PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at GABP from monster.com

Heath
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
here's the website-

http://jobsearch.mlb.careers.monster.com/

They have three at Cincinnati - mostly with stats, F/X ops, and a Sports Reporter.

Mostly jobs that aren't high-paying - but fun, part-time jobs for some extra cash.

Enjoy.

maniem
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Any idea on how much they pay? It would be something fun to do for a part time job...

Heath
11-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Any idea on how much they pay? It would be something fun to do for a part time job...

In my limited foray into sports stats and journalism - I would guess roughly something above minimum wage. That's a guess. Maybe a Team Clark or someone who has knowledge of more up-to-date operational information can enlighten.

cincyinco
11-02-2006, 04:47 AM
Hey thanks Heath,

I'm on the job hunt, and while I can't relocate to cincinnati, I did post for some of the jobs at Coors Field here in Denver. I dont need to work full time, so this looks like a fun job doing something I love. Appreciate the post, otherwise I would have not had a clue.

camisadelgolf
11-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Maybe they should post a position for "pitcher".

shredda2000
11-02-2006, 04:25 PM

...and some fielders with defensive skills...

Team Clark
11-02-2006, 05:27 PM
In my limited foray into sports stats and journalism - I would guess roughly something above minimum wage. That's a guess. Maybe a Team Clark or someone who has knowledge of more up-to-date operational information can enlighten.

I have no idea. Wish i did.

Heath
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I have no idea. Wish i did.

Well, if you were working for Naimoli, I would have suggested you apply. :D

Sternberg hired you, so I guess the checkbook got blasted :D

Strikes Out Looking
11-02-2006, 07:42 PM

How I wish it was for manager.

Heath
02-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Bump again.

goodwilly98
02-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I applied, but never got a confirmation email that they received my application/resume. Did anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

And when I go back into my Monster.com account, there's no record of me applying with MLB even though I got the "thanks for applying" or whatever after I thought I finished my application

I have no experience with this stuff anyway, and am a physical therapist, but this sounds like it'd be a really fun part time job

creek14
02-03-2007, 10:28 AM
I was a sports stringer for a couple local papers a few years back. One paper paid me $10 a game/article, the other paid me $50. I wrote strictly high school, mostly soccer and basketball, with the occasional football game thrown in. I kept waiting for that big break with the Reds... ;)

Obviously I didn't do it for the money, but it sure was fun.

Matt700wlw
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Pitcher f/x job would be pretty cool.