PDA

View Full Version : MLB.tv

TOBTTReds
01-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey, looking for some advice here.

I am going to be moving away from the Reds "TV region" in a few weeks. I had a few questions about how the best way is to watch Reds games if I live out of town.

I know MLB.tv is one way:

Is the picture clear?
How big is the picture?
Are any games blacked out that aren't from against teams in your area?

How about extra innings on cable?
Is that package still available?

No one has to dig for answers, just looking for some first hand advice. Thanks a lot.

TOBTTReds
01-09-2007, 12:18 PM
FYI, I did read the other thread about DirecTV in ORG.

Jpup
01-09-2007, 12:30 PM
FYI, I did read the other thread about DirecTV in ORG.

If you can get them through cable or DirecTV, it's a much better option. I have MLB.tv because I have no other choice right now. You can also record games and fast forward through commercials with the regular extra innings option.

Redsfanao
01-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey, looking for some advice here.

I am going to be moving away from the Reds "TV region" in a few weeks. I had a few questions about how the best way is to watch Reds games if I live out of town.

I know MLB.tv is one way:

Is the picture clear?
How big is the picture?
Are any games blacked out that aren't from against teams in your area?

How about extra innings on cable?
Is that package still available?

No one has to dig for answers, just looking for some first hand advice. Thanks a lot.

I subscribed to MLB.tv last season. The picture is nothing to write home about. Regular size it is about 1/3 the size of your screen. You can make it full screen but the picture gets somewhat fuzzy at full screen. The picture is actually pretty clear at the 1/3 size, but it's somewhat difficult to see since it's a little small.

In terms of blackouts...Last season, they would not show any games during the Saturday game of the week on Fox. So, if the Reds aren't the game of the week on Saturday, you're out of luck for that game. Other than that, I can't remember any blackout restrictions beyond the local blackout.

Hope this helps

TOBTTReds
01-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I subscribed to MLB.tv last season. The picture is nothing to write home about. Regular size it is about 1/3 the size of your screen. You can make it full screen but the picture gets somewhat fuzzy at full screen. The picture is actually pretty clear at the 1/3 size, but it's somewhat difficult to see since it's a little small.

In terms of blackouts...Last season, they would not show any games during the Saturday game of the week on Fox. So, if the Reds aren't the game of the week on Saturday, you're out of luck for that game. Other than that, I can't remember any blackout restrictions beyond the local blackout.

Hope this helps

Thanks. I have bought games off of MLB.tv, so I'm guessing it is the same picture.