PDA

View Full Version : Jake Peavy arrested

dabvu2498
01-05-2007, 09:14 AM
*yawn*

Call me when someone commits a real crime.

MOBILE, Ala. -- San Diego Padres pitcher Jake Peavy was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct Thursday at Mobile Regional Airport.

The 25-year-old Mobile native was taken to the Mobile County Metro Jail shortly before 7 a.m. and was released on a $350 bond, according to the jail log.

Airport Police Chief James Kincaid would not say what led to Peavy's arrest, but he told the Press-Register newspaper that "a situation presented itself and the officers involved felt like they had a situation to deal with."

Padres general manager Kevin Towers told The Associated Press he was told that Peavy was headed for a goodwill tour of the Dominican Republic with other major league players when he double-parked to drop off his bags and was told by airport police to move his car.

"The airport police told him he couldn't park his car there and he said, 'Write me up a ticket and I'll pay for it,'" Towers said. "He was arrested."

A message left on Peavy's cell phone wasn't immediately returned. Peavy's agent, Barry Axelrod, didn't respond to an e-mail and a call to his cell phone.

Kincaid said the incident occurred around 5:20 a.m. just outside the terminal building.

Peavy has a career record of 57-45, all with the Padres. He was 11-14 with a 4.09 ERA last season.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2720716

MrCinatit
01-05-2007, 09:26 AM
The Padres should part ways with a trouble maker like that. Trade him to...oh...I don't know...I guess the Reds will take him for Bubba Crosby.

Johnny Footstool
01-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Definitely a troublemaker. A bad seed. The Pads would be wise to dump him.

camisadelgolf
01-05-2007, 10:12 AM
If he were a Bengal, he would have been tased.

RichRed
01-05-2007, 10:26 AM
If he were a Bengal, he would have been tased.

Well, if he were a Bengal, he would've been armed. :evil:

TRF
01-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, if he were a Bengal, he would've been armed. :evil:

and be .15 over the legal limit.

Ltlabner
01-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow...what a felon. I'm sure the airport authority is assembling a taskforce right now to investigate this crime spree. :runaway:

CougarQuest
01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Did he get the parking ticket? Did he get his car towed? But the DC, based on this information, dismissed.

Rojo
01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
When did Peavy convert to Islam?

George Foster
01-06-2007, 01:05 AM
After they arrested him, they did a full cavity search on a 80 year old lady, because she put her tissue in her bra. Don't you love rent-a-cops?

Unassisted
01-06-2007, 08:01 PM
In the meantime, his double-parked car probably sat there and blocked traffic 2 or 3x as long as it would have if they had just written him a ticket and sent him on his way. Maybe there's a quota on arrests at the Mobile airport?

jmac
01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Wasnt Peavy rumoured to be traded to atl earlier in this offseason?
If it was in fact him.....any one heard if SD still willing to talk deal if right one came along ?

Ltlabner
01-07-2007, 07:52 AM
"The airport police told him he couldn't park his car there and he said, 'Write me up a ticket and I'll pay for it,'" Towers said. "He was arrested."

Assuming this is a 100% accurate description of what took place, it sounds like Mr. Airport Police Officer got his nose out of joint for being spoken to in such a way and decided to show Mr. Peavy who was really in charge.

That's sooooo impressive. :rolleyes: