PDA

View Full Version : Would You Trade Dunn To The Twins?

Krusty
11-16-2006, 05:58 PM
And reason I say that is the Twins are looking for a big bat to be their DH and have an opening in LF. Besides that, they are looking for another veteran starter but might be able to get that in free agency.

So back to that Krivsky and Twins connection. The Twins have a young outfielder in Jason Kubel who rebounded last season from a serious knee injury. They also have a setup man in RHP Jesse Crain who they think can eventually be a closer for some team. They have several young arms like Scott Baker, Boof Bonser and Matt Garza for the starting rotation.

So would a package of Dunn and Harris to the Twins for Kubel, Crain and either Baker, Bonser or Garza work out for both sides?

Harris gives them a third baseman where they have a serious vacancy while Dunn is that big bat to be their DH. Kubel replaces Dunn in LF and has power to drive the ball to all fields and is relatively young at 24 years old. Crain gives the Reds a possible closer and the Reds would get a young starter for the rotation.

cincyinco
11-16-2006, 06:12 PM
You wont get Garza.. he's a top of the rotation type thats in the majors and is cheap. Baker is interesting.. though he struggled. I'm not sure if the Twins have soured on him a bit, but I thought they were really high on him before coming into 06. They didn't seem to think much of Bonser last year, he'd been hiding in AAA forever. He got his shot at the tail end of last year and more than held his own. I think they like him more now.

A guy I'd love to see Krivsky try to land is Anthony Swarzak. He's a prospect right now, should start the year in AA. But he may be able to be had, and I think he has great upside - garza level. He just needs a bit more developement.

I think the Twins would be a solid partner, as they've got lots of chips.. but who knows if Krivsky and Ryan can get something done. And i have no idea if Ryan would even want the Donkey on his team.

schroomytunes
11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
First off I would trade Dunn to any team that offers us a nice return of good young players, especially starting pitching and corner outfielders. I think Minnesota would be a good trading partner, and Krivsky definitely knows their farm system. So i would start the trade like this:

Reds trade-Adam Dunn and Elizardo Ramirez

Twins trade- Jesse Crain(RP), Matt Garza(SP) and Jason Kubel(OF)

Crain becomes the closer, at worst a solid set-up man. Garza assumes the #5 starter role, and Kubel platoons in Left with a FA yet to be signed.

For the Twins Dunn stays in left/Dh, and Ramirez assumes the #5 role on their rotation. Dunn gives them a solid lineup to contend with the Central division, and is signed relatively cheap. Imagine their lineup now.
2.Castillo 3.Hunter 4.Morneau 5.Dunn 6. Cuddyer. The Metrodome will be fun and exciting with that lineup!

cincyinco
11-16-2006, 08:26 PM
I just have a hard time seeing how the Twins are going to trade any of their ML ready pitchers like baker/boof/garza since Liriano is out the year after TJ surgury.

Patpacillosjock
11-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Why dont we just keep Dunn and play him at first base for the rest of his career?

tbball10
11-17-2006, 09:30 AM
im for trading dunn for any decent young starter. with dunn being so 1 demensional (home run hitter), i dont think he is worth the money he will be asking for.

registerthis
11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Why dont we just keep Dunn and play him at first base for the rest of his career?

1) Price tag
2) Desire to play somewhere other than first base

Krusty
11-17-2006, 10:04 AM
With J.D. Drew leaving the Dodgers, they could be looking for a hitter despite close to re-signing Nomar Garciaparra.

If the Reds traded Dunn, they have to get an outfielder in return. If the Dodgers were willing to part with OF Andre Either and RHP John Broxton, it might interest Krivsky.

George Anderson
11-17-2006, 10:28 AM
1) Price tag
2) Desire to play somewhere other than first base

I think the problem is Dunn doesnt want to play first base.

Slyder
11-17-2006, 02:00 PM
im for trading dunn for any decent young starter. with dunn being so 1 demensional (home run hitter), i dont think he is worth the money he will be asking for.

Dunn's not a 1 dimensional player. If his numbers were .240/.290/.500 then yes he is a one trick pony. His OBP makes up for SOME of the lack of the batting average.

Anyways I wouldnt mind if we used the Twins as a trading partner, Krivsky probably knows that system as well as ours. I also agree that I doubt that if we trade them dunn we would get any of the "ready now" guys with Liriano done for 07 and probably at least half of 08 on rehab. But maybe target someone at AA like those others have brought up. What about maybe seeing about packaging one of the MLBers that might be out when more of the spects start coming up. Maybe a Juan Rincon?

Bonzo
11-17-2006, 05:55 PM
I just have a hard time seeing how the Twins are going to trade any of their ML ready pitchers like baker/boof/garza since Liriano is out the year after TJ surgury.

I agree. I don't think the Twins will be willing to trade any of their ML starters. They have Santana, Bonser, Silva, Garza, and Baker/others. :help:

UGADaddy
12-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I agree with tbball: one-dimensional player, power hitting. No speed, no average, no glove (possibly helped if he moved to first??). Also agree wtih Slyder: I like the idea of trading with the Twins because of WK's background.