PDA

View Full Version : Dellucci to Indians...

Mario-Rijo
11-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Per Ken Rosenthal:

Dellucci agrees to 3-year, $11.5M deal

The Indians have found a new left fielder, reaching agreement with free agent David Dellucci on a three-year, $11.5 million contract, FOXSports.com has learned.

The deal is contingent on Dellucci passing a physical. The examination is expected to take place Thursday in Cleveland.

The signing of Dellucci, a left-handed hitter, will enable the Indians to play Shin-Soo Choo in right field and move Casey Blake to first base. Jason Michaels, a right-handed hitter, likely will play left against certain left-handed pitchers.

Dellucci, 33, spent last season as a part-time player after the Rangers traded him to the Phillies on April 1. He performed well in his limited role, however, hitting 13 homers and producing an .899 on-base/slugging percentage in 264 at-bats.

Rangers owner Tom Hicks cited the absence of Dellucci when bemoaned his team's lack of toughness in a radio interview late in the season, saying, "I think we missed David Dellucci. I think that leadership in the clubhouse part is really important, and we didn't have that after he left."

Dellucci, a 10-year veteran, has a career .348 on-base percentage.

Spitball
11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
What will the Indians do with Martinez? Could the Indians be interested in Ross, Ray Olmedo, Elizardo Ramirez, and Tyler Pelland for Jake Westbrook if they move Martinez?

mth123
11-27-2006, 08:40 PM
From a need and value/dollar, this may be the best signing of the off-season so far.

Patpacillosjock
11-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Wow..for that dollar amount Im seroiusly pissed WK didnt get him..what a price for a very very good and underrated player.

I would have loved to have taken him to start in RF full time and let Freel spell Griff for injuries and Dunn/Delluci vs LHP.

Spring~Fields
11-27-2006, 09:07 PM
This guy could have been an asset to the Reds.

redsfan4445
11-27-2006, 09:15 PM
i have been scratchging my head trying to figure out the GREAT plan of the FO as all the better players like this guy are taken.. and the Reds sign retreads from other teams!!!.. doesnt make me want to run out and buy tickets!!

larks
11-27-2006, 09:31 PM
So far I have not been too upset with the FO taking a pass on those who have been signed. No one has really been worth the money they are receiving. That is until this signing. Dellucci would have been a solid solid player for this team at this price.

geniusMoment
11-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I graduated from college in may, I got a good job and have some disposable income, and I was considering season tickets. But now, no way. I'm not spending my money on this team if Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton are considered the big signings. I'll just take a nice vacation or something.

cincy09
11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
craig wilson anyone?

Patpacillosjock
11-27-2006, 09:39 PM
I graduated from college in may, I got a good job and have some disposable income, and I was considering season tickets. But now, no way. I'm not spending my money on this team if Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton are considered the big signings. I'll just take a nice vacation or something.

agreed.

Tigs
11-27-2006, 09:40 PM
craig wilson anyone?Now we are talking :beerme:

jmac
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Now we are talking :beerme:
you may be talking but is wayne and craig's agent ??

RedLegSuperStar
11-27-2006, 10:05 PM
That was a bargain for a stud. Like said before I think that may have been the signing of the off season. Congrats to the Northerners of Ohio on that pick-up.

maniem
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM
craig wilson anyone?

My thoughts exactly. I would gladly take Trot Nixon also. If the Reds can land Nixon for a similar contract as Dellucci's, I'd be all for it. Dellucci's a nice player, but if Nixon stays healthy, i'd wager to bet he'll outperform Dellucci next year, especially if he plays in GABP.

Will M
11-28-2006, 03:43 PM
The Reds have 2 players who are best in LF ( or DH ) - Dunn and Griffey.
Both bat left handed.

Delluci is a left handed hitting outfielder who has a weak arm and poor range -meaning he is best in left.

ergo Delluci was a bad fit for the Reds this year

Mario-Rijo
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
I would gladly take Trot Nixon also. If the Reds can land Nixon for a similar contract as Dellucci's, I'd be all for it.

Not in a million years would I give Nixon anywhere close to that contract.

The reason why is that this is HIGHLY unlikely to happen at this stage in his career.

Dellucci's a nice player, but if Nixon stays healthy, i'd wager to bet he'll outperform Dellucci next year, especially if he plays in GABP.

Jpup
11-29-2006, 03:04 AM
In the words of Ron Simmons....

nevermind.:p:

RedsManRick
11-29-2006, 09:06 AM
How in the world does Gary Mathews Jr. get 10 Million per and Dave Delucci get 4?

paulrichjr
11-29-2006, 01:34 PM
How in the world does Gary Mathews Jr. get 10 Million per and Dave Delucci get 4?

Becasue Delucci never made a catch like Gary Mathews Jr. made this year.