PDA

View Full Version : Cocco Crisp

dunner13
11-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Red Sox may sign Drew which would mean they could trade either pena or crisp. Crisp for Majewski? I think the rest of the league values majewski more then most of us reds fans. Crisp could take over Center and provide great defense and be our leadoff hitter. With Crisp in Center and junior in the corner our outfield defense would be improved.

fewfirstchoice
11-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Crisp would be a exellent addition to the Reds.

joshnky
11-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Crisp for Majewski?

Are you serious? Even if we release Majewski the Red Sox probably wouldn't pursue him. We all need to be a little more realistic on this board. Here is a good sanity check: if you don't think a player is very good then the chances of a team trading value for that player are nonexistant. Maybe Coffey, Deno, and a mid-range prospect for Crisp?

Johnny Footstool
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Are you serious? Even if we release Majewski the Red Sox probably wouldn't pursue him. We all need to be a little more realistic on this board. Here is a good sanity check: if you don't think a player is very good then the chances of a team trading value for that player are nonexistant. Maybe Coffey, Deno, and a mid-range prospect for Crisp?

I think you're seriously underestimating the value of relief pitching. Teams have to overpay to acquire bullpen help these days. The Reds gave up Kearns and Lopez to get Majewski and Bray + junk, so surely a smart organization like the Red Sox would trade Coco Crisp for Majewski

Patpacillosjock
11-13-2006, 04:03 PM
um need i remind you that crisp had a .317 OBP and batted .264 last year? Hell no I dont want crisp on our team.

dunner13
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I think majewski has more value then we give him. He was one of the better relief pitchers in baseball in washington. Then he came here and got hurt. I think many teams would value him more then coffey.

RichRed
11-13-2006, 04:11 PM
um need i remind you that crisp had a .317 OBP and batted .264 last year? Hell no I dont want crisp on our team.

But he's still only 26 and I believe he played hurt most of the year. If he returns to healthy 2004-05 form - a good bet in the weaker NL - I wouldn't mind him in a Reds uniform at all.

Patpacillosjock
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM
But he's still only 26 and I believe he played hurt most of the year. If he returns to healthy 2004-05 form - a good bet in the weaker NL - I wouldn't mind him in a Reds uniform at all.

ok then whatever happened to all the denorfia supporters? I thought he was our future in CF

Johnny Footstool
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM

He OPSed around .800 for the two years prior, and as RichRed pointed out, he's only 26. Buy low.

Patpacillosjock
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
i'd rather have aaron rowand or dave roberts than crisp.

RichRed
11-13-2006, 04:34 PM
i'd rather have aaron rowand or dave roberts than crisp.

Rowand - maybe, even though he's 2 years older than Crisp. No way on Roberts - not as much power and he's 8 years older.

M2
11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Wonder if the Red Sox might be interested in Dave Ross as Jason Varitek's caddy. If so, Ross and Majewski might get it done if they're looking to unload Crisp.

Patpacillosjock
11-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Rowand - maybe, even though he's 2 years older than Crisp. No way on Roberts - not as much power and he's 8 years older.

yeah you are right..i was off by a few years on Roberts..my bad..

but I like Rowand alot..and I think we could get him from the phillies.

also i'd like to keep Ross...he's one player i enjoy watching on the field..he is definiltely fun.

Puffy
11-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Wonder if the Red Sox might be interested in Dave Ross as Jason Varitek's caddy. If so, Ross and Majewski might get it done if they're looking to unload Crisp.

Sometimes you really turn me on, M2.

I swear, I'm straight!!

Red Leader
11-13-2006, 05:13 PM

That seems like a pretty fair deal, assuming the Red Sox had interest in Ross as a backup. I'd do that deal.

M2
11-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Sometimes you really turn me on, M2.

I swear, I'm straight!!

Did I mention that as I post this I'm wearing an elaborate set of tresses?

fewfirstchoice
11-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Lohse and Larue

for

Crisp

Maybe something that could happen.

mth123
11-13-2006, 08:24 PM

Not sure. They traded for Mirabelli because no one could catch Wakefield. I would think Ross would have lots of problems in that area from what I've seen. They'd probably rather have Paul Bako or the like. They don't need the bat that much.

If they sign Drew, I think Majewski and a middling prospect (Pelland, Moran, Bubba;) ) might get him. Lots of similar CF available as FA this year. Teams won't need to give up talent for those guys. Its a buyers market unless the guy has big power (and Crisp has more than most of those guys).

jamess697
11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Crisp would be a huge addition to our team, but I think that it would take a combination of players including a catcher to get him. I would think that the Red Sox would want prospects in return. Their farm system is pretty deplited and the need to re-stock. Maybe something like Tyler Pelland, Calvin Medlock, and Todd Coffey. What do you think.

Patpacillosjock
11-14-2006, 09:02 AM
I would think that the Red Sox would want prospects in return. Their farm system is pretty deplited and the need to re-stock.

Sox just had the highest rated draft last year, and still has the top five rated minor leaguers in america.

they arent hurting for prospect AT ALL..they were LOADED at one point (when they had Hanley Ramirez, Anibal Sanchez,and before they got rid of Andy Marte)

registerthis
11-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Until Krivsky decides on what to do with the Junior "situation", I don't see the Reds making any moves for potential CFers.

Puffy
11-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Until Krivsky decides on what to do with the Junior "situation", I don't see the Reds making any moves for potential CFers.

I don't know about that - one of the reasons Griffey is against moving is he feels he is the best option. He has gone on record as saying that if the Reds had a better option he would move.

A guy like Crisp, that might be the better option Junior needs. Besides that - the man who is going to convince Junior to move is his father. The earlier the Reds aquire someone the earlier Senior gets in his ear.

registerthis
11-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't know about that - one of the reasons Griffey is against moving is he feels he is the best option. He has gone on record as saying that if the Reds had a better option he would move.

A guy like Crisp, that might be the better option Junior needs. Besides that - the man who is going to convince Junior to move is his father. The earlier the Reds aquire someone the earlier Senior gets in his ear.

Freel played circles around Junior in CF last year, and yet Junior still felt he had earned the right to be there. I'm not convinced that Crisp would push him any closer to a position switch. I think Junior's definition of "best option" and everyone else's definition of "best option" aren't residing on the same page.

Puffy
11-14-2006, 12:37 PM
nah, Freel isn't considered a CFer by the front office, by the manager, by the media, by scouts, etc.

In other words, rightly or wrongly (and I say wrongly) Freel has been branded a utility guy, a la Tony Phillips, and no one has ever made it a point to say he was a Cfer.

Junior's not gonna move for a part time player. You need a Crisp or a Torii Hunter type for this to begin. Freel and Deno don't count. Thats not saying they shouldn't count - its saying they don't count.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
11-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Everyone would persue Maj if we released him, unlike some people on this board baseball scouts and talent guys know that if a guys hurt he will perform poorly. Maj was very highly regarded before his injury and still is, the only one who would get screwed in the deal is the reds if they give him away when his value is lower than it should be.

registerthis
11-14-2006, 02:44 PM
nah, Freel isn't considered a CFer by the front office, by the manager, by the media, by scouts, etc.

In other words, rightly or wrongly (and I say wrongly) Freel has been branded a utility guy, a la Tony Phillips, and no one has ever made it a point to say he was a Cfer.

Junior's not gonna move for a part time player. You need a Crisp or a Torii Hunter type for this to begin. Freel and Deno don't count. Thats not saying they shouldn't count - its saying they don't count.

I happen to agree, hence my comment about Junior's opinion and everyone else's not being on the same page.

And I'm not sold that Junior would consider Coco Crisp an upgrade over himself. Junior thinks his loss in speed and agility is entirely made up for in an ability to get a good read on the ball and take the proper route. Honestly, I don't know what will convince him otherwise, but if we're waiting on the arrival of a player whom Junior deems better than himself in CF, then we could very well be waiting for Junior's contract to simply expire.

registerthis
11-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Everyone would persue Maj if we released him, unlike some people on this board baseball scouts and talent guys know that if a guys hurt he will perform poorly.

Sure, he'd be pursued if we released him. Dave Williams and Rick White were pursued as well, because teams would have to give up nothing to get them.

And your statement still leaves open the question of why we traded for a player whom scouts and "talent guys" knew would perform poorly.

RedsBaron
11-14-2006, 02:50 PM
I happen to agree, hence my comment about Junior's opinion and everyone else's not being on the same page.

And I'm not sold that Junior would consider Coco Crisp an upgrade over himself. Junior thinks his loss in speed and agility is entirely made up for in an ability to get a good read on the ball and take the proper route. Honestly, I don't know what will convince him otherwise, but if we're waiting on the arrival of a player whom Junior deems better than himself in CF, then we could very well be waiting for Junior's contract to simply expire.

You could be right, and if you are, I anxiously await that blessed event. I have not been a critic of Junior--he was a great player, and I have not criticized his work ethic--but he is no longer a quality defensive centerfielder, and if he insists on still playing that position, he is putting his ego ahead of the team. I've read posts by some here arguing that the Reds have to treat Junior with kid gloves or no other superstar will ever want to come to Cincinnati. I don't believe that. If Junior can no longer play a quality centerfield, and he cannot, Reds management should first try to get Junior to agree to a position change--if he won't agree, move him anyway. If he refuses to play another position, suspend him. I doubt it would come to that, and if it did, I would lose a lot of respect for Junior.

Patpacillosjock
11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
remember when Eric Davis lost a step and we moved him to LF? Why cant we do that for Junior, and when we move Dunn, get a solid base stealing threat/leadoff hitter to play CF.

griffey needs to get over himself

registerthis
11-14-2006, 05:10 PM
You could be right, and if you are, I anxiously await that blessed event. I have not been a critic of Junior--he was a great player, and I have not criticized his work ethic--but he is no longer a quality defensive centerfielder, and if he insists on still playing that position, he is putting his ego ahead of the team. I've read posts by some here arguing that the Reds have to treat Junior with kid gloves or no other superstar will ever want to come to Cincinnati. I don't believe that. If Junior can no longer play a quality centerfield, and he cannot, Reds management should first try to get Junior to agree to a position change--if he won't agree, move him anyway. If he refuses to play another position, suspend him. I doubt it would come to that, and if it did, I would lose a lot of respect for Junior.

Replacing Junior with a quality defensive CFer is likely the single most important thing this club could do to improve its defense in 2007. It's a move that's just begging to be made. Whether or not Narron and Krivsky have the cojones to do it, well that's the question.

RedsBaron
11-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Whether or not Narron and Krivsky have the cojones to do it, well that's the question.

If they don't, then get a GM and manager who do have some cojones.