PDA

View Full Version : Web Design: CMS with PHPBB forum intergration

HotCorner
01-22-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm looking for some recommendations on a CMS with PHPBB forum intergration. Ultimately looking for user submitted articles that post on the front page and re-produce in the forum for discussion.

jmcclain19
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm looking for some recommendations on a CMS with PHPBB forum intergration. Ultimately looking for user submitted articles that post on the front page and re-produce in the forum for discussion.

I am a huge drupal fan, and I know drupal.org has some phpbb integration links on their site. I can't speak to how exactly well it's integrated, but it's worth a look.

From personal experience, I wouldn't use any other CMS.

Also - I don't know how hard core you are about using phpbb, but Drupal has a pretty strong forum engine already built in.

Let me know if your interested and I can shoot you some links to poke around.

Another thought - Why not just do a CMS - pick whatever you want, then establish a subdomain for your phpbb - I see your thought for promoting over content to the forum area, so that would be one place you wouldn't have functionality.

jmcclain19
01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
HotCorner, I've never used it, but I see that subdreamer does supposedly integrate phpbb & invision, among others

http://www.subdreamer.com/