PDA

View Full Version : Peavy Available?

dunner13
11-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Foxsports rumors says that Jake Peavy might be available. This guy is a stud, I cant believe they would consider moving him. But he had some arm problems last year and his numbers werent as great, however If we could get him for dunn I would do it in a second. Im not sure if dunn alone would do it but with his struggles last year it might. If wayne can pull this off, even possibly throwing in another player or two thats not essential to the future, then this team would be alot better for 07.

PuffyPig
11-13-2006, 11:37 AM
THe only time you can get a Peavy is after a year like he had. He was very BABIP unlucky last year.

Get him if you can.

redsfanfalcon
11-13-2006, 11:44 AM
If we could pull off a trade like the Pirates did with the Padres getting Oliver Perez (when he had a high ceiling) and Jason Bey, Krivsky would be a genius.

Shaknb8k
11-13-2006, 11:46 AM
I just read this on Fox Sports also....they also said that the Reds are still trying for Giles....What are the needs for the Padres?

RedLegSuperStar
11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I'd do Dunn, Coffey, and Minor League Arm (Pelland or Medlock) for Peavy

dunner13
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Wonder if the padres would have any intrest in larue? Piazza is old and horrible defensively. Im sure we would have to pay some of his salary but they might be a team that would take him.

Redsnake
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
The Padres are dangling Linebrink in almost every trade rumor. Coffey would be a good replacement for Linebrink. So a Dunn, Coffey and minor leaguer might be good enough to get Peavy. Unfortunately I think that minor leaguer is Bailey. Then I would have to decline.

RedsManRick
11-13-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they're happy with Josh Bard, who had a monster year offensively for them last year, though his rep is primarily defensive. That said, I would be thilled to get Peavy for Dunn, though it only makes sense if we signed a bat to replace him.

Shaknb8k
11-13-2006, 12:08 PM
If there was a realistic chance to get Peavy i would definatly give up Dunn or Bailey....maybe not both but i would build a centerpiece around either of those guys to try and get him.

flyer85
11-13-2006, 12:30 PM
You would have to make sure he is healthy. I can't fathom why the Pads would want to deal a healthy Peavy but rumors of shoulder issues swirled around him all season.

LoganBuck
11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Doesn't Peavy have a partially torn labrum?

Johnny Footstool
11-13-2006, 01:14 PM
I'd do Dunn, Coffey, and Minor League Arm (Pelland or Medlock) for Peavy

Yes, I'd do that if Peavy is healthy. IMO, Peavy is one of only a few pitchers who have a chance of having an impact on run differential equal to or better than Dunn.

Jim
11-13-2006, 02:04 PM

That's my understanding as well. Kriv should be cautious with this one...

dabvu2498
11-13-2006, 02:14 PM

It's better than the injury Kerry Wood had earlier this season: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47978

Matt700wlw
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Peavy?

I'm in....:D

TeamSelig
11-13-2006, 05:35 PM
I think any deal would have to include Homer Bailey, but if not i'd go for it.

jmcclain19
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM
The Padres are in need of a LF...

CWRed
11-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Brian Giles? Ok seriously, the Reds average age may top 63 this year.

I think Eric Davis and Davey Concepcion have a few good years left in 'em.

;)

Mario-Rijo
11-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Shaknb8k
I just read this on Fox Sports also....they also said that the Reds are still trying for Giles

I wonder if they mean Brian or Marcus? I guess I could see how they might mean either of them.

Shaknb8k
11-13-2006, 09:41 PM
I wonder if they mean Brian or Marcus? I guess I could see how they might mean either of them.

Guess i need to clarify myself....it was Marcus....and I also read where their GM said there are two offers out there that his is thinking about but wants to talk it over at the meetings.

Mario-Rijo
11-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah it is Marcus I found this piece on CNNSI.com

Braves general manager John Schuerholz said the Braves might be involved in one or more transactions this week. San Diego and Cincinnati are among teams interested in second baseman Marcus Giles. The Padres have a setup reliever the Braves covet, Scott Linebrink. The Braves are in the market for a setup man along with a left-handed reliever, and have also inquired about starting pitchers.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Mario-Rijo
11-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Also check this out. This could mean that we could soon be the only suitors for his services. BTW He will make at least 5.5 Million this coming season.

Who's on second?
Nov 10 - After trading Josh Barfield to the Indians, the Padres are in search of a second baseman. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, early candidates to succeed Barfield include free agents Craig Counsell and Nomar Garciaparra and the Braves' Marcus Giles.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Pads might even consider bringing back free agent Mark Loretta, the second baseman they had before Barfield replaced him.

Shaknb8k
11-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Wonder what we would offer the Braves? Im guess Bray would be involved cause Coffey aint getting the deal done unless there are a few more players involved.

flyer85
11-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Wonder what we would offer the Braves? Im guess Bray would be involved cause Coffey aint getting the deal done unless there are a few more players involved.can't trade Bray, he was the centerpiece of the trade, a stud for years to come.

TeamSelig
11-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Coffey and Cormier?

Not sure that I want to do that. We really only have like 3 decent relievers (Coffey, Majik (when healthy), and Bray), not sure that we can afford to trade one.

registerthis
11-14-2006, 10:57 AM
can't trade Bray, he was the centerpiece of the trade, a stud for years to come.

Hey, if Bray somehow helps net us Peavy, "the trade" suddenly becomes much more palateable.

flyer85
11-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey, if Bray somehow helps net us Peavy, "the trade" suddenly becomes much more palateable.the duscussion was about Bray being bait to bring Giles(ATL).

thatcoolguy_22
11-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I read somewhere that I can't recall now that we were heavily pursuing marcus giles. Also I would package Dunn/Bailey/and an assortment of low level prospects into a deal for peavy and dave roberts or khalil greene!

NJReds
11-16-2006, 02:43 PM
For what it's worth, looks like Peavy might go to Atlanta for a package that includes Giles.

As per mlbtraderumors.com:

Jake Peavy to the Braves?Also from Jerry Crasnick on ESPN radio, also no link yet: the Padres are close to sending Jake Peavy to Atlanta for Marcus Giles, Horacio Ramirez and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. This would make some sense: Schuerholz has never been afraid to deal top-drawer prospects (of which Saltalamacchia used to unquestionably be, if he isn't after a weak 2006 at the plate) for impact players. And this does a lot of things for the Padres: fill their 2B hole, replace Peavy (kind of), and put another potentially solid catcher in the system now that George Kottaras is property of Boston. It also allows the Padres to keep Scott Linebrink or use him in a trade with the Red Sox.

HumnHilghtFreel
11-16-2006, 02:49 PM
If Giles goes to SD as rumored for Peavy, would that be the first time brothers played on the same team, with Brian there as well?

Spitball
11-16-2006, 03:22 PM

I have not heard nor seen this about Peavey. Does anyone have a link?

I think Peavey should be a potential target. Fresh off poor performances in playoffs by the Padres' offense and by Peavey, there might be hope for a package including Dunn for Peavey.

Spitball
11-16-2006, 03:24 PM
If Giles goes to SD as rumored for Peavy, would that be the first time brothers played on the same team, with Brian there as well?

No, the Deans, Warners, Weavers, Alomars...and lots more.

flyer85
11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I have not heard nor seen this about Peavey. Does anyone have a link?
There were rumors of "shoulder issues" for the past season but nothing ever official(as you would expect).

HumnHilghtFreel
11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Ah, yeah, I probably should have thought on it a while longer before I posted that lol, but that was my first thought when I heard the rumor about him playing with his brother

klw
11-16-2006, 04:23 PM
No, the Deans, Warners, Weavers, Alomars...and lots more.

The Alous made up an entire outfield one day didn't they. Did the Bret and Aaron ever play for the Reds at the same time? I seem to remember Bret being sent down to bring up Aaron at one point.

thatcoolguy_22
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
There were rumors of "shoulder issues" for the past season but nothing ever official(as you would expect).

maybe a little maj action? hmmm

CySeymour
11-17-2006, 11:05 AM
The Alous made up an entire outfield one day didn't they. Did the Bret and Aaron ever play for the Reds at the same time? I seem to remember Bret being sent down to bring up Aaron at one point.

I think breifly in '98.

Also, don't forget Hank and Tommy Aaron. Plus, of course, the Molina brothers.

Mario-Rijo
11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Did the Bret and Aaron ever play for the Reds at the same time? I seem to remember Bret being sent down to bring up Aaron at one point.

Yes they did play at the same time, remember the All-Boone and Larkin IF game.

Steven @ 1B
Bret @ 2B
Barry @ SS
Aaron @ 3B

I recall Felipe and Matty Alou and seem to remember a 3rd brother but can't recall his name.

RichRed
11-17-2006, 11:34 AM
I recall Felipe and Matty Alou and seem to remember a 3rd brother but can't recall his name.

Jesus.

membengal
11-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Huge Peavy fan, but the partially torn labrum means that the Reds should not sell the farm to get him...

Slyder
11-17-2006, 02:06 PM
I think breifly in '98.

Also, don't forget Hank and Tommy Aaron. Plus, of course, the Molina brothers.

The Ripken brothers played 2b and ss for a while in Baltimore with their dad as a bench coach I think.