PDA

View Full Version : D-Train Avoids Arbitration

FutureRedsGM
01-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Per ESPN:

Dontrelle Willis reached agreement Monday on a one-year, guaranteed $6.45 million contract with the Florida Marlins, a day before he was scheduled to exchange salary arbitration figures with the club.

Willis' deal includes $50,000 in incentives for games started, a "sizable" advance on his salary, and bonuses if he makes the All-Star team or wins the Cy Young Award, Silver Slugger or National League Most Valuable Player Award, according to his agent, Matt Sosnick.

If Willis stays healthy, he will be in position to equal the $6.5 million salary earned by the Chicago Cubs' Carlos Zambrano in 2006. That's the most money ever for a starting pitcher in his second year of salary arbitration.

------------------------>

What year of Arbitration is Harang in? What kind of money can we expect to see for him?

camisadelgolf
01-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Over a (mostly healthy) full season, that's about $8 million. I have no idea what year Harang is, but I would guess that he's in his second year of eligibility, too. I'm also thinking that if Willis gets about $8 million, Harang should be worth no more than $6 million.

Redsland
01-16-2007, 05:00 PM
What year of Arbitration is Harang in? What kind of money can we expect to see for him?
Second.

A little less, I'd guess. Aaron made $2.35MM last year and lacks some of Willis' sizzle, so I'd guess Harang will sign for about $5-5.5MM, based on Dontrelle's deal.