PDA

View Full Version : 40 Man Analysis:

Mario-Rijo
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
We keep hearing opinions about who/what we need yet to fill the roster and compete the upcoming season. Also it's nice to know what we have available in a possible deal for those parts we need. It's a little easier when you are looking directly at the names/positions already in place.

Per MLB.Com (Presumed Starters in Red and relievers in Green) Also prediction of where each player might start the season.

40-Man Roster
Pitchers: B/T
61 Bronson Arroyo R/R MLB
31 Matt Belisle R/R MLB
45 Bill Bray L/L MLB
-- Jared Burton R/R MLB
56 Todd Coffey R/R MLB
36 Rheal Cormier L/L MLB
65 Jon Coutlangus L/L AAA
66 Phil Dumatrait R/L AAA
39 Aaron Harang R/R MLB
28 Kyle Lohse R/R MLB
38 Gary Majewski R/R MLB
-- Calvin Medlock R/R AAA
22 Eric Milton L/L MLB
54 Elizardo Ramirez L/R AAA
-- Brad Salmon L/R AAA
37 Brian Shackelford L/L AAA
-- David Shafer R/R AAA
29 Mike Stanton L/L MLB
25 David Weathers R/R MLB
Catchers: B/T
-- Chad Moeller R/R AAA
-- Miguel Perez R/R AAA
26 David Ross R/R MLB
17 Javier Valentin S/R MLB
Infielders: B/T
9 Juan Castro R/R MLB
12 Edwin Encarnacion R/R MLB
-- Jerry Gil R/R 6-3 195 10/14/82 AAA
2 Alex Gonzalez R/R MLB
57 Brendan Harris R/R AAA
21 Scott Hatteberg L/R MLB
62 Ray Olmedo S/R AAA
4 Brandon Phillips R/R MLB
-- Joey Votto L/R AAA
Outfielders: B/T
16 Bubba Crosby L/L MLB
19 Chris Denorfia R/R MLB
-- Chris Dickerson L/L AAA
44 Adam Dunn L/R MLB
6 Ryan Freel R/R MLB
3 Ken Griffey L/L MLB
-- Josh Hamilton L/L 6-4 205 05/21/81 MLB
30 Norris Hopper R/R AAA

I left Hamilton's and Gil's #'s on the board just to get an idea of Gil's size and I am wondering to myself of this former SS could move to the OF or 1B? Just a side note there. Also I believe #41 on the list, Watson is no longer a part of the roster at all. I believe I have the 25 man now with Weathers, although not finalized it shouldn't be long.

mth123
12-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks. Not sure how options fit into this. Can they really send Lizard, Harris, Olmedo and Shack down? I'd probably cut loose Crosby to keep one and I'd really like to see Salmon make the team somehow.

Shouldn't have signed all those old guys in the pen.

RedLegSuperStar
12-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks. Not sure how options fit into this. Can they really send Lizard, Harris, Olmedo and Shack down? I'd probably cut loose Crosby to keep one and I'd really like to see Salmon make the team somehow.

Shouldn't have signed all those old guys in the pen.

I'm pulling for Salmon as well... still oblivious as to why we signed both Stanton and Weathers.

Will M
12-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm pulling for Salmon as well... still oblivious as to why we signed both Stanton and Weathers.

I suspect that either the Reds are looking to deal Cormier ( or Majik ) OR they want Belisle to be the 5th starter. Possibly both. If we carry 7 relievers again then in either scenario there is room for Salmon or some other minor league pitcher to make the staff as the 7th reliever.

BEETTLEBUG
12-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Weathers has not fully been signed yet so he isn't on the 40 either.

Mario-Rijo
12-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Weathers has not fully been signed yet so he isn't on the 40 either.

Now it's a done deal and Claussen is off of it, DFA! I will update it. I also deleted Watson, I do believe he was cut.