PDA

View Full Version : How about this trade??

swingman24
10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Reds send Adam Dunn, Rich Aurilia, Scott Hatteberg, and Brandon Claussen to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for LF Carl Crawford and RHP Jeff Niemann

Jeff Niemann- has a FB that goes up to as high as 95 at times with a hard breaking curve, a tough biting slider, and a circle change that just seems to fade away.

Carl Crawford- as fast as anyone in MLB batted .305 this year and had a .348 OBP. He stole 58 bases and only struck out 85 times in 600 ABs. Also hit 18 HRs and drove in 77 RBI.

Then all we have to do is sign Gary Sheffield and Kerry Wood but Wood just sign to a one year deal switch him to closer and see if he can stay healthy

Lineup:
1. LF Carl Crawford
2. SS Brandon Phillips
3. CF Ken Griffey Jr.
4. RF Gary Sheffield
5. 3B Edwin Encarnacion
6. 1B Joey Votto
7. C David Ross
8. 2B Ryan Freel
9. P

Bench:
OF Todd Hollandsworth
OF Chris Denorfia
C Javier Valentin
IF Juan Castro
IF Ray Olmedo

Rotation:
1. Aaron Harang
2. Bronson Arroyo
3. Jeff Niemann
4. Kyle Lohse
5. EZ Ramirez/Eric Milton/Homer Bailey/Phil Dumatrait

Bullpen:
Majewski
Bray
Coffey
Belisle
Weathers
Schoeneweis
Wood (CL)

Honestly I think this team ^ could get to a world series you eliminate a bunch of Ks with getting rid of Dunn and you get more team speed and a true leadoff hitter in Crawford. Niemann will be a stud and Gary Sheffield will hit with amazing power especially in our ballpark and o yeah he wont strikeout 250 times either !!

what's your take?

dougdirt
10-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I like the ideas, but Gary Sheffield and Kerry Wood are not coming here. The Reds also cant trade Rich Aurilia, becuase they dont have the rights to him unless he agrees to his option, which all signs point to not happening. Oh, and Phil Dumatrait is not going to be a starter....

swingman24
10-17-2006, 05:56 PM
just an idea lol it would be nice tho wouldnt it??

dunner13
10-17-2006, 06:12 PM
D-rays wouldnt take dunns contract. Also they are looking for young starting pitchers not dunn. I really think that the D-rays wouldnt not consider any trade with crawford without Bailey. Crawford is young, relativly cheap and very talented.

Highlifeman21
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
If we're sending Dunn to the DRays, although we shouldn't trade Dunn at all, Kazmir better damn well be coming North.

swingman24
10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
im sorry but dunn isn't worth that much lol

VI_RedsFan
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
If we're sending Dunn to the DRays, although we shouldn't trade Dunn at all, Kazmir better damn well be coming North.

I'm sorry, but you are seriously overrating Dunn's value.

BigRed
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I really think that Dunn will be traded. However, I just hope that they get more value than they got for Lopez and Kearns. If they could get a #1 or #2 starter, closer, or an everyday SS plus a good pitching prospect, I would be happy. I don't know what the value for him will be, though.

Dayton Red
10-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Agree, Dunn's value is not near what everyone thinks it is.

I know, someone is going to say they shouldn't trade him now when his stock is low. But what makes you say it is going to get higher? Should the Reds keep him and struggle having to play a .230 hitting, non contact making, non clutch hitting , and poor defense playing outfielder making $10.5 next year. Trade him for the best you can get and move on. The sooner the Reds get rid of Dunn and Griffey's contracts the sooner Wayne K. can start building the team he wants

BEETTLEBUG
10-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Trading Adam is going to be a trip. Jeff the pitcher and Carl Crawford from Tampa would be great but you can't trade Rich and they don't need Shiefield or Kerry (DEAD) Wood. We need pitching pitching pitching . I think we can get outfielders and infielders easier but pitching is going to be hard to get.

44Magnum
10-18-2006, 11:05 AM
You lost me with Jr. in CF.

Highlifeman21
10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry, but you are seriously overrating Dunn's value.

The only reason we trade Dunn is to improve our pitching. Getting Kazmir improves our pitching. If we're trading with the Devil Rays, Kazmir is the main piece we get for Dunn.

VI_RedsFan
10-18-2006, 04:06 PM
The only reason we trade Dunn is to improve our pitching. Getting Kazmir improves our pitching. If we're trading with the Devil Rays, Kazmir is the main piece we get for Dunn.

Why would the D-Rays trade Kazmir when pitching is their biggest need? Kazmir is an ace, and Dunn, I'm sorry, is nowhere near worth an ace.

camisadelgolf
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM
If we're trading with the Devil Rays, Kazmir is the main piece we get for Dunn.

I think what you meant to say was:

If we're trading with the Devil Rays, Dunn is the main piece they get for Kazmir.

For the record, I doubt the Devil Rays would be interested in trading a cheap ace for a guy that will demand over $10 million/year in salary.

Highlifeman21
10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I never said we were good trading partners with the Devil Rays, since we have similar needs, and similar excess.

I just said that if we're sending Dunn to Tampa, Kazmir needs to be coming to Cincy.

Krusty
10-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I never said we were good trading partners with the Devil Rays, since we have similar needs, and similar excess.

I just said that if we're sending Dunn to Tampa, Kazmir needs to be coming to Cincy.

Devil Rays are trying to build a starting rotation. I doubt very much they would trade Kazmir.

Patrick Bateman
10-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Devil Rays are trying to build a starting rotation. I doubt very much they would trade Kazmir.

He agrees. All HL is saying is that the Reds should not be trading Dunn to the Rays without getting Kazmir in return.

Getting rid of Kazmir makes no sense to the Rays, but getting Crawford for Dunn makes no sense for the Reds.

Highlifeman21
10-18-2006, 06:59 PM
He agrees. All HL is saying is that the Reds should not be trading Dunn to the Rays without getting Kazmir in return.

Getting rid of Kazmir makes no sense to the Rays, but getting Crawford for Dunn makes no sense for the Reds.

Bingo.

What makes even less sense is the extreme manlove of Ervin Santana for Adam Dunn.

What's Ervin Santana done?

Patrick Bateman
10-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Bingo.

What makes even less sense is the extreme manlove of Ervin Santana for Adam Dunn.

What's Ervin Santana done?

He'd be a good target. I think he could flourish next season, and he's on a team that can sacrifice some pitching.

However, a straight up Dunn for Santana swap would be undervaluing Dunn. There would need to be another fairly good prospect/young player included in the deal. McPherson maybe?

Degenerate39
10-18-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't think Dunn should be traded period until we can get a grade A pitcher or a couple of solid prospects. Right now we couldnt get anything for Dunn he's had an off year and he's being paid too much.

Highlifeman21
10-18-2006, 07:49 PM
He'd be a good target. I think he could flourish next season, and he's on a team that can sacrifice some pitching.

However, a straight up Dunn for Santana swap would be undervaluing Dunn. There would need to be another fairly good prospect/young player included in the deal. McPherson maybe?

Why would we need McPherson though? We have EE. Santana and McPherson for Dunn doesn't interest me b/c it doesn't address our needs, aside from the pitching.

Patrick Bateman
10-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Why would we need McPherson though? We have EE. Santana and McPherson for Dunn doesn't interest me b/c it doesn't address our needs, aside from the pitching.

I assume we could move McPherson to LF to potentially replace Dunn in the line-up.