PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers sign Rudy Seanez to minor-league deal, Reds pursued him

Tom Servo
01-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Dodgers have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran reliever Rudy Seanez. The Los Angeles Times reported that the deal could be worth up to $1.2 million if he meets performance incentives.

Seanez, who will reportedly receive a base salary of $700,000 if he makes the team out of spring training, started the 2006 campaign with the Boston Red Sox, but was released in August after going 2-1 with a 4.82 ERA in 40 games. San Diego then signed him and he made eight appearances for them in September and one in the playoffs.

The 38-year-old right-hander was also being pursued by the Cincinnati Reds and Colorado Rockies. Seanez also pitched for the Dodgers from 1994-95.

In 429 career games, with Cleveland, San Diego, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Texas, Boston, Kansas City and Florida, Seanez has a career record of 30-23 with a 4.21 ERA.

http://netsports.baseball.com/default.asp?c=baseball&page=mlb/news/AAN4059640.htm

deltachi8
01-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't now why Wayne was after him, he is to young for the Red's BP.

edabbs44
01-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't now why Wayne was after him, he is to young for the Red's BP.

Especially since WK has spend an estimated 92.7% of his tenure with the Reds trying to acquire bullpen arms.

WK, THE BULLPEN IS FULL!

Degenerate39
01-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Can't say I'm surprised he's going after 38 year old pitcher that would be in the bullpen.

Jpup
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
what a joke.:bang:

LawFive
01-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Mark it down, sometime this year the Reds will be the first with an all Lefty pen...

RedRage
01-23-2007, 07:07 PM
omg the reds ALMOST signed someone to a minor league deal!! :eek:
The Sky really is falling!!
Chill people
:deadhorse

Topcat
01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
The jokes about the bullpen are getting old. My thinking is WK has some kids down on the farm he projects being BP pitchers down the line and wants a year or 2 to develop more. In the end a cheap priced bullpen can lead to better use of the dollars available to work on weaknesses elsewhere.

Redsland
01-24-2007, 10:39 AM
The jokes about the bullpen are getting old.
You think the jokes are old?

Why, I heard the team decided not to buy a golf cart to take the pitchers to the mound after it learned that each of them already has one.

In fact, those pitchers are so old I've heard them threaten opposing players by saying they'll keep any ball that gets hit into their bullpen.

Not only that, but I've heard that they're forcing the team to put one of those staircase elevator things to bypass the dugout step.

Truth is, a couple of them are still allowed to throw the spitter.

That's how old they are.

:D