PDA

View Full Version : It Finally Happened To Me....

Dom Heffner
01-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I received one of those scam e-mails asking to help transfer money over here.

I was really feeling left out until I got this:

LOT 125 AV. DES
QUAIS RUE 7 08 BP 441
ABIDJAN-COTE D' IVOIRE.

I DO APOLOGIZE FOR APPROACHING YOU IN SUCH A MANNER,BUT CIRCUMSTANCES FORCED ME TO CONTACT YOU. I WAS FORMERLY A MEDICAL STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABIDJAN, COTE D IVOIRE TILL MY PARENTS AND MY ONLY BROTHER WHERE KILLED BY THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT BECAUSE MY FATHER WAS AN OPPOSITION LEADER TO THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT.

BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER, HE HAS $4.5 M USD (FOUR MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.) IN A DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT WITH A BANK IN CTE D'IVOIRE WHICH I AM THE NEXT OF KIN.

I HUMBLY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
1) TO HELP GET THIS MONEY TRANSFERRED TO YOU.
2) TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN
3) TO MAKE AN ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER AFTER THIS MONEY IS TRANSFERRED.
4) TO LOOK FOR A GOOD VENTURE WHERE THE MONEY WILL BE INVESTED.

I AM READY TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT IN ASSISTING ME.

YOURE SINCERELY,
HELEN.

Gosh, where do I sign up?

Ltlabner
01-27-2007, 11:59 AM
I must admit I love reading those things. I don't know what it is about them but I like seeing what sorta new twist they put on the same old story.

Heath
01-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I received one of those scam e-mails asking to help transfer money over here.

I was really feeling left out until I got this:

LOT 125 AV. DES
QUAIS RUE 7 08 BP 441
ABIDJAN-COTE D' IVOIRE.

I DO APOLOGIZE FOR APPROACHING YOU IN SUCH A MANNER,BUT CIRCUMSTANCES FORCED ME TO CONTACT YOU. I WAS FORMERLY A MEDICAL STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABIDJAN, COTE D IVOIRE TILL MY PARENTS AND MY ONLY BROTHER WHERE KILLED BY THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT BECAUSE MY FATHER WAS AN OPPOSITION LEADER TO THE PRESENT GOVERNMENT.

BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER, HE HAS $4.5 M USD (FOUR MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.) IN A DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT WITH A BANK IN CTE D'IVOIRE WHICH I AM THE NEXT OF KIN.

I HUMBLY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
1) TO HELP GET THIS MONEY TRANSFERRED TO YOU.
2) TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN
3) TO MAKE AN ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER AFTER THIS MONEY IS TRANSFERRED.
4) TO LOOK FOR A GOOD VENTURE WHERE THE MONEY WILL BE INVESTED.

I AM READY TO COMPENSATE YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT IN ASSISTING ME.

YOURE SINCERELY,
HELEN.

Gosh, where do I sign up?

Give her your bank account number now and ask questions later.

:D

ochre
01-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Go here: http://www.419eater.com/ for a look at the people that are "out there on that wall", protecting you and me from these scams!

Razor Shines
01-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I've gotten a bunch of scam attempts from things I've sold on Ebay. When I was selling my Playstation 2 I got a message from someone saying they wanted to buy it for their nephew studying in Ethiopia (not sure what he was studying) and said they would give me $500 and $100 for shipping. The bid was at $85 at the time so it made sense for them to offer me $500. So I made up a bunch of information and said my name was Rand Mcnally for 3 weeks I got messages asking "Rand, have you sent the package yet? I sent your money."