PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Reyes Curse

redsupport
10-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Classic overmanaging bringing in the lefty to face the slugger Mark Kotsay

Falls City Beer
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Classic overmanaging bringing in the lefty to face the slugger Mark Kotsay

Yep. It doubly sucks--I was pulling for the Twins in this series, as I'd like to see the Yankees face a team they might actually lose to--because the A's and Tigers don't qualify.

redsupport
10-04-2006, 03:49 PM
completely concur, the Tigers are going to be destroyed. The Yanks only chance of losing was to the Twins.

SultanOfSwing
10-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Yep. It doubly sucks--I was pulling for the Twins in this series, as I'd like to see the Yankees face a team they might actually lose to--because the A's and Tigers don't qualify.
Add the entire NL to the teams that have no chance to beat NYY. This is definitely the Yankees' year to lose.

Chip R
10-04-2006, 04:06 PM
It isn't over yet. I seem to recall the A's taking a 2-0 lead on the mighty Yankees a few years ago but couldn't seal the deal. Agreed, it doesn't look good for the Twinkies but all they have to do is win 3 in a row.

Johnny Footstool
10-04-2006, 05:03 PM
completely concur, the Tigers are going to be destroyed. The Yanks only chance of losing was to the Twins.

If the Twins can't beat the A's, what makes you think they could beat the Yankees?

Falls City Beer
10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
If the Twins can't beat the A's, what makes you think they could beat the Yankees?

Matchups. It happens all the time. One team simply doesn't match up well with another.

Take the Angels' recent mastery over the Yankees. Why? I don't know, but it happens.

Johnny Footstool
10-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Matchups. It happens all the time. One team simply doesn't match up well with another.

Take the Angels' recent mastery over the Yankees. Why? I don't know, but it happens.

This season, the A's matched up much better than the Twins against the Yankees:

OAK vs. NYY: 6-3, 4.56 ERA, .725 OPS, .770 OPS allowed (NYY ERA: 3.18)
MIN vs. NYY: 3-3, 5.76 ERA, .668 OPS, .887 OPS allowed (NYY ERA: 3.48)

Falls City Beer
10-04-2006, 05:57 PM
This season, the A's matched up much better than the Twins against the Yankees:

OAK vs. NYY: 6-3, 4.56 ERA, .725 OPS, .770 OPS allowed (NYY ERA: 3.18)
MIN vs. NYY: 3-3, 5.76 ERA, .668 OPS, .887 OPS allowed (NYY ERA: 3.48)

The A's somehow, some way find a bone to choke on when facing the Yankees.

Plus, I would have liked to see the Yanks face Santana twice in a 5 game set.

Now all we get to see is Loiaza and Zito get dismantled by the Yankees. Again.

Johnny Footstool
10-05-2006, 09:33 AM
The BRM used to be considered chokers, too. Couldn't beat Baltimore, couldn't beat the A's, couldn't win the big one.

Falls City Beer
10-05-2006, 10:37 AM
The BRM used to be considered chokers, too. Couldn't beat Baltimore, couldn't beat the A's, couldn't win the big one.

They were chokers. Until they weren't.

I think the A's absolutely can win it. But the Yankees have their number. Big time.

Aceking
10-05-2006, 10:52 AM
BTW... I have a whole nother theory called The Dennis Reyes theory. It has to do with my 2 year old son.

I keep hoping he'll turn out to be left handed... if he is... I'm going to send him to one of those baseball camps in the Dominican Republic to learn to pitch.

My theory is... he doesn't even have to be good.... he just has to be left handed! After all, look how long Dennis Reyes made it in the bigs!

:)