PDA

View Full Version : Bronson Not To Shabby in Japan

NatiRedGals
11-05-2006, 09:31 AM
MLB starter Bronson Arroyo of the Cincinnati Reds, picked up the win after giving up four runs on five hits over four innings.:confused:

Highlifeman21
11-05-2006, 09:36 AM
MLB starter Bronson Arroyo of the Cincinnati Reds, picked up the win after giving up four runs on five hits over four innings.:confused:

How do you pick up a win by only going 4 IP?

This is exhibition baseball, that all I take from it. Consider it winter ball for Bronson.

Chip R
11-05-2006, 10:35 AM
How do you pick up a win by only going 4 IP?

It's the exchange rate. ;)

Joseph
11-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Bronson needs to rest that rubber arm for us.

Dunner44
11-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I was hoping to find some more on how Bronson pitched, but there was nothing else I could find. Lancaster has not a mention of it... anyone have any links to a game story that has more than that throw off line?

Big Daddy P
11-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Not too shabby? 4 runs in 4 innings is a 9.00 era! How is that remotely not too shabby? In fact, that qualifies as a downright beatdown!

No worries Brons my brotha. Lovin' the hair dawg!

blumj
11-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm watching a rerun of a late 2003 Red Sox game right now, and Bronson comes in to pitch in relief down by a run late in 8th. I think they said it was his 5th appearance with the Red Sox after he'd spent most of the season in AAA. His hair was really short. But the really interesting thing is, he didn't change his arm angle the way he does now, every pitch was over the top, and he seemed to be throwing a higher percentage of fastballs than does now, although I wasn't actually counting. And he faced 6 batters, 3 LHHs, who all reached base against him, and 3 RHHs that he got out. Of course, Grady Little left him in the game long enough to have to face 3 LHHs even though he had a LHP warmed up, turning a 1 run deficit into a 3 run deficit.