PDA

View Full Version : AL Divisonal Palyoff Yankees/Tigers

cumberlandreds
10-02-2006, 09:08 AM
The Tigers are fading faster than the December sun. I hope I am wrong but the Yankees will win this one in maybe a sweep.

Red Leader
10-02-2006, 12:35 PM
This one could go the distance. The Yankees pitching isn't as impressive as it was during the season. Both Mussina and Johnson could get hit pretty hard. If Magglio Ordonez comes up HUGE in this series, the Tigers have a chance. They're going to need an awful lot to go right, though, and I just don't see it happening. The Yankees will score a lot of runs in this series, and should win it.

I say Yankees in 4.

vaticanplum
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I fear a short series here. If the Yankees can wear down the Tigers, they will win in five. But if someone's crystal ball were to say to me "This will be a three-game series," I'd think it would be the Tigers.

I say Yanks in five.

Red Leader
10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
What a problem to have:

Alex Rodriguez will bat sixth for the first time all year when the postseason opens on Tuesday.

The Yankees will go with a lineup of CF Johnny Damon, SS Derek Jeter, Bobby Abreu, 1B Gary Sheffield, DH Jason Giambi, 3B Rodriguez, LF Hideki Matsui, C Jorge Posada and 2B Robinson Cano. Manager Joe Torre had to feel that he had little choice in moving A-Rod down given his brutal .305/.393/.534 line in 31 career postseason games.

I take it that last line is either very heavily soiled with sarcasm, or a misprint from the Rotoworld.com author.

mth123
10-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Yankees pitching implodes and Tigers win in an upset.

TeamBoone
10-03-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm for Sean Casey's team.