PDA

View Full Version : I have the itch.

kbrake
01-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Ok so heres the deal. Every year at right around this time I get the itch for baseball to start. I dont really know what it is, I just feel like I am going to go nuts waiting on baseball to get here. This year for whatever reason I thought I was going to be ok, but I think the National Championship game kind of got me ready for baseball.

Anyways this year I was ready, I anticapated the problem before last season even started. My solution was to record last seasons Reds games on DVD then I would have something to at least watch again until the new season started. Well I have been doing that and while its nice its not really helping either.

So I was kind of curious what the rest of you do. I know other people have to get this kind of excitement just anticipating the start of a new season with a clean slate. So what do all my fellow Redszoners do?

Ltlabner
01-24-2007, 06:32 PM
If you have "the itch" try this...

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/30/9d/Gold_Bond_Triple_Action_Medicated_Body_Powder-resized200.jpg

Ltlabner
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM
This year RZ has helped me get over the hump and not lose my mind. Also, my dad and I have watch a few of the 75 world series DVD's together.

In years past, I've tried to just pretend that baseball didn't exist from September to March/April. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

KronoRed
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM
So what do all my fellow Redszoners do?

I remember I root for the Reds and I savor times like these when they are still in the race :D

kbrake
01-24-2007, 06:45 PM
I remember I root for the Reds and I savor times like these when they are still in the race :D

:laugh: Good point.

I have given thought to buying the 75 series on DVD, but I am kind of trying to go cheap right now. Also 75 was way before my time but I think that might make it all the more interesting for me to watch.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Anyways this year I was ready, I anticapated the problem before last season even started. My solution was to record last seasons Reds games on DVD then I would have something to at least watch again until the new season started. Well I have been doing that and while its nice its not really helping either.

Watch the June 31st (i think) game Vs. The Indians, @ Home. GREATEST game of last season!!! I wish I had it on DVD!!! I was there and it was AWESOME!

Matt700wlw
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm getting it. I spent the early part of the afternoon down at GABP at a luncheon, tooks some BP in the indoor facility by the clubhouse and went through the HOF again.

It was enjoyable. Although my schedule get all kinds of crazy during the summer....I'm looking forward to some baseball.

reds44
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm getting it. I spent the early part of the afternoon down at GABP at a luncheon, tooks some BP in the indoor facility by the clubhouse and went through the HOF again.

It was enjoyable.
I hate you. ;)

Sometimes I wish so bad I loved in Cincy.

kbrake
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Watch the June 31st (i think) game Vs. The Indians, @ Home. GREATEST game of last season!!! I wish I had it on DVD!!! I was there and it was AWESOME!

Yeah was there too and was running late for the game and didnt get the chance to set the DVD Recorder. Yeah I know.

Handofdeath
01-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Do you know what usually cures a bad itch? More cowbell!!!

redsmetz
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I hate you. ;)

This summer, you can get one of those packages; tickets to the game and a hotel room. That'll take care of all of it.

remdog
01-24-2007, 07:36 PM
I hate you. ;)

Love wherever you like but usually the person you are with is the determining factor. :p: How's that old line go,...love the one you're with....(wherever you are). ;)

Rem

redsmetz
01-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Love wherever you like but usually the person you are with is the determining factor. :p: How's that old line go,...love the one you're with....(wherever you are). ;)

Rem

A girl was I dating back in the day went to see Stephen Stills in concert with her old boyfriend. All I kept thinking about was Stills singing that song at the show and how that just might spell trouble for me!

RollyInRaleigh
01-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Dude, it sounds like you were already in trouble.

remdog
01-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Dude, it sounds like you were already in trouble.

Yes, well this thread is definately creating some flashbacks....not all of them necessarily pleasant. :p:

Rem

vaticanplum
01-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I watch a lot of figure skating. Nationals are this week, those are on par with early-round playoffs for me. I'm lucky that my two sports run on complete opposite schedules (literally, the FS World Championships are mid-late March and the first major skating competition is the last week in October). i know you're all very upset that I don't talk about this more.

DannyB
01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
3 weeks till pitchers and catchers :pimp:

Chip R
01-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I watch a lot of figure skating. Nationals are this week, those are on par with early-round playoffs for me. I'm lucky that my two sports run on complete opposite schedules (literally, the FS World Championships are mid-late March and the first major skating competition is the last week in October). i know you're all very upset that I don't talk about this more.

Has Puffy given you positive rep for this post yet? ;)

HumnHilghtFreel
01-24-2007, 09:52 PM
This year RZ has helped me get over the hump and not lose my mind.

This place has made me worse!

Normally around this time of year, I can tide myself other with basketball games, but now that I've found this place I have Reds info thrown at me all the time and it makes waiting for the season that much harder lol.

Ron Madden
01-25-2007, 05:40 AM
I just look out the window and wait for spring..........

redsmetz
01-25-2007, 07:45 AM
I just look out the window and wait for spring..........

Something like this?

http://www.affordable-bride.com/Doll%20Pages/window-sitting.jpg

KronoRed
01-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Well I sure hope he doesn't dress like that, might get arrested :help:

Ltlabner
01-25-2007, 04:08 PM
My father just called me. The Reds ticket people contacted him about the "seat upgrade" process. Looks like we will move 2 sections closer to home plate, from section 435 to 433 for our 20 game package!

Last year, however, we discovered the thrill of upgrading to the Club Home Section 220ish behind home plate. It's expensive, but dad usually treats (I pay for my portion of the 20 game package and 1/2 the food) and the seats are best in the park, IMO.

Now, I've gone from daily maintenance doses of RZ to full on jones for baseball.

Ron Madden
01-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Something like this?

http://www.affordable-bride.com/Doll%20Pages/window-sitting.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: Almost. ;)

Ron Madden
01-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Well I sure hope he doesn't dress like that, might get arrested :help:

I'd hate like hell to go to jail wearing that outfit. :redface: