PDA

View Full Version : A joke gone too far.

kbrake
11-30-2006, 06:15 PM
So last night I am over at a girls house who I just started dating. This was only my second time being at her house and around her folks. Well shortly after I arrived, while I was talking with her and her mother fellow redszoner moundpatrol starts the following conversation via text message:

moundpatrol: Clayton just signed for 1.5 mil
kbrake: With who?
moundpatrol: friggin Reds

At this point Kbrake gets up and goes outside. I was not rude about it but I'm sure it was obvious I was not very happy. So I storm out front and call moundpatrol

moundpatrol: Hey man
kbrake: Are you (very bad word that would get me banned from Redszone) kidding me?
moundpatrol: (with so much laughter I could barely understand him) just kidding it was with the Blue Jays
kbrake: Your an (another very bad word that would get me in trouble), thats not even funny. I will talk to you later. (hang up)

Now is it just me or should there be some things that are not to be joked about when it comes to the Reds? For me the thought of another season with Royce Clayton around is one of them.

cincy09
11-30-2006, 06:21 PM
that is pretty dirty

RedsManRick
11-30-2006, 06:25 PM
I thought you were gonna say your girlfriend pulled that joke, at which point I would asked if she had a sister.

redsmetz
11-30-2006, 06:26 PM
The real question would be, Is the girl a good enough baseball fan to understand this scenario? He might have done you a favor weeding out somebody who doesn't share your passion, or maybe confirm that's she's a real find! :luvu:

TOBTTReds
11-30-2006, 07:23 PM
I know my gf would have been even more upset at the situation than I would, and I don't like Clayton at all....I am very lucky though!

Degenerate39
11-30-2006, 07:25 PM
So last night I am over at a girls house who I just started dating. This was only my second time being at her house and around her folks. Well shortly after I arrived, while I was talking with her and her mother fellow redszoner moundpatrol starts the following conversation via text message:

moundpatrol: Clayton just signed for 1.5 mil
kbrake: With who?
moundpatrol: friggin Reds

At this point Kbrake gets up and goes outside. I was not rude about it but I'm sure it was obvious I was not very happy. So I storm out front and call moundpatrol

moundpatrol: Hey man
kbrake: Are you (very bad word that would get me banned from Redszone) kidding me?
moundpatrol: (with so much laughter I could barely understand him) just kidding it was with the Blue Jays
kbrake: Your an (another very bad word that would get me in trouble), thats not even funny. I will talk to you later. (hang up)

Now is it just me or should there be some things that are not to be joked about when it comes to the Reds? For me the thought of another season with Royce Clayton around is one of them.

The real joke is on the Blue Jays :thumbup:

kbrake
11-30-2006, 08:30 PM
To clear up the situation as far as the girl goes. She told me she was a Reds fan and I thought maybe she was just a girl saying that as some do. Well then I asked her who her favorite player was her response "without doubt Adam Dunn" I was like ok you passed my test.

camisadelgolf
12-01-2006, 04:12 AM
Chicks dig the long ball.

Ron Madden
12-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Chicks dig the long ball.

Long before baseball was ever invented. ;)

blumj
12-01-2006, 11:13 AM
I hesitate to do this, because I'm not sure how much of it will translate, but, if you want a laugh, you might want to check out "the urge to post anything" thread on SOSH, That thing is killing me.

MississippiRed
12-01-2006, 12:22 PM
I hesitate to do this, because I'm not sure how much of it will translate, but, if you want a laugh, you might want to check out "the urge to post anything" thread on SOSH, That thing is killing me.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is SOSH?

paintmered
12-01-2006, 12:27 PM

Sons Of Sam Horn. It's a message board for the Red Sox.

Doc. Scott
12-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Sons of Sam Horn, the main Red Sox message board. Anyone want to throw down a link to said thread?

blumj
12-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Sons of Sam Horn, it's a Red Sox board, I'd link it, but someone would have to teach me how in language like I'm a 6 year old, because that's just how ignorant I am. sonsofsamhorn.com, red sox forum, I just thought it was funny and maybe worth a read if anyone has nothing better to do.

RichRed
12-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Sons of Sam Horn, the main Red Sox message board. Anyone want to throw down a link to said thread?

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=13203

blumj
12-01-2006, 01:08 PM
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=13203
Thank you! BTW, David Gassko of the Hardball Times is doing a chat there at 3:00 today, if anyone is interested in reading something more serious.