PDA

View Full Version : Clemens

Goten
10-01-2006, 02:14 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/la-sp-clemens1oct01,0,7341397.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

icehole3
10-01-2006, 08:07 AM
The question is should this diminish his star power? I think it should, Clemens IMO is the one player who has done the most unusual feat of all-time, becoming a top five pitcher in the league past the age of 40 years old. Call me a nutcase but this guy has all the ingredients of being a abuser.

mth123
10-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Sounds like the Orioles have a problem. Tejada, Gibbons, Roberts, the retired Segui. Also Grimsley, Palmeiro, and Sosa with Oriole ties. This is a team looking to add players and has the cash to take on contracts. Not sure I would want to deal with them. We may be getting a roid inflated set of Stats in return that will disappoint when the juicing stops.

Anyone still want to trade Dunn for Tejada?

cincinnati chili
10-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Shazam. Wow. What great news for baseball right before the playoffs.

BuckeyeRed27
10-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry I just don't believe this report. There is no evidence. You can't just go throwing out names like this.

macro
10-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm too lazy to read the story, so I don't know if it's credible or not, but I have thought for many years that Clemens juiced. Look at him.

BuckeyeRed27
10-01-2006, 07:45 PM
See that's the thing the "Look at him" excuse isn't enough.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge Roger fan, but I think he just works hard and with his talent has been able to maintain a great career.

Now his whole career is being questioned and the only real evidence against him is "well look at him."

Degenerate39
10-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Clemens is part of the untouchables we will never know if he was on the juice or not.

dougflynn23
10-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Anyone still want to trade Dunn for Tejada? :) Yep. Would make that trade tomorrow. He had a very nice year at SS and remains one of the better clutch hitters in the game.

killuminati35
10-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I've always thought he (Clemens) was a juicer. I always thought it was wierd that the media never pointed this out. I mean, come on, look at his size. His chest looks like freaking King Kong.

Natty Redlocks
10-01-2006, 10:10 PM
:) Yep. Would make that trade tomorrow. He had a very nice year at SS and remains one of the better clutch hitters in the game.

Me too. He wants to win badly and would likely take over the vacant leadership role in the clubhouse in a heartbeat. Wild speculation, I know, but it sounds good.

HumnHilghtFreel
10-01-2006, 10:11 PM
A lot of the guys getting caught lately have been pitchers. If this turns out to be true and someone as high-profile as Clemens ends up caught, how much more will people start looking at pitchers as juicers as evenly as guys that smack a ton of home runs. I'm sure some people do already, but I don't think the majority does.

Goten
10-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge Roger fan, but I think he just works hard and with his talent has been able to maintain a great career.

Now his whole career is being questioned and the only real evidence against him is "well look at him."

I agree that it's not proven clemens juiced, then again it isn't proven sosa juiced yet people want his records stripped from the record books.

That said, just because clemens may have used PED'S doesn't mean he doesn't work hard - they just allowed him to workout harder and longer.

Any way, this is an interesting tidbit from the article -
According to the 20-page search warrant affidavit, signed by IRS Special Agent Jeff Novitzky, Grimsley told investigators he obtained amphetamines, anabolic steroids and human growth hormone from someone recommended to him by, a source said, former Yankees trainer Brian McNamee. The former team trainer is a personal strength coach for Clemens and Pettitte.

macro
10-02-2006, 08:45 AM

Justice doesn't always prevail in the court of public opinion.

Slyder
10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Reports now is that this author was misinformed. Grimsley said Pettitte and Clemens would never use performance enhancing drugs.

edabbs44
10-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Reports now is that this author was misinformed. Grimsley said Pettitte and Clemens would never use performance enhancing drugs.

Sure...I wonder if Selig had a gun to his head when he said that.

Goten
10-03-2006, 02:17 PM

But they stand by their report.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/457641p-385157c.html

L.A. Times sports editor Randy Harvey, reached by The News today, said that unless the paper is informed of the "significant errors they claim we made, we have no comment, except to say we stand by our story."

Be that as it may, this should be taking with a grain of salt either way.

Red Leader
10-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Roger's ridin' dirty, yo.

Redsfan08
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
false