PDA

View Full Version : Something up with JR and CF

fewfirstchoice
01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
I have a UK message board with 3 of my friends and one is a guy who lives in the Cincy area and knows a couple business men tied to the Reds.Not sure if they work for the Reds or just bussiness men around the area who know Reds employes.He told me over on my message board that he was told that the Reds are talking to a team about a trade for a CF.He didnt know a name,well atleast didnt give me one.All he was told was that they are talking and are mentioning names with a club and something could happen shortly.If he gives me a name or a club Ill pass it along but this is all I was told at the time thanks.

goreds2
01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
I posted this on another thread but XM175 HOMEPLATE said tonight that the Reds are looking to place Griffey in Right Field this spring. Your statement and this could go "hand in hand".

RedsManRick
01-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Junior for Jacque Jones and Rich Hill :-P

CySeymour
01-19-2007, 09:36 AM
It's probably not that earth shattering that they are talking with another team about a CF. To be honest, they probably have several hundred conversations through out the year with other teams about different trade possibilites, 99% that never come to fruition.

TStuck
01-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Donnie Walsh, the Pres. and CEO of the Indiana Pacers, in an interview after the 8 player trade this week between the Pacers and Golden State, said that in pro sports the trades that are talked about openly usually never happen - it's the ones that aren't talked about that usually end up happening.:cool:

puca
01-19-2007, 09:58 AM
So, I guess the lesson is to never talk about a trade you want to happen.

redsmetz
01-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't know that this is inferring that Griff is getting traded. It could be a good indicator that he's moving over. Then again, maybe not.

Heath
01-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Junior for Jacque Jones and Rich Hill :-P

Donnie Walsh, the Pres. and CEO of the Indiana Pacers, in an interview after the 8 player trade this week between the Pacers and Golden State, said that in pro sports the trades that are talked about openly usually never happen - it's the ones that aren't talked about that usually end up happening.:cool:

So, if we talk about Rick's "trade", according to TStuck it won't happen?

:pray:

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Cormier and Freel for Thames and Monroe.

jojo
01-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I think there is a better chance of me having Jessica Simpson come over and clean my bathroom than Jr getting traded.

FutureRedsGM
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I think there is a better chance of me having Jessica Simpson come over and clean my bathroom than Jr getting traded.

If Jessica Simpson is at your house, I'll clean your bathroom!!

registerthis
01-19-2007, 11:31 AM

I'd settle for *anyone* coming over and cleaning my bathroom.

dougdirt
01-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah....lets trade for another CF....we already have 2.5 on the team in Freel, Denorfia and Griffey (he thinks he is, no one else does....hence the .5)

BRM
01-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah....lets trade for another CF....we already have 2.5 on the team in Freel, Denorfia and Griffey (he thinks he is, no one else does....hence the .5)

If they trade for another CF just to appease Junior...well, that's just sad.

I(heart)Freel
01-19-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm of the opinion that Kriv gets paid per transaction.

So yea... definitely feel a move coming soon. I mean, the guy needs some walking around money in Florida.

redsfan4445
01-19-2007, 11:50 AM
i could handle it being Andrew Jones.. yeah that would work for me!!!:)

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-19-2007, 12:03 PM
i could handle it being Andrew Jones.. yeah that would work for me!!!:)

I could handle that, how much would he cost?

MartyFan
01-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Look to the Twin Cities!

RichRed
01-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Look to the Twin Cities!

Kenny Landreaux?

What, too young?

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Look to the Twin Cities!

Unless you can get Hunter, they are pretty weak as far as outfielders go.

MartyFan
01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Unless you can get Hunter, they are pretty weak as far as outfielders go.

Yep...but they have a ton of guys who going to arb next year and need to save some money...we could deal younger guys with potential and enable them to resign a couple more of their players.

anthonyb
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
what about coco crisp

MartyFan
01-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I love Coco Crisp...do we have anything that the Sox want that isn't named Arroyo?

Jpup
01-22-2007, 07:45 AM
I love Coco Crisp...do we have anything that the Sox want that isn't named Arroyo?

Hom...nevermind.

Razor Shines
01-22-2007, 07:57 AM

Oh you put him as a .5 because he's like only half a center fielder, oh that's hillarious. You're awesome.

reds44
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
If we could get a legit everyday CF that allows us to move Griffey to RF, I would do it in a heartbeat. Then send Denorfia to the Marlins for a pitcher.

I like Denorfia and his defense alot, but you could get someone better.

RedsManRick
01-22-2007, 07:38 PM
If we could get a legit everyday CF that allows us to move Griffey to RF, I would do it in a heartbeat. Then send Denorfia to the Marlins for a pitcher.

I like Denorfia and his defense alot, but you could get someone better.

Oh really? Who's that? Who are you going to trade away to get that "legit" CF better than Denorfia? I'm not averse to anything that helps the team -- but I don't see who this CF better than Deno that is available (for a reasonable cost) is...

reds44
01-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh really? Who's that? Who are you going to trade away to get that "legit" CF better than Denorfia? I'm not averse to anything that helps the team -- but I don't see who this CF better than Deno that is available (for a reasonable cost) is...
I don't know who is available. All I was saying was that there are better options the Denorfia is CF. If Wayne can trade for one, then I am all for it.