PDA

View Full Version : Ask Pete Rose Anything

francohungarian
10-26-2006, 01:41 PM
If you could ask Pete Rose ANYTHING, What would you ask him? Looks pretty cool...

1450 AM The Ticket - Cincinnati's ESPN Radio and Fan's Choice Sports Collectibles are giving you, the fan, the opportunity to ask Pete Rose just about anything! Pete will be appearing on Unabated Sports at 6PM on Wednesday November 1st. Hosts Woody and Jeremy intend to make this a very unique interview, avoiding the overused questions Pete always gets about his thoughts on the Hall Of Fame, Steroids and his ban from baseball. During the Interview Woody and Jeremy will select the 3 best/most creative fan submitted questions and ask them to Pete on-air!

http://www.cincinnatisports.com/home/p2_articleid/296

cumberlandreds
10-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Here's what I would ask but it would never make it.
Why did you wait so long to come clean and admit you bet on baseball and not soon after your suspension?

George Anderson
10-26-2006, 02:21 PM
So how much are you charging for this gig??

Jr's Boy
10-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Who's going to run in the Daily Double at Riverdowns?

4256 Hits
10-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Here's what I would ask but it would never make it.
Why did you wait so long to come clean and admit you bet on baseball and not soon after your suspension?

He has anwered this; not sure if you would could consider it is good reason. First he said that he told Bud a year earlier than the book came out. But why he didn't come out earlier is that he wanted tell Bud (since he knew Fay Vincent hated him so never tried to talk to hime) first but for many years Bud didn't give him the time of day. So when he finally got a chance to talk to Bud he told him the truth. And then after he realized the Bud wasn't going to do anything about letting him back in baseball Pete did what Pete does best and made money by writting the book.

westofyou
10-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Ask Pete Rose Anything

Where's Jimmy Hoffa?

Chip R
10-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Is that a rug?

Hoosier Red
10-27-2006, 12:44 PM
He has anwered this; not sure if you would could consider it is good reason. First he said that he told Bud a year earlier than the book came out. But why he didn't come out earlier is that he wanted tell Bud (since he knew Fay Vincent hated him so never tried to talk to hime) first but for many years Bud didn't give him the time of day. So when he finally got a chance to talk to Bud he told him the truth. And then after he realized the Bud wasn't going to do anything about letting him back in baseball Pete did what Pete does best and made money by writting the book.

I'd say what Pete does best is find ways around telling the truth.

justincredible
10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Ask Pete Rose Anything

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Degenerate39
10-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Hmmm that's a tough question. I guess my question would be:

Who was the toughest pitcher you've ever faced?

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

francohungarian
10-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Submit your questions to askpete@cincinnatisports.com. A few of these are good and will be asked-they just need submitted!

bounty37h
10-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Is JohnnyBench really gay?

Chip R
10-27-2006, 01:54 PM

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

SeeinRed
10-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Am I the only one who is getting sick of people wanting to ask why he bet on baseball and why it took so long for him to own up to it? The man has been through enough. He is banned from baseball for cryin out loud. What do you want from him. Before you say the truth, be honest. You wouldn't believe him if he told you the truth and provided indisputable evidence that he was telling the truth. Short of going back in time and stopping himself from betting on baseball, a lot of people will never be satisfied by anything he says or does. You can't change the past, why do you expect him to? Besides those are the least creative questions that you can possibly ask. Why not ask him something like who the player is that he feels best represents his hustle and will to win in today's game.

Sorry for the rant, and I already know a lot of you are probably going to say, "why does a post like this appear whenever we talk about Pete?" But hey, this post is no more common than the ones that want Pete to "tell the truth." If you're going to allow one, you have to allow the other. I'm just giving the other.

flyer85
10-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Which city has the best groupies?
what was your record for the most groupies nailed during a series?

Pete might never shut up.

BoydsOfSummer
10-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Pete, why don't you just go away?

RichRed
10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

WVJulz
10-27-2006, 05:24 PM
What was Joe Friday's badge number? :dunno:

Seriously, I used to ask three questions just messing with people and I couldn't use them because Rich Red used one of them when he said he would ask "how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?" I used to ask
1. What's Joe Friday's badge number?
2. What was the dog's name on Petticoat Junction and
3. How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of Tootsie Pop?
But, Rich Red, Justincredible and Chip R - thanks for the laugh....literally, out loud! :laugh:
Julz

Red Leader
10-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Do you ever regret having that rediculous over-zealous mullet?

You know, business up front, party in the back...

westofyou
10-27-2006, 05:32 PM
2. What was the dog's name on Petticoat Junction

Wasn't it "Dog"

George Anderson
10-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Wasn't it "Dog"

No it was "Boy"

westofyou
10-27-2006, 05:48 PM
No it was "Boy"

I knew it was a simple word, Uncle Joe.... what a lazy bum he was.

Phhhl
10-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Am I the only one who is getting sick of people wanting to ask why he bet on baseball and why it took so long for him to own up to it? The man has been through enough. He is banned from baseball for cryin out loud. What do you want from him. Before you say the truth, be honest. You wouldn't believe him if he told you the truth and provided indisputable evidence that he was telling the truth. Short of going back in time and stopping himself from betting on baseball, a lot of people will never be satisfied by anything he says or does. You can't change the past, why do you expect him to? Besides those are the least creative questions that you can possibly ask. Why not ask him something like who the player is that he feels best represents his hustle and will to win in today's game.

Sorry for the rant, and I already know a lot of you are probably going to say, "why does a post like this appear whenever we talk about Pete?" But hey, this post is no more common than the ones that want Pete to "tell the truth." If you're going to allow one, you have to allow the other. I'm just giving the other.

Outstanding post! If I cared about rep points or knew how to give them, I would give them to you.

gm
10-27-2006, 06:25 PM
What was Joe Friday's badge number? :dunno:

Too easy, same as Babe Ruth's home run record. I've forgotten his partner's badge number, though (hint: it wasn't 4152)

gm
10-27-2006, 06:27 PM

As opposed to sparrows bearing burdens? ("I don't know that--aaaaiiigh!")

FlightRick
10-27-2006, 07:33 PM
"When will you finally quit lollygagging and have your sweet, sweet revenge on the blasphemously-named Big Red Machine, Kane?"

WVJulz
10-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Wasn't it "Dog"

According to Ask Morty, "Although he later played "Benji" and his real real name was "Higgins, the dog on "Petticoat Junction" was called "dog." Uncle Joe did call him "boy" as well, but his name, was dog.
That question used to drive me crazy :bang: What did we ever do without the internet at our fingertips?
Julz

WVJulz
10-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Too easy, same as Babe Ruth's home run record. I've forgotten his partner's badge number, though (hint: it wasn't 4152)

No, but believe it or not, that's not really that far off....it was 4848!!!!
Julz

George Anderson
10-28-2006, 12:16 AM
The man has been through enough. He is banned from baseball for cryin out loud. What do you want from him. Before you say the truth, be honest. You wouldn't believe him if he told you the truth and provided indisputable evidence that he was telling the truth.

Well he just may have finally told us the "truth".

The damn shame is we had to pay him $25.95 to read about the "truth" in his book.

The man was an amazing ball player but a complete ***** as a person.

Yachtzee
10-28-2006, 12:16 AM
This sounds like an advice column The Onion would run...

"Dear Pete,

My lawn just doesn't seem to be doing so well. The summer was pretty dry and now that it's fall, I've noticed bare patches where the grass has died. Is there anything I can do?

- Patches in Perrysburg"

"Dear Patches,

Fall is a good time to overseed your lawn to fill in some of those dead patches. Throw down some Kentucky Bluegrass seeds on your lawn. The Bluegrass will sprout and grow some before the snow hits, as it does better in colder weather than other varieties. Then in the spring, it will really take off and fill in those bare spots. Just remember to throw down some straw so that the birds don't eat all the seeds. If you do that, I put the odds at 2 to 1 that you'll have a better lawn.

- Pete"

"Dear Pete,

I will be starting school at UC next year, but my long-term boyfriend has a scholarship to play baseball at Ohio State. I really love him, but I don't know how we're going to be able to handle living apart for most of the school year. I really love him and I think he's the one. What should I do?

- Sleepless in Cincinnati"

"Dear Sleepless,

Listen babe, your boyfriend is a ballplayer. He's going to be travelling a lot and he's going to have certain needs. If you really love him, you'll take good care of him when he's home. But just don't ask questions or hassle him about what's going on at school or on the road. What happens on the road, stays on the road. Got that, toots?

- Pete"

MartyFan
10-28-2006, 01:28 AM
1) How many times did you bet on the Reds?

2) Is it true you regret getting caught?

3) Will you please go away?

Chip R
10-28-2006, 08:40 AM
"When will you finally quit lollygagging and have your sweet, sweet revenge on the blasphemously-named Big Red Machine, Kane?"

Never! It's a Wrestlemania tradition for Pete to get choke-slammed by Kane. You talk about blasphemy? Look in the mirror, my friend.

Highlifeman21
10-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Never! It's a Wrestlemania tradition for Pete to get choke-slammed by Kane. You talk about blasphemy? Look in the mirror, my friend.

In a Royal Rumble, IIRC, originally dressed as the Chicken, IIRC again.

francohungarian
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
A few of the questions submitted via this forum will be used! You probably need to call the station or email askpete@cincinnatisports.com to claim your prize. For more info see

http://www.cincinnatisports.com/home/p2_articleid/296

and don't miss Pete LIVE on 1450 AM tonight at 6PM (Unabated Sports)

RichRed
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Pete, how DO you solve a problem like Maria?

Red Leader
11-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Pete, how DO you solve a problem like Maria?

I think that's a better question for Roy Tucker. :evil:

westofyou
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Saw this today

http://www.baseballanalysts.com/

The 18-year playing career of Pete Rose Jr. has been the extreme opposite of his famous father. The younger Rose has played for 23 different affiliated, independent and Mexican League teams in that time. His only reprieve from the minors was a September cup of coffee with the Reds in 1997.

Despite the repeated setbacks, Rose continues to persevere. The lefty-swinging first baseman hit .299 with 7 HR and 33 RBI in 194 ABs for Bridgeport in 2006. At age 36, Rose owns a .262 career minor league average with 6455 ABs, 1688 hits and 130 homers.

Red Leader
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
...and I thought the characters on Lost had Daddy issues....

Geeeez.

redsupport
11-01-2006, 01:57 PM
I would ask him what he thought of Andy McGaffigan's slider

Chip R
11-01-2006, 02:00 PM
You know how some people go to every ballpark in the country? I think Pete, Jr. should try to play for every minor league team in the country before he retires.

redsupport
11-01-2006, 02:03 PM
I would ask him why Randy Milligan was so selective at the plate!