PDA

View Full Version : Kris Benson out for the season...think the Reds could talk Baltimore into Milton?

redsfan4445
02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
per mlbtraderumours.com

Kris Benson Out For The Season
The big news today courtesy of Ken Rosenthal is that Orioles starter Kris Benson is out for the season because of a rotator cuff tear. It's a bummer for Benson, as it may result in his $7.5MM option for '08 being declined.

The injury leaves the Orioles scrambling to find a starter who can provide 180 innings of 4.90 ball in the AL East. Rodrigo Lopez might've been that guy; Hayden Penn probably isn't ready to do that yet. The team will probably bring in a veteran replacement. Rosenthal mentions Steve Trachsel as the most likely, as well as Mark Redman and Ron Villone. Villone last started in 2004.

Like to see the Reds sign Redman for 3 milion and trade Milton to Baltimore for prospects..

well its nice to dream..:)

jojo
02-12-2007, 10:35 PM
per mlbtraderumours.com

The big news today courtesy of Ken Rosenthal is that Orioles starter Kris Benson is out for the season because of a rotator cuff tear. It's a bummer for Benson, as it may result in his $7.5MM option for '08 being declined.

The injury leaves the Orioles scrambling to find a starter who can provide 180 innings of 4.90 ball in the AL East. Rodrigo Lopez might've been that guy; Hayden Penn probably isn't ready to do that yet. The team will probably bring in a veteran replacement. Rosenthal mentions Steve Trachsel as the most likely, as well as Mark Redman and Ron Villone. Villone last started in 2004.

Like to see the Reds sign Redman for 3 milion and trade Milton to Baltimore for prospects..

Milton's flyball tendencies in Baltimore might qualify him as a WMD.

Highlifeman21
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Trade for Kris Benson, just so we get to watch all the Anna Benson we want.

She fine.

dunner13
02-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Orioles just signed steve traschel. So they probably dont want milton.

keeganbrick
02-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Trade for Kris Benson, just so we get to watch all the Anna Benson we want.

She fine.

Didnt they divorce?

Dom Heffner
02-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Milton is like that fruitcake that sits on the table alongside the good food at Christmas time. You can't give it away.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Man this thread scared me, when I got first glance I could have sworn it said Bronson

redsgabp
02-12-2007, 11:51 PM
per mlbtraderumours.com

I swear to god when I first read the title of this, I thought it said Bronson out for the season. I was like WTF!?!?

reds44
02-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I swear to god when I first read the title of this, I thought it said Bronson out for the season. I was like WTF!?!?
Yep, the exact same thing happend to me. I about died.

redlegs7089
02-13-2007, 01:15 AM
i mistaked benson for bronson and i almost had a heart attack

Ravenlord
02-13-2007, 05:18 AM
per mlbtraderumours.com

i really doubt that Villone is physically capable of pitching even 100 innings in the Majors (let alone 180) at this junction of his career. though it would be hillarious to see the O's put that kind of faith in him.

Jim
02-13-2007, 10:17 AM
The O's already signed Trachsel as Benson's replacement. Kriv didn't move fast enough to dump Milton.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2763185

TeamSelig
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Wow, I read it as Bronson too, even though I had already heard about Bensen.

Handofdeath
02-13-2007, 02:46 PM
The Orioles would take Milton Berle before Eric Milton.

Matt700wlw
02-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Didnt they divorce?

I don't think so....

BRM
02-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Didnt they divorce?

I think she filed for divorce last spring but dropped it a couple of weeks later.

FutureRedsGM
02-13-2007, 02:58 PM
This may get some negative responses, but . . .

Why are we still so willing to rid ourselves of Eric Milton? He is in the last year of what is now (because of the off-season stupidity) a semi-reasonable contract. 1 of 3 things can happen:

1. Milton overperforms and the Reds make the playoffs.

2. Milton overperforms and we flip him at the deadline for a nice package of prosepcts.

3. Milton underperforms and we get a draft pick or so when he leaves for free agecy.

Why does he haveto be traded NOW?

BRM
02-13-2007, 03:05 PM
This may get some negative responses, but . . .

Why are we still so willing to rid ourselves of Eric Milton? He is in the last year of what is now (because of the off-season stupidity) a semi-reasonable contract. 1 of 3 things can happen:

1. Milton overperforms and the Reds make the playoffs.

2. Milton overperforms and we flip him at the deadline for a nice package of prosepcts.

3. Milton underperforms and we get a draft pick or so when he leaves for free agecy.

Why does he haveto be traded NOW?

1 or 2 would be nice. As for 3, if Milton underperforms from his current level, there will be no draft pick for the Reds to get. He won't even be a Type C.

Handofdeath
02-13-2007, 04:09 PM
1 or 2 would be nice. As for 3, if Milton underperforms from his current level, there will be no draft pick for the Reds to get. He won't even be a Type C.

But, in the last year of his contract no team is going to send a bunch of prospects for him. Either the Reds or another team would have to negotiate another deal for him. However if you neutralize his stats for his career he's 80-89 with a 4.30, so you never know. To me it would probably be more like prospect than prospects in any case.

BRM
02-13-2007, 04:19 PM
But, in the last year of his contract no team is going to send a bunch of prospects for him. Either the Reds or another team would have to negotiate another deal for him. However if you neutralize his stats for his career he's 80-89 with a 4.30, so you never know. To me it would probably be more like prospect than prospects in any case.

I agree. And that prospect wouldn't be much a prospect either. In other words, it's very doubtful the Reds get much of anything for Milton outside of salary relief if he's traded.