PDA

View Full Version : Anderson and Buerhle?

dunner13
11-03-2006, 12:29 PM
White Sox may be looking to put together anderson and a pitcher for a bat. So what do you think of Dunn for Anderson and Buerhle? I would not take vasquez for sure, I might take garcia but Buerhle is who I really want and who I think we should go after.

Redsnake
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm leary of Garcia, I thought I seen that he doesn't hit 90 on the radar. Not in the 90's, 90! I like Vazquez/Buehrle and Anderson for Dunn.

RedLegSuperStar
11-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Buehrle is someone I would go after too. But Chi Sox will nix that deal even though Buehrle's option was picked up and this would be the final year of the deal. We'd probably only get him for one year.

It would probably take Dunn and Wood to pull off a deal like that.

But that would be a good rotation of Buehrle, Harang, Arroyo, Milton, & Lohse/Claussen. If there was a way the Reds could lock him up with long term contract then I would do it.

dunner13
11-03-2006, 02:16 PM
If all it took was dunn and wood I would do it in a heartbeat. Buehrle is a great young pitcher, I think in right deal the sox would consider dealing him. I think BC would be willing to shell out the cash for a stud pitcher like buehrle.

flyer85
11-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Anderson is flotsam and Buerhle the stud had a 5 ERA this season and is very expensive. Guy has a ton of innings on his arm and this year would have me extremely worried.

BTW, the Reds are now as short on offense as they are pitching. Giving up one for the other at this point is shuffling deck chairs.

Superdude
11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Buerhle's K rate dropped down to 4.32 last year and his HR/9 went up from .76 to 1.59. That's really not a good combo at all with our defense and GABP.

RedsManRick
11-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Take a look at Brian Anderson's numbers/scouting reports and then tell me why Anderson would be a good addition... Then go look at Chris Denorfia. While I don't want to be a homer, lots of people seem to have a grass is greener problem around here.

Falls City Beer
11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't give up a lot to get him, but I'd love to bring Buerhle to the NL. Really no use for Anderson.

GoGoWhiteSox
11-03-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm leary of Garcia, I thought I seen that he doesn't hit 90 on the radar. Not in the 90's, 90! I like Vazquez/Buehrle and Anderson for Dunn.
Freddy Garcia has made the shift from being a power pitcher to being a finesse pitcher. Plus, he got A LOT of run support from the Sox last year. Fly ball pitcher + GABP= Disaster.

On the subject of the Sox getting rid of Buehrle.

Not.

Gonna.

Happen.

The Sox need more pitching, and another solid hitter who can get on base. They already have Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye, and Joe Crede (who finished with 29 homers this past season). Why would Kenny Williams trade for Adam Dunn? They don't need another power hitter.

jmac
11-04-2006, 03:22 AM
i doubt sox would even consider buerhle since they are supposed to be going after " more " pitching.
had a down yr but i would love to see him in a reds uni.