PDA

View Full Version : Billings Mustangs grateful for support (11/2)

TeamBoone
11-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Wow. I didn't know that the Reds don't "own" the Billings team. Goes to show you how much I know about Minor League Baseball.

Mustangs grateful for support

The management and players of the Billings Mustangs appreciate the great support Billings has given the organization in its 54 seasons in the community. The Mustangs players and coaches have always found a welcome home here.

As a point of clarification, the Mustangs team is not owned by the city of Billings or the Cincinnati Reds, our Major League affiliate. Rather, we are a local corporation owned by a group of shareholders who live in this community.

Since the inception of the Mustangs in 1948, the organization has been committed to providing professional baseball to the community as an affordable family entertainment option. Construction of a new ball park would allow us to continue that commitment.

We recognize that a taxpayer investment in a new ball park is a significant investment of community resources. However, it’s an investment that will yield significant returns. Only 160 cities in the United States and Canada have minor league baseball teams. In the past 15 years, many of these cities have built new ball parks that have become centers of development and civic pride.

As Billings continues to grow, we will continue contributing to the community’s prosperity and quality of life. We sincerely hope the relationship between the Mustangs and the city thrives well into the future.

This is our home, too.

Gary Roller
General Manager
Billings Mustangs

http://www.billingsnews.com/story?storyid=21319&issue=358

dougdirt
11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
The Reds only own the GCL and Sarasota teams. The other teams are owned by other people and the Reds just control the coaching staff and player personel there.

Doc. Scott
11-02-2006, 05:09 PM
I assume that letter is connected to the impending Election Day issue of a bond levy for a replacement for Cobb Field, correct?

TeamBoone
11-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes, Doc.

Unassisted
11-09-2006, 11:38 AM
It must have worked.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52412