PDA

View Full Version : Reds/Marlins trade idea

edabbs44
01-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Wayne should get on the horn pronto. The Marlins are young pitching rich and Cincy could deal a Denorfia or Freel. I would love to see Deno starting in CF this season but if he could get a legit arm from Florida, I'd help pack his bags. And last season Tampa declined a Scott Olsen for Gathright offer from Florida, so they aren't adverse to dealing for a need. And, at this stage, Deno has more potential than Gathright.

And yes, I realize that there are many that wil say "They want Upton and he is a huge prospect." That is true. But Florida offered someone who has ML experience. I am saying offer Deno or Freel for a younger guy...preferable Freel.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6365160

MARLINS OFF-CENTER
The Marlins continue to explore trades for young center fielders, focusing on the Red Sox's David Murphy, Indians' Franklin Gutierrez and Devil Rays' B.J. Upton and Elijah Dukes.

Murphy is an interesting target; one scout calls him a "sleeper," believing that he eventually will hit for power. The Rays rejected an Upton-for-Ricky Nolasco deal earlier this off-season. Talks between the teams currently are dormant.

For what it's worth, veteran center fielder Alex Sanchez — whom the Marlins signed to a minor-league contract in December — batted .350 through 35 games in the Venezuelan Winter League.

Handofdeath
01-13-2007, 10:53 AM
You are under the impression that right now the Marlins are operating like a Major League ball club.:D

reds44
01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Denorifa for Pinto and Mitre.

Newman4
01-13-2007, 01:46 PM
The Marlins continue to explore trades for young center fielders, focusing on the Red Sox's David Murphy, Indians' Franklin Gutierrez and Devil Rays' B.J. Upton and Elijah Dukes.

It says young. Freel isn't young and Deno turns 27 in July. Is that too old?

DannyB
01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
I dont think the Marlins will make any moves untill they find out what Cabrera and Willis are going to cost.

Krusty
01-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Freel and Ramirez to the Marlins for LHP Scott Olsen.

Patrick Bateman
01-13-2007, 02:23 PM
It says young. Freel isn't young and Deno turns 27 in July. Is that too old?

He's a young 27 in regards to baseball. He is 6 years from FA and will be cheap for a long time. That basically fits the Marlins' needs.

cincyinco
01-13-2007, 04:07 PM

I think it would take more than that.. not sure Freel fits their youth movement, and not sure if they want/need a guy like the Lizard. I would think when moving a guy with Olsen's upside, they would want something more significant. Give em 'Deno, Stubbs, and Travis Wood for Olsen and parts? That might be too good to pass up... Cueto perhaps. I would trade any pitching prospect not named Homer Bailey for this kid. He's gonna be great.

BEETTLEBUG
01-13-2007, 04:07 PM
I like that trade Krusty.

cincyinco
01-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I like that trade Krusty.

So do I, but do you really think that lands a guy of Olsen's calibur?

I don't.

mth123
01-13-2007, 04:22 PM
So do I, but do you really think that lands a guy of Olsen's calibur?

I don't.

I don't either. I think Deno and Wood plus one of the relievers like Medlock, Salmon or Shafer would be needed. Fla still might not do it.

I don't want to see the Reds trade Deno, but if they are going to play Griffey in CF anyway.... and they still have Freel for another year I guess.

Fla may want to keep Olsen, Sanchez and Johnson as their top 3 and trade off Willis for a ton of prospects (say Pelfrey, Heilman and Milledge maybe) and to save cash.

RedLegSuperStar
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
I think Denorfia for Petit would be fair.

Dracodave
01-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I think Denorfia for Petit would be fair.

I'd trade Deno for Petite or Freel +Cueto/Wood + Salmon/Reliever for Sanchez. Those would be two awesome trades.

jbran1114
01-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Maybe if Deno could get a few more at bats he would have more value! That's another thread.

Highlifeman21
01-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Elizardo Ramirez is absolute trash, and Freel's approaching the wrong side of 30.

Would love to have Olsen, but I have a feeling Cueto and Freel would get us closer.

Newman4
01-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't think other clubs like Deno's upside or he would already be out of town. I think other clubs see him as too old for a prospect and with a skill set that has limited power and speed. Very Tracy Jones-ish with the latter.