PDA

View Full Version : Dragons 2007 schedule available (and some new start times)

KittyDuran
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
http://www.daytondragons.com/pressbox/pressrelease/index.html?article_id=230

2007 Dayton Dragons Schedule Announced
09/21/2006 10:23 AM -
The Dayton Dragons will open the 2007 Midwest League season at Fifth Third Field on Thursday, April 5th, hosting the West Michigan Whitecaps (Detroit Tigers). The 7:00 PM first pitch on opening night kicks off a stretch of 15 straight games to start the 2007 season against teams that qualified for the Midwest League playoffs in 2006.

The Dragons make their first ever trip to Midland, Michigan to take on the Great Lakes Loons (Los Angeles Dodgers) on Tuesday, May 29th for the start of a four-game series. Formally known as the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays, the Loons moved to Midland from Battle Creek after the 2006 season.

[B]Start times for games at Fifth Third Field in 2007 are 7:00 PM for games Monday through Saturday. Sunday games during April, May, and June will begin at 2:00 PM, while Sunday start times in July and August have changed to 7:00 PM. The lone exceptions include Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, when the Dragons play at 7 pm on Sunday evening and 2 PM on Monday afternoon.

The Dragons schedule is a split schedule consisting of 140 games, with two halves each consisting of 70 games each. Fifth Third Field in Downtown Dayton will host 70 games in 2007. The Dragons will play 13 home games in April, 12 in May, 14 in June, 14 in July, 14 in August and three in September. The league’s annual all-star game, marking the end of the first half, will be played at Elfstrom Stadium (Kane County Cougars) in Geneva, Illinois on Tuesday, June 19th.

The Midwest League is comprised of 14 teams divided into two divisions: the Eastern and Western. The Dragons, affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds, compete in the Eastern Division along with the Fort Wayne Wizards (San Diego Padres), Great Lakes Loons (Los Angeles Dodgers), Lansing Lugnuts (Toronto Blue Jays), South Bend Silver Hawks (Arizona Diamondbacks), and West Michigan Whitecaps (Detroit Tigers).

The Western Division consists of the Beloit Snappers (Minnesota Twins), Burlington Bees (Kansas City Royals), Cedar Rapids Kernels (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim), Clinton Lumber Kings (Texas Rangers), Kane County Cougars (Oakland Athletics), Peoria Chiefs (Chicago Cubs), the Swing of the Quad Cities (St. Louis Cardinals) and the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Seattle Mariners).

For more information on the Dayton Dragons season ticket wait list, group outings, ticket plans, merchandise, sponsorship opportunities or any other inquiries, individuals and companies are encouraged to contact the Dayton Dragons Professional Baseball Team at (937) 228-BATS (2287) or in writing at: Dayton Dragons, Fifth Third Field, P.O. Box 2107, Dayton, Ohio, 45401-2107.

Caseyfan21
10-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Start times for games at Fifth Third Field in 2007 are 7:00 PM for games Monday through Saturday. Sunday games during April, May, and June will begin at 2:00 PM, while Sunday start times in July and August have changed to 7:00 PM. The lone exceptions include Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, when the Dragons play at 7 pm on Sunday evening and 2 PM on Monday afternoon.

Wow, I haven't really heard of any teams doing Sunday night games every weekend during the summer. That's sort of odd. I just wonder how it will affect ticket sales. I did like those 2 pm games because it gave you time to get home from any Sunday morning commitments and still have time to eat lunch and get to the game. I wonder how that will affect the family atmosphere they try to have because little kids probably aren't the best to bring to night games, whether during the school year or not.

Red Leader
10-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I think the Sunday night games are better in July and August. I didn't want to take my youngest to the Sunday day games when it was 100 degrees out. Should be at least a little cooler with a 7pm start. Although, I do agree that I might be more apt to leave the little one at home instead of trying to make it through a whole game starting at 7pm.

KittyDuran
10-20-2006, 12:54 PM
I think the Sunday night games are better in July and August. I didn't want to take my youngest to the Sunday day games when it was 100 degrees out. Should be at least a little cooler with a 7pm start. Although, I do agree that I might be more apt to leave the little one at home instead of trying to make it through a whole game starting at 7pm.Especially when there is not that many places to get in the shade at 5/3 Field - that's for non-season ticket holders. It might work out pretty well for me in that I might be able to take in 2 games on Sunday... The Reds at 1pm then eat dinner at Ruby Tuesday's at the Dayton Mall then head up to see the Dragons play. I do that during April when the Reds have some Saturday day games.

RollyInRaleigh
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Man,

You are my kind of gal, Kitty!