PDA

View Full Version : In search of Ira Landis

KWM
11-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi. I'm not a Reds fan, so pardon the intrusion. I am looking for an old friend who is a Reds fan. As noted in the thread title, the old friend's name is Ira Landis. Another old friend and I were talking baseball earier in the year and we wondered "what ever happened to Ira Landis?".

I posted a similar message to this one at the official(for lack of a better word) Reds message board at cincinnatireds.com at the beginning of the season and got no response, so I did a Google search for more Reds chatter and it led me here.

So, if you are Ira Landis or know Ira Landis, tell him Keith(me, a Tiger fan) and Gary(an Indians fan----booooooo) were wondering where he is and how he's doing. I can be contacted at toledotigerfan@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

PS---You guys aren't that far from contending. As the Tigers proved this year, great improvement can happen quickly. You guys hit a lot of home runs, but don't score that much and you need a reliable starting pitcher(not an innings eater, a winner). Hang in there. Maybe a Reds-Tigers World Series will happen in 2007. :)

Dom Heffner
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I might be able to find Ira Joe Fisher.

KWM
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
You mean this guy? I asked him once and he threw his lunch at me.

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2005/06/22/image703523x.jpg

Heath
11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
I might be able to find Ira Joe Fisher.

They are still searching for Bobby Fischer.

KWM
11-02-2006, 11:04 PM
A bump before I turn in for the night.

KWM
11-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Bump. I won't bump this forever. I'll bump it a couple times this weekend and then let it drop.

savafan
11-03-2006, 09:49 PM
http://locker.uky.edu/~cebrow5/steveburns1.jpg

We need more clues!

KWM
11-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Clues, hmmm. Well, he had dark hair, he wasn't much taller than a table, often wore a green shirt with wide black stripes, and hung around with an animated dog and fake fruit. But where in the hell would I find someone that looks like that? :D

IowaRed
11-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Clues, hmmm. Well, he had dark hair, he wasn't much taller than a table, often wore a green shirt with wide black stripes, and hung around with an animated dog and fake fruit. But where in the hell would I find someone that looks like that? :D

anybody writing this down in their handy, dandy, notebook?

Sean_CaseyRules
11-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Here's the mail it never fails
It makes me wanna wag my tail
When it come i wanna wail
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLL!!!!!!

KWM
03-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Bump. Spring Training is here and perhaps the long sought after Ira Landis is at this board looking for good news about his Reds. I'll bump this a few times until the season starts and let it drop after that. Thanks!

Dom Heffner
03-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I'll bump this a few times until the season starts and let it drop after that. Thanks!

This board could use some favors. Not sure about this one. :)

zombie-a-go-go
03-09-2007, 04:23 PM
anybody writing this down in their handy, dandy, notebook?

Because, y'know, it's not bad enough that I have to hear this at home, but now I can't escape it at the office either?

:help:

KWM
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Bump. Hi again. I'm back for another search for the elusive Ira Landis. Spring in near, baseball is here, so I'm hoping again that Ira now has a computer and hangs around Internet message boards. Perhaps he is slow to get into the Internet. I have the same e-mail address I used to register, so if you're Ira or if you know Ira, send me an e-mail. Thanks again! I'll bump this a couple more times as we get near Opening Day.

Dom Heffner
02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I understood The Usual Suspects the first time through.

This, not so much.

Roy Tucker
02-20-2008, 03:45 PM
http://switchboard.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=34&qf=Ira&qn=Landis

BRM
02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I think WilyMoRocks is the elusive Ira Landis. The animated dog and fake fruit are a dead give-away.

Dom Heffner
02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Actually, see if any of these matches help you on people finders:

http://www.peoplefinders.com/summary.asp?fn=ira&mn=&ln=landis&city=&state=&age=&dobmm=&dobdd=&doby=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=45&y=17

KWM
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
http://switchboard.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=34&qf=Ira&qn=Landis

I've pretty much exhausted all those people search sites, so that's why I came here. The Ira Landis in Wooster is like 90-some years old, so that's not the Ira I'm searching for. The Ira Landis I'm searching for would be 48 or 49 years old. All the other Ira Landis' are probably not the one I'm looking for, since they're not in Ohio. I don't think Ira would move out of the reach of WLW. He loved his Reds baseball. Last we knew, he lived in Lima or Elida and was working at the state hospital in Lima.

Dom Heffner
02-20-2008, 04:01 PM
He loved his Reds baseball. Last we knew, he lived in Lima or Elida and was working at the state hospital in Lima.

There's a 48 and 49 year old Ira Landis in Lima, Ohio on the People Finder's list.

One has address and phone number.

KWM
02-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Actually, see if any of these matches help you on people finders:

http://www.peoplefinders.com/summary.asp?fn=ira&mn=&ln=landis&city=&state=&age=&dobmm=&dobdd=&doby=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=45&y=17

Hey, thanks! That was a good one there. He's actually listed there. He's living in Cridersville, which is suburban Lima. I don't think I've ever seen that site and I thought I had tried them all. Much thanks! :)

Joseph
02-20-2008, 04:02 PM
You can't hide from the Dom.

Dom Heffner
02-20-2008, 04:05 PM
You can't hide from the Dom.

Yeah, I'm all about the stalking. :)

Had a guy take some money from me for some car washes and he didn't deliver on his promise.

He had never had of people finders.com, but he knows about it now. ;)

Dom Heffner
02-20-2008, 04:08 PM
You know, people finders is pretty cool becuase you can put in famous people's names and get results.

Stevie Nicks shows up as Stephanie Nicks. It also lists their corporation names and other little tidbits about them.

I have lots of time on my hands, I guess.

KWM
02-20-2008, 04:23 PM
You know, people finders is pretty cool becuase you can put in famous people's names and get results.

Stevie Nicks shows up as Stephanie Nicks. It also lists their corporation names and other little tidbits about them.

I have lots of time on my hands, I guess.

You mean I can finally find out where Scarlett Johansson and Sandra Bullock live? Too cool! I'm sure they'd be happy(no, thrilled) to be stalked by an old(er) white guy. :eek:

Dom Heffner
02-20-2008, 04:27 PM
You mean I can finally find out where Scarlett Johansson and Sandra Bullock live? Too cool! I'm sure they'd be happy(no, thrilled) to be stalked by an old(er) white guy.

I recommended searching, I didn't recommend acting upon fantasies of the mind. :)

KWM
02-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I recommended searching, I didn't recommend acting upon fantasies of the mind. :)

Yeah, I know. I save my fantasies for the shower. You know, to get clean. :p:

camisadelgolf
02-20-2008, 04:31 PM
PS---You guys aren't that far from contending. As the Tigers proved this year, great improvement can happen quickly. You guys hit a lot of home runs, but don't score that much and you need a reliable starting pitcher(not an innings eater, a winner). Hang in there. Maybe a Reds-Tigers World Series will happen in 2007. :)

This post is over a year old . . .

Roy Tucker
02-20-2008, 04:40 PM
You suppose you can plug Judge Crater into that thing?

:)

KWM
02-20-2008, 04:42 PM
This post is over a year old . . .

Yeah, I know. Let's try again in 2008. We're going to try to keep Zumaya away from heavy boxes and keep all the older guys healthy. Do that, and we'll take the Central, at least.

Bob Borkowski
02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey, let us know if you get in touch with Ira. :)

Chip R
02-20-2008, 09:45 PM
You suppose you can plug Judge Crater into that thing?

:)

You're showing your age. :p:

BoydsOfSummer
02-20-2008, 10:24 PM
What if Ira turns out to be BadFundy?:eek:

OldRightHander
02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
What if Ira turns out to be BadFundy?:eek:

Now that name brings back some pleasant memories.

BoydsOfSummer
02-21-2008, 05:20 PM
He was a weenie, but some of those were awesome threads.