PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Freel 2006 Highlight Video from YouTube!

Grounds_Crew
01-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I hope this isn't a repost. I'm not sure since I'm new to this site, but if it is I apologize. Anyway, here's a 7 minute long highlight reel from Freel. Pretty impressive stuff to you get more in the mood for baseball...as if my pictures thread didn't already! Haha...:beerme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IujNz3T0Nw8

As George Grand would say, "He got it, He got itttt!"

reds44
01-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Good video. You may want to edit out the MLB thing at the end of the highlights, but besides that I enjoyed it.

However, that video reminds me of how much I hate George Grande.

Grounds_Crew
01-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Good video. You may want to edit out the MLB thing at the end of the highlights, but besides that I enjoyed it.

However, that video reminds me of how much I hate George Grande.

I didn't make that video, I just stumbled upon it. So, I can't take out the MLB logo's. Sorry!

mole44
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
he got it! he got it!

oneupper
01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Nice video.

I was waiting for last year's game-saving catch in HOU (don't remember exactly...May or June perhaps). He was in CF and went to his right (towards LF) and crashed into the wall there.

Degenerate39
01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I like the video except for the MLB screen at the end of each clip.

RichRed
01-25-2007, 05:36 PM
That player Freel threw out at home near the beginning of the clip? Your friend and mine, Royce Clayton!

I could watch that catch he made off Pujols' bat about a thousand times. Phenomenal grab.

Dunner44
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Did you see who two of the guys he robbed were? Clayton and Hollandsworth... maybe they were pitty pickups after Freel humiliated them. Also, did you see how many times the pitcher looking up, up, up was #22? Oh yeah.

redsupport
01-25-2007, 08:15 PM
he made one catch with the reds leading 14-0 amazing

Tom Servo
01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Did you see who two of the guys he robbed were? Clayton and Hollandsworth... maybe they were pitty pickups after Freel humiliated them. Also, did you see how many times the pitcher looking up, up, up was #22? Oh yeah.
I particularly like the famous robbery of Pujols clip. Milty just seems to have an "aww nuts" body reaction to Pujols hammering the ball. :lol:

redsupport
01-25-2007, 09:58 PM
can you imagine the reds brass watching that and still inserting griffey into cf

acredsfan
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
I know one thing, that throw from center to home would have been dropped by Ross. Say what you want about his bat and contract, but all this talk about defense and you trade away your best defensive catcher.

I was at that game where he robbed Pujols and if I remember right he also made a pretty amazing catch running toward the foul line that night. He was electric that night. It's amazing how a player like that can energize a crowd, now if we could just build a quality team around him.

HumnHilghtFreel
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
I actually found this a week or so ago and watched it a couple times after puttin it in my favorites

TOBTTReds
01-25-2007, 10:50 PM
can you imagine the reds brass watching that and still inserting griffey into cf

yes i can

BoydsOfSummer
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
That was fun to watch. Gotta love Freelie. That catch on Pujols is one of the best ever, anywhere, anytime.

jimbo
01-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Not to knock on Freel, but I wonder how many of those diving catches were the result of getting a bad jump on the ball?

Grounds_Crew
01-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Not to knock on Freel, but I wonder how many of those diving catches were the result of getting a bad jump on the ball?

All that matters is that he made the catch, right? RIGHT! It doesn't matter how you get it done, as long as you get it done!

forfreelin04
01-27-2007, 10:30 AM

I'd say at least one or two. However, how many of other outfielders would have given up on any of those balls? I mean come on if Freel can go flying after a ball when the Reds are up 10 to nill, thats friggin amazing. I just wish he'd work more on his baserunning. He could be even worse a threat on the basepaths if he worked with someone. He relies totally on instinct and not on brains sometimes.

I was there for the Pujols catch. Best baseball moment I ever had in Cincinnati. It was amazing to see how the fans all stood and applauded for at least 3 or 4 minutes. Cincinnati fans are pretty darn smart. They were applauding the effort but they knew how much the catch meant to the rest of the game. Now if we can just get these fans a playoff team or better!

Blimpie
01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
he made one catch with the reds leading 14-0 amazingExcellent observation...

jimbo
01-27-2007, 04:39 PM
All that matters is that he made the catch, right? RIGHT! It doesn't matter how you get it done, as long as you get it done!

No need to yell.

I think it does matter how you get it done. With the way Freel plays the outfield, put him in CF full-time and he'll be lucky to play 120 games a season because the injuries will catch up. I admire how Freel plays the game, but I'm not as enamored with him in the outfield as others here are. As fun as the highlight real is to watch, there are times when it's not smart to dive. I remember once last season when Freel dove on a fly ball while playing center with runners on base. He missed it, the ball goes to the wall, the bases are cleared and the hitter gets to 3B.

Freel is fun to watch, but he is not a fundamentally sound outfielder and is too wreckless, IMO. I'd rather see him in the infield. He'd make a good full-time infielder and he'd stay healthier.

Grounds_Crew
01-27-2007, 05:09 PM
No need to yell.

I think it does matter how you get it done. With the way Freel plays the outfield, put him in CF full-time and he'll be lucky to play 120 games a season because the injuries will catch up. I admire how Freel plays the game, but I'm not as enamored with him in the outfield as others here are. As fun as the highlight real is to watch, there are times when it's not smart to dive. I remember once last season when Freel dove on a fly ball while playing center with runners on base. He missed it, the ball goes to the wall, the bases are cleared and the hitter gets to 3B.

Freel is fun to watch, but he is not a fundamentally sound outfielder and is too wreckless, IMO. I'd rather see him in the infield. He'd make a good full-time infielder and he'd stay healthier.

I wasn't yelling, haha...just making a comment!

kxblue
01-27-2007, 11:46 PM
He got great jumps on the Rockies ball, Pit one, and Edmonds second one...

Im not saying he is the best OF of all time, but he is a very good OF who gets decent jumps. Not the best, but he gets good jumps on most balls.

goreds2
01-28-2007, 10:38 AM

Did Ryan get a bad jump on the ball via the line drives down the 3rd base line? ;) If you can react to a ball down the line, you most probably have the same instincts in the outfield. That is a god given talent. (My opinion :) )

Speaking of the catch in the 14-0 game, I can remember a game the Reds were trailing in double figures in the 9th inning. He hit a slow tapper between the mound and first base. He ran down the line like it was game 7 of the World Series (9th inning) with the tying run on 3rd and two outs. :thumbup: