PDA

View Full Version : List your Bengal changes here.

KoryMac5
12-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Well after a downer of a season I think most of us agree that changes need to be made to this team. This thread is a the perfect place to list what you feel needs to be done.

Buckeye33
12-31-2006, 06:27 PM
1. Fire Chuck and replace him with someone who will call aggressive blitzing defense. None of this sit back and let teams have 12+ play 80+ yard drives.

2. Make sure Chris Henry has someone from the organization with him at all times, even when he's sleeping.

3. Resign Justin Smith

4. Sign a real DT or DE in free agency

5. Sign a CB to go along with Joseph and make sure O'Neal and James are not on this team next season.

6. Draft the best defensive player available in the 1st round of the draft.

Yachtzee
12-31-2006, 08:35 PM
1. Fire Chuck and replace him with someone who will call aggressive blitzing defense. None of this sit back and let teams have 12+ play 80+ yard drives.

We had the aggressive blitzing scheme with Leslie Frazier, but that didn't work out too well either. I think that the defense actually improved against the run this year, but took a definite backslide against the pass. Maybe a part of that was losing 2 starting linebackers in Thurman and Pollack. I think they have a lot of talent on D, but I don't believe the defensive coaches are using a scheme that fits well with this team's talent. I think they need to get rid of Bresnahan and look for a D coordinator who is inventive and can come up with a scheme that best fits the personnel on this team.

I think the big change they need to make is to evaluate which players are on board and which players need to go play somewhere else. I think it was very clear that some players on the Bengals had already book their tickets home. This has been an ongoing problem that Marvin Lewis has been rooting out since become coach. Unfortunately, it appears that this attitude has been popping up like a weed with some of the new guys.

Overall, I think the future still looks bright. I'm not happy that they finished 8-8, but considering the schedule, the time it took Carson Palmer to feel comfortable in the pocket again (still looks a little off), the injuries to the offensive line and the loss of key personnel on defense really hurt this team. However, the line started to gel later in the season and key back-ups now have valuable game experience.

Key areas of need: I don't know that I resign Justin Smith. Maybe I look to the free agent market and the draft, but they need better play at DE, LB and they might need another CB opposite Joseph if O'Neal doesn't return to last year's form. On offense, I'd look for more depth in the interior line. I think Ghiachiuc may do better next season now that he's got a season under his belt and I think Witworth could replace Steinbach if he goes. I think they may need to consider that Chris Perry is never going to be healthy for a season and start looking for a back to spell Rudi. I would also look for some draft day steals at WR if it allows me to use Henry as trade bait. As much talent as he has, he just takes way too many plays off, even when the ball is coming to him, to be a reliable receiver.

WMR
12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
No way am I bringing back Justin Smith for the money he'll be demanding.

Draft DE and pair 'em with Geathers.

Rotater Cuff
12-31-2006, 08:51 PM
2. Make sure Chris Henry has someone from the organization with him at all times, even when he's sleeping.

Don't forget about Odell. 24/7 on him and Henry, and watch our defense get better next year.

KoryMac5
12-31-2006, 08:56 PM
No way am I bringing back Justin Smith for the money he'll be demanding.

Draft DE and pair 'em with Geathers.

We definitely need a pass rush, I'm for drafting either a CB in round one or a DE. The Bengals haven't had a pair of pass rushing ends since the early 80's.

guttle11
12-31-2006, 09:14 PM
1. Fire Chuck Bresnahan

BEETTLEBUG
12-31-2006, 10:14 PM
They Need A Defense Coach

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-31-2006, 10:18 PM
(i'm kidding of course but..) do not allow the bengals to be on primetime tv near the end of the season..when they do it's choke time

MWM
12-31-2006, 10:26 PM
They need to sign a defensive veteran (this is football, not baseball) who has played on dominant defenses, even if this veteran is a touch past their prime. And I'm not talking someone like Sam Adams. That doesn't count. This team needs a field general on defense to light a fire when they're on the field. I'm a big believer when it comes to football that this matters a lot.

Ron Madden
12-31-2006, 10:28 PM
They Need A Defense Coach

The Bengals defense allowed 25 fewer points in 06 than they did in 05.

The offense scored 48 fewer points in 06 than they did in 05.

Who knows with this team? :dunno:

George Foster
01-01-2007, 01:04 AM
We definitely need a pass rush, I'm for drafting either a CB in round one or a DE. The Bengals haven't had a pair of pass rushing ends since the early 80's.

you can't blitz from the corners if you don't have linebackers. Both of our starting linebackers, both 1st round picks, are not even on the team.

WVRed
01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
1.Fire Chuck Bresnahan.

This may be a long shot, and I know a lot of Bengal fans will hate me for suggesting this, but if Cowher is done in Pittsburgh as is being implied, whoever replaces him may decide to employ a scheme other than the 3-4. Enter Dick LeBeau. If by default Lebeau is let go and we decide to go with an agressive blitzing defense(not to mention switching schemes), why not the guy who was largely responsible for our defense being successful before Marvin arrived?

Other defensive possibilities I would consider are Dom Capers(if Saban leaves Miami), Tim Lewis, and Romeo Crennel if he is let go in Cleveland.

2.Let Justin Smith and Eric Steinbach leave.

We have the replacements in house already. Whitworth slides over to guard and Frostee Rucker once he comes back replaces Smith. I would sign or draft a DE on day one as an insurance policy, but right now, Rucker is the guy.

3.Sign Asante Samuel to replace Tory James and Deltha O'Neal.

Samuel teamed with Joseph solidifies the cornerback position.

4.Draft Day.

I would address the defensive line with the first pick, particularly the tackles. DeMarcus Tyler is my first round pick. The rest of the draft should be used to fill offensive line and defense.

Defense-

DE-Robert Geathers
DT-DeMarcus Tyler
DE-Frostee Rucker
LOLB-Landon Johnson(David Pollack when/if he returns)
LILB-Odell Thurman(he will be given a second chance)
RILB-Ahmad Brooks
ROLB-Brian Simmons
CB-Asante Samuel
CB-Jonathan Joseph
FS-Madieu Williams
SS-Dexter Jackson

The player changes arent much, but I think a change in the coaching staff will make a bigger difference.

guttle11
01-01-2007, 05:40 PM
WVRed, that looks pretty good except you're missing Peko. He'll be a/the starter at defensive tackle, and he's earned it.

Jefferson24
01-01-2007, 06:25 PM
A good team defense attorney may be a wise investment.

wheels
01-01-2007, 09:12 PM
What reason can be directly tied to the team's propencity to fold up (read:Choke) in tense situations?

When the chips are down, this team tanks it.

Are they neurotic?

Hire a team psychologist or something.

traderumor
01-01-2007, 09:51 PM
WVRed, that looks pretty good except you're missing Peko. He'll be a/the starter at defensive tackle, and he's earned it.
Yea, Peko is in the running with Joseph for team ROY. Peko showed the ability to get push on the run and was above average on the pass rush as well. I wonder how much of noticing him had to do with his hair, though?

Changes? A speed first scatback in the backfield. New starting LBers. Replace Tory James. DE, DT, TE.

StillFunkyB
01-01-2007, 11:16 PM
1.) Fire Chuck.
The rest are in no particular order:
2.) Get a decent backup for Rudi. I don't like Watson, and Perry is always hurt.
3.) Get CJ healthy.
4.) Get another corner to go with JJ.

I also might try and find another Off. Coordinator. It just seems like this offense is very predictable too often. The only thing that IMHO gets them by is the talent level of guys like Palmer, Housh, and the Johnsons.

Cedric
01-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Until this team can somehow get a sustained pass rush they won't be competitive deep into January.

I hope the years of reaching on low ceiling players like Justin Smith and David Pollack are over. You can't wreak havoc on opposing teams with short arm Justin bull rushing past the Qb every play. He creates a massive pocket almost every single play.

flyer85
01-02-2007, 09:50 AM
What reason can be directly tied to the team's propencity to fold up (read:Choke) in tense situations?lack of character. You'll always reach a point in a tough scrap when it is easier to quit than continue to fight. The guys with character issues will quit.

Hoosier Red
01-02-2007, 10:09 AM
lack of character. You'll always reach a point in a tough scrap when it is easier to quit than continue to fight. The guys with character issues will quit.

Really?
Who do you identify as "character issues?"
It didn't look like Chris Henry quit yesterday or last week.

In fact the biggest blowups the last two weeks have been from the highest character guys on the team.
Shayne Graham and Brad St.Louis.
Carson's 63 passer rating probably didn't help either. Maybe he's a low character guy.

redsfanfalcon
01-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Do the Bengals have players that mentor new players coming in from college? So many players do not know how to deal with getting all the money that comes along with being in professional sports. They should set them up with current players to guide them along. I realize that this wouldn't end all trouble with the law, but I think it would help.

flyer85
01-02-2007, 10:22 AM
A bad snap, a missed kick, guess what? Those things happen. Instead of redoubling their efforts the Bengals defense gave the Steelers the easiest touchdown they probably scored all season. It was rather obvious that the team gave up the fight after the missed kick and the lost coin toss. The overtime stamped and exclamation point on the differnce between quitters and winners. Character issues are all about effort and selflessness, especially when things appear bleak.

Yachtzee
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Really?
Who do you identify as "character issues?"
It didn't look like Chris Henry quit yesterday or last week.

In fact the biggest blowups the last two weeks have been from the highest character guys on the team.
Shayne Graham and Brad St.Louis.
Carson's 63 passer rating probably didn't help either. Maybe he's a low character guy.

Chris Henry had quit on a number of plays earlier in the game. I distinctly remember a couple of passes that he could have gotten to, but seemed to be slacking off, allowing the DB to get position. If he turns on the jets we know he has, he catches those balls. He's also been known to erase his own big plays with stupid taunting penalties. Just because he comes through on a couple of passes late in the game doesn't necessarily make him a great team player. He's one of those guy with million dollar talent and a 10 cent head.

St. Louis' foul up in the Denver game is a bitter pill to swallow. It's an extra point. You have to make that snap. Graham's kick looked good, but took a weird turn at the end, which led me to believe he was just a victim of a bad crosswind. Then again, maybe he just shanked it. But with the past history of Bengals kickers, I think Shayne gets a "we'll get them next time." The bigger problem on that drive was the poor clock management that left the Bengals without the opportunity to get it closer.

Carson's problems with sailing it over receivers heads? I think that may be related to some lingering lack of confidence in the O-Line, but he still needs to step up and make plays, especially on those blitzes. Maybe with his audible power, he needs to call more quick slants or look to the RB in the hole created by the blitzing rusher. Other teams use that to great success against the Bengals.

flyer85
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
what do some players think?

Selfishness gets the blame
The 2006 Bengals: What went wrong?
BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

Bengals players echoed their coach, as they often do, after the season-ending loss Sunday to the Steelers.

In Paul Brown Stadium's home locker room, selfishness was cited repeatedly as the reason the Bengals under-achieved in 2006.

"Small, every gap is small in football," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said. "There are not wide gaps in the NFL, very small. But it takes people that are selfless."

Said right tackle Willie Anderson: "We all know it is selfishness. We as a team will never get over the hump with the selfishness."

Lewis and his players stopped short of defining selfishness, but examples were on display all year.

Players who get into trouble off the field are viewed as selfish by their teammates, though no one would mention names.

Talented players such as wide receiver Chris Henry and linebacker Odell Thurman - examples 1a and 1b of the bad-boy Bengals - might come to work and work hard. But they're not at home getting rest, studying film or their playbooks when they're out into the wee hours of the morning and getting into trouble.

It's not a stretch to say the Bengals' defense missed Thurman's big-play ability at middle linebacker, where his consistency and knowledge of assignments as a second-year player would have had to improve over his rookie season.

When a bit player like rookie wide receiver Reggie McNeal got into trouble outside a Houston nightclub, Lewis defended him publicly, saying he was the victim of a bad arrest. Why didn't Lewis make an example of McNeal in some way? Instead, there was an air of "anything goes" in the locker room.

Hoosier Red
01-02-2007, 11:25 AM

YIPEE. player's echoing marvins words in hopes he doesn't find them to be the selfish ones.

Make plays. Make them with character or not, but dangit make plays.

paintmered
01-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Marvin needs to return to the mantra of "do your job" of a few years ago.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Pack up and move the team to LA. LOL

Roy Tucker
01-02-2007, 12:35 PM

From the same article, you left out the part that makes it seem like lunches are the problem. I've heard of a lot of things in my life, but lack of team lunches and not cleaning up the break room are some new ones.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070102/SPT02/701020319

LEAVING FOR LUNCH

Speaking of the locker room, Tory James, Deltha O'Neal and Johnathan Joseph were among the players who left almost every day during the season for lunch. They did not stay with their teammates. There was a lack of unity.

Tailback Rudi Johnson addressed the need for team cohesion, but not in any specific context.

"We need to come together as a team and stay together all the time," Johnson said after the game.

Other players don't leave, but they take their team-provided lunches and head into the lounge (where there are video games, a television and pool table) or another room (where there is a ping-pong table). Twice during the season, Lewis locked the lounge door, not as a punishment for poor game performance or a loss but because it was not cleaned up.

Then there are those players who, at times, seem more concerned about individual statistics than the team's success.

Lewis commented within the past two weeks that individual numbers will come when the team wins. He is aware of the problem, nothing unique in the NFL to the Bengals.

In the past two years, some Bengals players have grumbled about the attention-getting behavior of wide receiver Chad Johnson, though Johnson toned down his act considerably this past season.

For certain, the offseason will bring changes. Lewis, 8-8 in three of his four seasons as Bengals coach, faces pressure to get the Bengals deep into the playoffs.

FREE AGENCY IMPACT

Several high-profile players are unrestricted free agents, and short of team designations to limit their mobility, players the likes of defensive end Justin Smith and guard Eric Steinbach could end up wearing other uniforms next season.

But money should not be the object.

The salary cap for 2007 is $109 million. The Bengals are $28.4 million under the cap. They, like other NFL teams, have all kinds of room to do business.

Desire to spend and to win - not finances - would be the only reasons the Bengals would not re-sign players the caliber of Smith or Steinbach.

Dom Heffner
01-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Character issues are all about effort

And Shayne Graham's effort fell short.

Put blame where it belongs. Shayne Graham missed the kick, and it really doesn't matter if he's been arrested 5 times or not.

It didn't help him that his head coach can't manage a clock worth a crap.

dsmith421
01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Carson Palmer completely choked for large portions of the last three games, then has been quoted in the press pointing fingers at "selfish" teammates.

I guess he's one of those low-character guys we need to run out of town.

forfreelin04
01-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Carson Palmer completely choked for large portions of the last three games, then has been quoted in the press pointing fingers at "selfish" teammates.

I hope you are being sarcastic about the last comment because I feel Palmer will bounce back from a rebuilding year for him and have an even more sucessful season next year.

Palmer certainly is not a low character guy. If anything I think he realizes the team makes or breaks by his performance. The lack of consistecy on defense is surely adequate evidence of this. I think he simply tries to do too much. Say what you what about Kitna or other less talented quarterbacks like a Chad Pennington or a Steve McNair, but they have realized one thing that Carson WILL but hasn't yet. That is, you can attempt to do too much. How many times did we see Palmer force a ball into double coverage or force a ball to Ocho Cinco because he seemingly felt he needed too? Or even more so, hold onto the ball way longer then necessary? He needs to learn to throw the ball away when coverage downfield is sealed and especially when the pocket has collapsed!! How many times did he fumble this year because he thought he had an opportunity at the last second? He needs to throw it away or tuck the ball away and take the coverage sack in these situtations. I understand why he feels the way he does. But Marvin and company need to teach him to be conservative with the football when necessary. His fumbilitis could have hurt us in many more situations then it did. The best way for Marvin to counteract this problem is to finally provide the tools and the coaching this defense needs. This is something Dungy has not addressed in Indy yet and I don't see the all important ring on his finger yet. With a much improved instead of a marginally improved defense, Carson can finally worry less about making the big play.

GAC
01-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Anyone listen to Alan Cutler on WLW this morning? I thought he was right on. He basically said that Marvin Lewis was instrumental in turning this team around and instituting his program. But Lewis' "honeymoon" is now over, and it's time for him to be a head coach in the sense of taking charge.

If he had taken the Bengals to the Super Bowl, then he would have gotten credit. Should he also not get the blame when things kinda went awry? Or is he exempt?

I listened to parts of a Lewis interview given yesterday, and he stated that he didn't feel some of the personal issues some of the players experienced had any effect on the field.

Now was he simply giving the media a "dog and pony" show?

Danny Serafini
01-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Something tells me character still isn't high on the list. From the Bengals blog on one of those Cincinnati newspapers:

The Bengals signed former Iowa State defensive end Jason Berryman to two-year contract Tuesday -- he is one of 10 newcomers to the offseason roster.

But, according to the Des Moines Register, Berryman is just another bad boy on a roster filled with them.

According to the newspaper, Berryman last played for the Cyclones in 2005, when he was third on the team with 72 tackles, had had several legal problems.

The Register reports: "In his last college game, the 2005 Houston Bowl, he collected 12 tackles and five sacks. As a freshman, he was named the Big 12's defensive newcomer of the year in 2003.

"Berryman, however, drew almost as much attention to himself off the field.

"He was kicked off the team last January shortly after being ticketed for being "on premises under age" at a dance club. He had spent 258 days in the Story County jail for punching an Iowa State student and robbing him of $4 and a cell phone from in August 2004. He was released from jail in April 2005 and was allowed to rejoin the Cyclones that August.

"Berryman applied for the 2006 NFL supplemental draft last summer but was not selected."

dsmith421
01-03-2007, 12:23 PM
I hope you are being sarcastic about the last comment because I feel Palmer will bounce back from a rebuilding year for him and have an even more sucessful season next year.

I was being sarcastic.

But Palmer's performances against Indianapolis, Denver, and Pittsburgh were downright pathetic and far below the standards he set last season. If anything, he's the one player on the roster whose late failures contributed most to the Bengals' collapse.

Yachtzee
01-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone listen to Alan Cutler on WLW this morning? I thought he was right on. He basically said that Marvin Lewis was instrumental in turning this team around and instituting his program. But Lewis' "honeymoon" is now over, and it's time for him to be a head coach in the sense of taking charge.

If he had taken the Bengals to the Super Bowl, then he would have gotten credit. Should he also not get the blame when things kinda went awry? Or is he exempt?

I listened to parts of a Lewis interview given yesterday, and he stated that he didn't feel some of the personal issues some of the players experienced had any effect on the field.

Now was he simply giving the media a "dog and pony" show?

I think he's right in that some of the personal issues had no effect on play on the field. I don't think Steinbach or O'Neal were greatly affected on the field by their OVIs. The only players whose outside conduct really had an affect on their play this season were Henry and Thurman. Henry missed two games because of suspension and Thurman, of course, missed the whole season.

KoryMac5
01-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Something tells me character still isn't high on the list. From the Bengals blog on one of those Cincinnati newspapers:

The Bengals signed former Iowa State defensive end Jason Berryman to two-year contract Tuesday -- he is one of 10 newcomers to the offseason roster.

But, according to the Des Moines Register, Berryman is just another bad boy on a roster filled with them.

According to the newspaper, Berryman last played for the Cyclones in 2005, when he was third on the team with 72 tackles, had had several legal problems.

The Register reports: "In his last college game, the 2005 Houston Bowl, he collected 12 tackles and five sacks. As a freshman, he was named the Big 12's defensive newcomer of the year in 2003.

"Berryman, however, drew almost as much attention to himself off the field.

"He was kicked off the team last January shortly after being ticketed for being "on premises under age" at a dance club. He had spent 258 days in the Story County jail for punching an Iowa State student and robbing him of $4 and a cell phone from in August 2004. He was released from jail in April 2005 and was allowed to rejoin the Cyclones that August.

"Berryman applied for the 2006 NFL supplemental draft last summer but was not selected."

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that they signed Berryman. After all the trouble and constant media and fan attention on the character issue this is one of the first signings of the offseason. Yuck!

dsmith421
01-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Oh, and while we're on the subject of successful teams and character, meet your 13-3 Baltimore Ravens:

http://www.mugshots.com/Sport/Steve+McNair.htm

http://www.mugshots.com/Sport/Ray+Lewis.htm

http://www.sportsgoons.com/volume3/Vol3_Iss18/index3_18.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-taylor101,0,4612876.s...

http://ravens.scout.com/2/575555.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1786805

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE5D71231F934A25755...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1682277

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2031461

GAC
01-03-2007, 09:07 PM

I still believe that Carson is not fully recovered from last year.

WMR
01-03-2007, 10:03 PM

Equal parts physical AND mental, IMO.

I think he'll come back and have a monster season next year.

This will be a big off-season for him to get everything fully back on track.

Yachtzee
01-03-2007, 10:03 PM

I agree with that assessment. I look forward to seeing how he plays after an off-season focusing on honing his craft rather than rehabilitating his knee.

SunDeck
01-04-2007, 01:27 PM
I think the key ingredient in being a successful NFL team is keeping the starters in the lineup. The Bengals were not able to do that in two key areas- linebacker and the offensive line. I think both of those problems were huge this year, keeping them from really coming together as a team. Only one of the players missing from those positions was a "character issue", Odell Thurman.

My suggestion for the Bengals would be to move Geathers to LB, and use draft picks to go after another top LB. They are quite a ways under the cap; I'd use a lot of it to change the defensive line- letting Smith walk if they can bring in an equal or better replacement (personally, I think they never should have put him at end. He'd be a wicked inside linebacker). And they'll have to strengthen the backs (especially of James goes).

Leave the offense as is except to upgrade at TE...or keep Kelly and use him more downfield.

I also agree about Palmer not being 100%. We ought to be thankful the guy even played the entire season after knee reconstruction. It's one thing to get back to shape physically, another entirely to regain the speed and timing needed to be an NFL quarterback. The fact that he performed as well as he did is amazing if you ask me.

lo ryder
01-04-2007, 11:24 PM
All defensive and special temas assistant coaches.

George Foster
01-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Marvin said either Wed. or Tues. that all the coaches are under contract and are coming back. This goes back to my argument that Head Coaches, like officers in the Army, should not have close personal relationships with their coaching staff. You see them through "rose colored glasses."

In the military officers are forbidden to have personal relationships with fellow soldiers under them (enlisted men). The reason for this is it is harder to give orders or take orders from a buddy. Even harder to fire one of them.

Tony Cloninger
01-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Special Teams were in the Top 5 in KO, PR return avg.
They were not the problem.....except for 1 muffed XP.
I mean really.....all they would have done was tie that game.

The game was lost with CP overthrowing TJ in the endzone when he was wide open for a 6 yard TD.....and motion penalty taking away 75 yd pass to Henry......AND Chad's fumble, and he hardly ever fumbles...the way was clearly trying to tackle the ball and CJ still would not just go down and let the guy strip it away.

On the subject of LeBau.........people really have short memories.
I see it on the Bengal web site also...... This is a guy who became DC in 1984 after Hank Bullough left it as the No. 1 rated defense in the NFL in 1983.

Gone were only Ken Riley and Jim LeClair.....yet it goes to middle of the pack in 1984....and then dead last in 1985....with the same players, save those 2 and i think Gary Burley was gone by then.

His defenses.....BOTH times he was here....were never Top 10...barely in the Top 20....always run over.....always weak and soft.

But this also goes back to the way the bengal org. runs things.

Why does Lewis and LeBau have success in BAL/WASH and PITT respectively?

What do those 3 org have that the Bengals do not have?

They have a true GM and double the full time scouts.
They do not have an owner who thinks beacuse his father was a great judge of talent....he also is...and can do it 60's-70's style......with a bare bones front office.

Those teams have GM's, Player Pers. Directors (Not Jim "I coached in High School" Lippincott).....and scouts who do this FT and do not expect their coaches to try and do it on the fly.

PITT is famous for drafting great players after the 1st 3 rounds.....I mean in the first 3 rounds....most of us could make great picks....it's after those rounds when the depth of your team and the ability to replace FA comes into play.

PITT and BAL have and have had great GM's.
Maybe throwing WASH in here is a stretch due to the woner wanting to buy his way to the top.....and that is not the only way to go....BUT if MB had half of Snyder's ego....he would probably see that it might be time to break the bank on a difference maker on defense....while realizing he needs a GM and to hire more scouts.