PDA

View Full Version : 6-6 tie, why?

redsupport
12-20-2006, 01:46 PM
why reds tie the padres in 1980 6-6 with four off bob shirley why no denoument? And what did Rick Auerbach do in his time at bat?

redsmetz
12-20-2006, 02:05 PM
why reds tie the padres in 1980 6-6 with four off bob shirley why no denoument? And what did Rick Auerbach do in his time at bat?

On my dad's birthday in 1980 (June 9th):

At Cincinnati‚ three rain delays and a 4-run 9th for the Reds adds up to a 6-6 tie with the Padres. The game is called at 2:30 a.m.

Rich Auerbach pinch hit for Dave Tomlin in the 9th and flew out to left.

I suspect that since the game didn't matter in the standings, it was never concluded, but having played nine innings, it's still considered a complete game.

redsupport
12-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Was the fly out a long parabola or a line drive. What was the spin on the ball. Did the outfielder have to move a great deal to catch it. Did he catch it in the webbing of his glove or the pocket. These are the significant questions that need to be answered!!

Team Clark
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Was the fly out a long parabola or a line drive. What was the spin on the ball. Did the outfielder have to move a great deal to catch it. Did he catch it in the webbing of his glove or the pocket. These are the significant questions that need to be answered!!

I called Heaven and left a Msg for God. Doug Flynn called back and stated they do not have that game on file.