, which everyone's been begging for anyway and it's a very good chance to see how he does next year. Shortstop has been a changing spot since the trade with the exception of Aurillia playing there for a couple of weeks straight. While yesterday's game was debacle, everyone one of those players is a reasonably capable major league player and they just played badly. But I haven't seen anyone giving up.

I was even glad to see Dunn get tossed, to see some fire in his belly and to have it out with some of these nitwit umpires who've been squeezing him so much.

due to family illness, i havent been able to follow the reds as close the last few weeks.i did not say "the players".i guess more or less,fans.
like i would click on this board to check game thread only to find stuff like either there was none,or the thread with readings like "if anyone cares".
i thought to myself "are we not still mathematically in it"
now with stl losing....well its a long shot but
the fat lady isnt singing just yet !